PDA

View Full Version : Jimenez is really good, dont get me wrong, but check this out...

DB791
05-31-2010, 05:40 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7900

Look at how ugly those teams are...

TexasHeat
05-31-2010, 05:45 PM
10-1 with 0.78 is impressive even if he faced the Astros 11 times.

Pro_Shark
05-31-2010, 05:47 PM
Dodgers, Brewers, Dbacks, Braves? With half of his games being at Coors?

jacketfan
05-31-2010, 05:50 PM
half of his games have been against teams in the top 6 in runs scored in the NL. not sure if thread is serious...

bbacn123
05-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah 2 games agains the first place Padres, 1 against the first place Braves, 1 against the WC leading Dodgers

And while the Brewers may be a bad team they have a killer line-up, so 1 more against the stacked Brew Crew

Yep...what a cakewalk

SpeedDemon9
05-31-2010, 06:34 PM
Yeah 2 games agains the first place Padres, 1 against the first place Braves, 1 against the WC leading Dodgers

And while the Brewers may be a bad team they have a killer line-up, so 1 more against the stacked Brew Crew

Yep...what a cakewalk

OP must not watch baseball much.

Uncontested
05-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Stupid fuccking thread is stupid.

Jimenez is like 5 victories from a Cy Young and its MAY.

robogain
05-31-2010, 07:42 PM
jimenez is a beast. dudes already got the cy locked up as long as he doesnt totally **** up. halladay and a few others are waiting in the wings

GetBigyo
05-31-2010, 07:43 PM
10-1 with 0.78 is impressive even if he faced the Astros 11 times.
This.

bbacn123
05-31-2010, 07:47 PM
jimenez is a beast. dudes already got the cy locked up as long as he doesnt totally **** up. halladay and a few others are waiting in the wings

Jaime Garcia isn't that far behind. He's one 5 ER game away from having a similar ERA to Garcia.

_Translucency
05-31-2010, 07:59 PM
He's pitching in the majors and his home stadium is the one of, if not, the best hitter's park in the history of the sport - I don't care who those numbers are against.

-=Zeus=-!
05-31-2010, 08:03 PM

Yep...what a cakewalk

Agreed with this, not exactly easy

DB791
05-31-2010, 09:01 PM
Let me break this down for you homers...

San Fran***** (Played them today) - This might be the worst offense in the league.
Houston - God awful as well.
Washington - Average.
Dodgers - Above Average.
Padres - Outside of Gonzalez and Headley, who is good on this team??
Atlanta - Last time I checked this team is on the brink of getting no hit every night.
Milwaukee - Above average.

The guy is a complete beast, but pitch him against some half way decent lineups and his numbers are no where close to this.

DB791
05-31-2010, 09:04 PM
He's pitching in the majors and his home stadium is the one of, if not, the best hitter's park in the history of the sport - I don't care who those numbers are against.

7 games pitched away (after todays game)
4 games pitched home

jacketfan
05-31-2010, 09:05 PM

San Fran***** (Played them today) - This might be the worst offense in the league.
Washington - Average.
Dodgers - Above Average.
Atlanta - Last time I checked this team is on the brink of getting no hit every night.

The guy is a complete beast, but pitch him against some half way decent lineups and his numbers are no where close to this.

the braves are on the verge of getting no hit every night, yet are 6th in the NL in runs scored??????????

bbacn123
05-31-2010, 09:07 PM

Washington - Average.
Dodgers - Above Average.

Well let me enlighten you..

San Fran- Yeah they suck
Houston- ok they suck as well
Nats- agreed on average
Dodgers- Good
Padres- 1st in the NL West is bad?
Atlanta- 8th in the league in runs scored. Keep thinking they get no-hit every night
Milwaukee 6th in the league in runs scored...that's better than above average

What do you consider halfway decent line-ups? The Phillies? They sit 15th in runs scored. The Mets? They sit 18th. The Cardinals? They sit 16th.

Numbers don't lie.

DB791
05-31-2010, 09:13 PM

San Fran- Yeah they suck
Nats- agreed on average
Dodgers- Good
Atlanta- 8th in the league in runs scored. Keep thinking they get no-hit every night

What do you consider halfway decent line-ups? The Phillies? They sit 15th in runs scored. The Mets? They sit 18th. The Cardinals? They sit 16th.

