PDA

View Full Version : On a scale of 1-10 how scared are Philadelphia fans right now? (poll)

bbacn123
05-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Heading in to Atlanta knowing they'll be leaving without the lead and will never see it again.

How nervous are they knowing their playoff hopes are now tied to the NL Wildcard?

sellihca
05-30-2010, 10:26 PM
nobody cares about your stupid ****ing team, you and that jackets phaggot needs to clogging the sports section with these supid threads. real talk.

EGGSnOATHSbrah
05-30-2010, 10:27 PM
scared of the braves? i don't think the marlins are even scared of the braves hahaha

bbacn123
05-30-2010, 10:27 PM
nobody cares about your stupid ****ing team, you and that jackets phaggot needs to clogging the sports section with these supid threads. real talk.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pcipcC5wN8A/SPJZiqEKHhI/AAAAAAAAB38/8D7iiKd67tc/s400/Oh+Snap.jpg

Antonio519
05-30-2010, 10:30 PM
They are probably more interested in the NHL right now..

JM2412
05-30-2010, 10:31 PM
One.

Aran
05-30-2010, 10:31 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pcipcC5wN8A/SPJZiqEKHhI/AAAAAAAAB38/8D7iiKd67tc/s400/Oh+Snap.jpg

yeah but they have steven strasburg and he's a once in a lifetime ***got...i mean talent.

kyleTX
05-30-2010, 10:35 PM
atlanta still has a baseball team?

EGGSnOATHSbrah
05-30-2010, 10:37 PM
atlanta still has a baseball team?

not sure if they know that. they couldn't even sell out playoff games back when they still made them.

JM2412
05-30-2010, 10:42 PM
not sure if they know that. they couldn't even sell out playoff games back when they still made them.

This.

bbacn123
05-31-2010, 04:05 PM
They are probably forced to be more interested in the NHL right now..

Fixed

Nothing like shifting your attention to another sport because your primary team is full of losers

CobyWan
05-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Fixed

Nothing like shifting your attention to another sport because your primary team is full of losers

Or maybe it's because one of their teams is currently playing for a championship. And the other team is only a third into a 162 game season.

BongoBanger
05-31-2010, 04:15 PM
can i go negative? with a line up of gload dobbs and valdez im not sweating. this is the worst streak they had in 4 + years. only a moron would think this would continue.

full of losers? check out the allstar ballets.

bbacn123
05-31-2010, 04:18 PM
can i go negative? with a line up of gload dobbs and valdez im not sweating. this is the worst streak they had in 4 + years. only a moron would think this would continue.

full of losers? check out the allstar ballets.

Yes Jimmy Rollins the guy who's played all of 12 games this season is leading at the SS position.

You know what that tells me? A lot of phaggots jumped on the Phillies bandwagon at the start of the season thinking they'd be good and they're voting in players who don't deserve to be there.

lol at you using the AS voting as a valid argument. Last I remember you were supposed to have an AS line-up and the Braves' line-up was supposed to be terrible. Just an update, we've now scored more runs on the season than you. So if our line-up is bad.....what should we call your line-up?

lol at our weakness outperforming your strong point.

You'll never see 1st again

/discussion

bbacn123
05-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Speaking of the AS game though:

Utley (current leader): .277 avg, 24 RBIs, 35 runs
Prado (the should-be leader): .325 avg, 26 RBIs, 38 runs and better defense

Come at me bro. AS voting is a joke

MikeyScarfino
05-31-2010, 04:27 PM
I got news for ya I don't like the Braves but I sure as **** hate the ****in Phillies and anything to do with em' so **** em go braves

BongoBanger
05-31-2010, 04:31 PM
http://strotty.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/nate1.jpg

did i say you had a bad lineup? seem a little jumpy.

just using allstar as a way to say how much losers we are, maybe this pic would sum it up better

http://blog.lehighvalleylive.com/sports_impact/2009/01/large_phillies-world-series-trophy.JPG

any one you ask would take the phils lineup any day of the week, the allstar ballot says so. slumps happen, remember when the phills put up 90 billion runs in the beginning of the season. that is a closer assestment of what were capable of, judge it by the past years.

you are 14 runs above us, which makes sense as the phills scored maybe 5 runs the past 6 games.

howard will hit 40+ hrs, utley and werth will be above 30. enjoy first, it wont stay like that for long. victorino is not a 260 hitter and utly is not a 275 hitter.

the braves at their best finally past the phills at their worst.. seems a little weird to be boasting about that.

bbacn123
05-31-2010, 04:36 PM
the braves at their best finally past the phills at their worst.. seems a little weird to be boasting about that.

Braves at their best? The Braves spent the entire month of April with 95% of the team hitting around .200

The Phillies have had a bad week. The Braves have been at their best for like a week. So a week of us at our best coupled with a month of us at our worst lands us in first place? I'd hate to see how far we'd be ahead if we played good for a month and played bad for a week like the Phillies have.

bbacn123
05-31-2010, 04:39 PM
victorino is not a 260 hitter and utly is not a 275 hitter.

