PDA

View Full Version : who's watching the lacrosse national championship?

laxster
05-31-2010, 02:08 PM
good game so far, I'm pulling for Duke to get the win.

.Brink.
05-31-2010, 02:20 PM
go notre dame!!! I want to see an unranked team win it

laxster
05-31-2010, 02:24 PM
go notre dame!!! I want to see an unranked team win it

Nd offense is putting me to sleep lol, but I wanna see duke and their 5th year seniors finally get 1

M4A1 Widowmaker
05-31-2010, 02:26 PM
Me.

Played 3 years of D1 ball so its great for me to be able to flip on ESPN and be reminded of what real lacrosse was like.

baseball_player
05-31-2010, 02:27 PM
the national lacrosse championship is today?

M4A1 Widowmaker
05-31-2010, 02:28 PM
the national lacrosse championship is today?

started at 3:30

3:40 left in the 2nd right now, tied at 2

laxster
05-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Me.

Played 3 years of D1 ball so its great for me to be able to flip on ESPN and be reminded of what real lacrosse was like.

that's awesome

where'd you play at?

bking10
05-31-2010, 03:14 PM
this game is definitely going to be very boring to the casual fan but im enjoying it

Mac_xX
05-31-2010, 03:23 PM
can't stand watching lax, so boring to me.

G-mane12
05-31-2010, 03:25 PM
Maybe if there wasn't anything on TV today lol. Brb watching Band of Brothers on Spike.

Ochosiete
05-31-2010, 03:25 PM
brb mad around the horn and pti wont be on today!!!!

randomguest
05-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Watched all quarter finals to finals game so far. Great to see some lax on tv.

MtnJax
05-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Duke has missed so many chances it's not funny

DA_MOSS
05-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Fastest OT ever??

randomguest
05-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Damn son lawl

JJ369pt2
05-31-2010, 03:57 PM
BRB beating an unranked opponent in the championship

UVA is still better...

The Prime Nip
05-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Duke: Where National Championships Happen

laxster
05-31-2010, 04:01 PM

UVA is still better...

that's why they lost to duke, right?

UVA doesn't win championships but they're consistently good every year

Anyways, great game but it didn't seem like Duke was playing as good as they could have. Sick OT goal too.

laxster
05-31-2010, 04:12 PM
oh and sucks for quinzani not getting his 200th goal, I would be kinda upset to come 1 goal short of 200

M4A1 Widowmaker
05-31-2010, 04:13 PM

UVA is still better...

Is that why they were watching it from their couch just like you?

Rogers played sick, glad Duke won but it should have never gone to OT.

Whoever asked, I played at Robert Morris.

G-mane12
05-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Is that why they were watching it from their couch just like you?

Rogers played sick, glad Duke won but it should have never gone to OT.

Whoever asked, I played at Robert Morris.

A decently athletic dude could get a D1 lacrosse scholarship if he started playing in HS instead of the other real sports. srs

Shangius
05-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Two of the most yuppie blue blooded non-Ivy League schools playing the preppiest game in the U.S.

Floridatrainer
05-31-2010, 04:51 PM

UVA is still better...

Considering Duke has beat them 9 out of the last 10 times, and twice this season I would say Duke is better lol.

MattLAX0473
05-31-2010, 05:05 PM
A decently athletic dude could get a D1 lacrosse scholarship if he started playing in HS instead of the other real sports. srs

this isn't football where the main talent is based of athletiscm. stick work that those guys in DI have takes years and years to develope. go pick up a stick and try running full speed down the field and ripping a shot 80-90 mph top corner left and right handed and tell me how easy lacrosse is.

chlaxman
05-31-2010, 05:12 PM
that's why they lost to duke, right?

[/b]UVA doesn't win championships but they're consistently good every year[/b]

Anyways, great game but it didn't seem like Duke was playing as good as they could have. Sick OT goal too.

Whaaaaaa?

Floridatrainer
05-31-2010, 05:14 PM

lololololololololololol k buddy.

this isn't football where the main talent is based of athletiscm. stick work that those guys in DI have takes years and years to develope. go pick up a stick and try running full speed down the field and ripping a shot 80-90 mph top corner left and right handed and tell me how easy lacrosse is.

He simply doesnt understand and is just hater. I'd like to see him say that after getting checked to the ground by a 6 foot titanium pole.

G-mane12
05-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Lets all be reality. All the best athletes in this country play football, basketball and baseball. Lacrosse gets the 2nd tier athletes at best. And most of them probably just stick with track or soccer lol.

laxxxer
05-31-2010, 06:01 PM
oh and sucks for quinzani not getting his 200th goal, I would be kinda upset to come 1 goal short of 200

his highschool team (duxbury) was going for their 100th win in a row and they lost on the game that would have made it 100.

HornyWildebeast
05-31-2010, 06:18 PM
Lets all be reality. All the best athletes in this country play football, basketball and baseball. Lacrosse gets the 2nd tier athletes at best. And most of them probably just stick with track or soccer lol.

that would be false

Cannon22
05-31-2010, 07:22 PM

Your an idiot, just because its not as big as other sports doesnt mean its not a real "sport". Its a lot rougher than basketball, baseball or soccer

laxster
05-31-2010, 07:31 PM
g-mane12 is just a troll, disregard him. Unlike lacrosse, FOOTBALL is actually a sport you can pick up your senior year of high school and go pro in just by being athletic. REAL talk.

laxster
05-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Whaaaaaa?