Numbers don't lie.

A good record doesn't mean they have a good offense. (Padres)

You can't say how good a offense is strictly based on runs alone. There are too many variables such as pitchers they faced, stadiums, etc. Tell me the Padres have a better lineup than the Phillies.

StanDarsh
05-31-2010, 09:14 PM

Washington - Average.
Dodgers - Above Average.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/stats/byteam?cat=Overall&cut_type=0&sort=722&conference=NL&year=season_2010

Astros are terrible and the Padres are terrible. Atlanta and Washington are in the middle of the pack. The Giants, Dodgers, and Brewers are at the very top of the National League in hitting.

In summation, he has faced an even amount of good, average, and bad teams.

sellihca
i wanna see him go against the yanks, pretty good chance he gets lit up

SpeedDemon9

San Fran- Yeah they suck
Nats- agreed on average
Dodgers- Good

Numbers don't lie.

I guess he will wait until he faces the Twins in mid June to call it a decent line-up? Ubaldo could be 12-1 when he enters that game. He takes the hill and makes every team he faced so far look silly.

bbacn123
05-31-2010, 09:18 PM

You can't say how good a offense is strictly based on runs alone. There are too many variables such as pitchers they faced, stadiums, etc. Tell me the Padres have a better lineup than the Phillies.

No the Padres sit like 20th in runs scored.

The Braves and Brewers are two of the best offenses in the NL though.

That said though the Padres are still tough to beat, and he got 2 wins over them. Impressive enough.

SteezeFactory
05-31-2010, 09:31 PM

Washington - Average.
Dodgers - Above Average.

You forgot the dbacks fool, #6 in the league in runs scored and they've put up 0 against Ulbaldo in his two starts. The Padres/Astros/Giants are the only 'bad' offenses he's faced but the last time I checked SD had the 3rd best record in MLB. Ubaldo is a beast, gtfo.

sups31
05-31-2010, 09:38 PM
SMH @ saying anything bad about Ubaldo. The guy is straight dealing, get the facts straight.

DB791
05-31-2010, 09:42 PM
SMH @ saying anything bad about Ubaldo. The guy is straight dealing, get the facts straight.

I never said he wasn't a complete beast, just not as good as he is being hyped up to be...

SpeedDemon9
05-31-2010, 09:55 PM
Well since the All-Star break from last year until now his stats are:

19-4 record, 167 K's, 2.07 ERA and 1.10 WHIP..pretty damn impressive.

Brando0331
05-31-2010, 09:56 PM

uhhhhh Have you seen the Padres pitching staff?(no homer, Dodger fan).

Im going to wing it and guess that OP lives in the Midwest and is either a Red Sox Or Yankee fan.

DB791
05-31-2010, 10:03 PM
uhhhhh Have you seen the Padres pitching staff?(no homer, Dodger fan).

Im going to wing it and guess that OP lives in the Midwest and is either a Red Sox Or Yankee fan.

They are tied for the best ERA in the NL.
So obviously their record is due to their pitching, and not their offense.
Their offense is not good.

LostOne287
05-31-2010, 10:10 PM

so by that logic the rays are the worst team in the league because they've had perfect games thrown against them in back to back years. makes sense, gotcha

wynner64
05-31-2010, 10:32 PM
So...translation...

Jiminez doesn't play in the AL, let's try and see him post these number if he played in the AL.

NotoriousNate
05-31-2010, 10:47 PM
So...translation...

Jiminez doesn't play in the AL, let's try and see him post these number if he played in the AL.

...which is why they give out one Cy Young award each for AL and NL...

TajTebwee
06-01-2010, 01:11 AM

Washington - Average.
Dodgers - Above Average.

ur such a stupid ****. OTHER THEN HEADLEY AND GONZALEZ WHO DO YOU KNOW? WHY DONT YOU JUST SAY THAT U ASS **** DIP****? **** YOU AND DIE. **** YOU AND DIE.

robogain
06-01-2010, 02:39 AM
ur such a stupid ****. OTHER THEN HEADLEY AND GONZALEZ WHO DO YOU KNOW? WHY DONT YOU JUST SAY THAT U ASS **** DIP****? **** YOU AND DIE. **** YOU AND DIE.

http://telepromptedanthems.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/u-mad1.jpg