PDA

View Full Version : Sea Bass?

Grkby
05-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Just wondering what you guys think about sea bass?

Just had one grilled with about a tablespoon of olive oil. Tasted great. Can't seem to find any nutritional facts on it though.

JeffJeff1224
05-31-2010, 04:22 PM
I looooove sea bass.... especially chilean sea bass (but i can't it it too often bc it's endangered)

I googled it and I think it has approximately 125 cals, 3 grams fat, zero carbs, and 24 grams of protein.... solid choice I would say!

desslok
05-31-2010, 04:36 PM
I looooove sea bass.... especially chilean sea bass (but i can't it it too often bc it's endangered)

I googled it and I think it has approximately 125 cals, 3 grams fat, zero carbs, and 24 grams of protein.... solid choice I would say!

My favorite way to make sea bass :
Crack open an egg or grab some whites, put in small plate. Take some nuts, I prefer pistachios or macadamias, and grind them up til coarse in blender or food processor. dip the bass in egg white, coating it. Then roll it in the crushed nuts, and pan fry (I use coconut oil). You won't be sorry. If you can fit the macros, make a mango chili chutney to serve with it.

CharliC
05-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Sea bass is one of my absolute favourites- it's awesome salt-baked, if you don't mind teh sodiumz ;)

Raw nutritional info (http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/finfish-and-shellfish-products/4117/2)

Cooked nutritional info (any fat used in cooking not included) (http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/finfish-and-shellfish-products/4118/2)

doctapeppa
05-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Sure, the macro's are great but unfortunately the price makes this a treat rather than a staple.

ucsumma
05-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Try tuna steak - it's pricey but worth it!

I love the canned stuff, but a good tuna steak on the grill makes canned tuna taste like cat food.

f=ma
05-31-2010, 05:09 PM

ahh chilean sea bass is AMAZING and quite expensive. i saw it at publix for $28/lb a few days ago.