Maybe I worded it wrong. They're consistently good but compared to teams like JHU and Cuse they don't have the national championships to back it up. Duke is a good example of that too.

MattLAX0473
05-31-2010, 08:01 PM
anybody know the name of the duke defenseman a couple years back that had never played football in his entire life, and ended up walking on and making the football team at duke? no football player that has never played lacrosse before could walk onto a DI team

Drakeo
05-31-2010, 08:03 PM
just noticed thread.

that game was great. I didnt expect that longstick middie to actually score.

tmc.
05-31-2010, 08:03 PM

this thread went as expected, lacrosse players are notoriously insecure about their sport because nobody cares about it or really respects it - it's a game played exclusively in (white) upper class communities

Drakeo
05-31-2010, 08:06 PM
this thread went as expected, lacrosse players are notoriously insecure about their sport because nobody cares about it or really respects it - it's a game played exclusively in (white) upper class communities

lolz wut

I'll need to find the article from ESPN/SI that states lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in the country.

ajn
05-31-2010, 08:35 PM
coming from someone who grew up in the national hotbed of lacrosse with tons of "lax" kids.. lacrosse is a sport that mainly caters to preppy white kids.

to be honest, i feel like if a lot of athletes from other sports cared enough to take up lacrosse they would destroy the kids playing now. look at how good Bratton brothers at UVA are doing.. there are a lot of other athletes like that, just that they're playing bball/football/track instead.

Nerrg
05-31-2010, 09:11 PM
lacrosse gets less athletic kids because its not very popular outside of a few specific areas (baltimore, long island, etc). and even though the HS game is spreading very fast, the youth leagues aren't popular in those areas. a kid would have to be very athletic to start playing in HS and be able to play D1.

laxster
05-31-2010, 09:37 PM
coming from someone who grew up in the national hotbed of lacrosse with tons of "lax" kids.. lacrosse is a sport that mainly caters to preppy white kids.

to be honest, i feel like if a lot of athletes from other sports cared enough to take up lacrosse they would destroy the kids playing now. look at how good Bratton brothers at UVA are doing.. there are a lot of other athletes like that, just that they're playing bball/football/track instead.

that may be true right now, but the game is spreading all over the country and is being available to kids who aren't preppy or white, it just needs more time to grow

And the Bratton brothers are good but they didn't exactly take the game to a whole new level like you're implying, not to the least.

inq
05-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Coming from a guy who grew up and played high school lacrosse in Durham during the 2006 Duke lax case, I'm glad to see that Duke won their first national championship. I'm happy not just as a Duke fan but also a fan of the sport. It's nice to see a fitting end to a great program that was almost disbanded just a few years ago. Lax has been growing in popularity around here and Duke's first national championship could only add to the fever.

Oh and I'm neither white nor rich....mind=blown.

G-mane12
06-01-2010, 11:25 AM

(no racist) but this is also true. I went to a upper middle class/ upper class private HS and they had a lacrosse team. Did the lower class public school across town have one? no lol. Most of those kids there have never heard of lacrosse.

In fact, none of the public schools in my area have a lacrosse team. But most of the upper class private schools do lol.

inq
06-01-2010, 02:41 PM
(no racist) but this is also true. I went to a upper middle class/ upper class private HS and they had a lacrosse team. Did the lower class public school across town have one? no lol. Most of those kids there have never heard of lacrosse.

In fact, none of the public schools in my area have a lacrosse team. But most of the upper class private schools do lol.

I understand that lacrosse is viewed as a rich white sport but I don't think it should be. Yes it's popular among the northern states but the sport itself is not really that expensive to play. I was able to get basic pads and lacrosse stick for around $100, and it's even cheaper used. No more expensive than football imo. In Durham, I played for a public school. NCCU, a historic black college (and where the Duke Lax stripper came from) has a lacrosse club team. And I've heard of lacrosse being expanded in the public schools as far out as SoCal.

tmc.
06-01-2010, 02:53 PM
lolz wut

I'll need to find the article from ESPN/SI that states lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in the country.

who cares? there's so many established sports that have no room for growth

is basketball ever going to be the fastest growing sport? of course not, tons of kids already play it

finally, some objectivity

I understand that lacrosse is viewed as a rich white sport but I don't think it should be. Yes it's popular among the northern states but the sport itself is not really that expensive to play. I was able to get basic pads and lacrosse stick for around $100, and it's even cheaper used. No more expensive than football imo. In Durham, I played for a public school. NCCU, a historic black college (and where the Duke Lax stripper came from) has a lacrosse club team. And I've heard of lacrosse being expanded in the public schools as far out as SoCal.

the travel, Duke camps, etc. is what makes it expensive and exclusive

lacrosse today is what soccer was 5 years ago, down to the "fastest growing sport" deal, exposure, access, etc...