Escobar is not a .200 hitter
Chipper is not a .240 hitter
McCann is not a .250 hitter
McLouth is not a .180 hitter

You have two players under-performing. Braves have 4 and sit in first. It's funny you're complaining about .275 and .260 though. You've clearly not taken the time to see how bad Atlanta has been hitting.

BongoBanger
05-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Braves at their best? The Braves spent the entire month of April with 95% of the team hitting around .200

The Phillies have had a bad week. The Braves have been at their best for like a week. So a week of us at our best coupled with a month of us at our worst lands us in first place? I'd hate to see how far we'd be ahead if we played good for a month and played bad for a week like the Phillies have.

may 15th -
phillies 22 13
braves 17 19

may 21st -
phillies 26 15
braves 22 20

phills slump and braves get hot here.

a month or so of of low level performance isnt subpar performance, its normal performance, youll be back down to the bottom of the nl east in no time.

jacketfan
05-31-2010, 04:46 PM
may 15th -
phillies 22 13
braves 17 19

may 21st -
phillies 26 15
braves 22 20

phills slump and braves get hot here.

a month or so of of low level performance isnt subpar performance, its normal performance, youll be back down to the bottom of the nl east in no time.

braves are getting jair back. and all their hitters are coming around after starting the year hitting like .100. no reason to believe the braves slow down.

BongoBanger
05-31-2010, 04:47 PM
Escobar is not a .200 hitter
Chipper is not a .240 hitter
McCann is not a .250 hitter
McLouth is not a .180 hitter

You have two players under-performing. Braves have 4 and sit in first. It's funny you're complaining about .275 and .260 though. You've clearly not taken the time to see how bad Atlanta has been hitting.

mclouth wont pick up, you can tell by his spring, mccann is a 250 hitter, 270 at max, he is a catcher, it is extremely hard for them to put together srings of good seasons, chipper is old as dirt and will barely move.

i didnt mention ibanez, who is past his prime, much like chipper for just that reason.

BongoBanger
05-31-2010, 04:47 PM
braves are getting jair back. and all their hitters are coming around after starting the year hitting like .100. no reason to believe the braves slow down.

how was jair before the dl stint?

we just go lidge back, hes going to go on lockdown now.

bbacn123
05-31-2010, 04:58 PM
mclouth wont pick up, you can tell by his spring, mccann is a 250 hitter, 270 at max, he is a catcher, it is extremely hard for them to put together srings of good seasons, chipper is old as dirt and will barely move.

i didnt mention ibanez, who is past his prime, much like chipper for just that reason.

.270 max for McCann? Newsflash buddy, McCann has never had a season below .270. That's his minimum.

In fact, he's career average is the same as Victorino's. So in other words if McCann is a .250 hitter so is Victorino and Victorino is gonna cool off with that .260 average and get worse soon.

And while McLouth may be bad, he's not .180 bad. Get real. Even if he hit an ugly .220 that's raising his average 40 damn points. I know .220 may not sound like much but when you put it into context with where he is now it's a pretty big difference.

And by the way Chase Utley hit .282 last year and is hitting .277 this year? You're really reaching when you complain about his numbers this year. I admit he's probably like a .290 hitter.

Still, McCann's hitting 30 points lower than he should be, Yunel is hitting damn near 80 points lower than he should be, McLouth can at least put up .220, which is 40 points lower than it should be. Chipper can still hit .270, which is 30 points lower than it should be.

You can argue Utley should hit 10 points higher and Victorino 20 points higher. After that you really have no argument.

MikeyScarfino
05-31-2010, 05:01 PM

They won't win dick in October if Jair can't get it together my opinion

kalmamd
05-31-2010, 05:46 PM
youll be back down to the bottom of the nl east in no time.

Do u really believe that? Any objective person can see the braves and the phills are the 2 best teams in the east. Each will probably battle for the division and leave the other 3 teams behind.

Uncontested
05-31-2010, 05:58 PM
They sh!tting their pants that their gonna get swept by the Blackhawks.

Beasly3333
05-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I would hope they are more worried about the NHL finals than the MLB which has over 100 games left. I'd say 1 or 2.

melanimal_old
05-31-2010, 06:48 PM
http://**********/gallery/d/129150-1/Tom_Cruise_crazy_laugh.gif

BongoBanger
06-01-2010, 01:51 PM
.270 max for McCann? Newsflash buddy, McCann has never had a season below .270. That's his minimum.

In fact, he's career average is the same as Victorino's. So in other words if McCann is a .250 hitter so is Victorino and Victorino is gonna cool off with that .260 average and get worse soon.

[QUOTE=bbacn123;498078961]

mccan declined last year and will stay where he is this year, he is injured nursing a "strained quad" he wont get much better, victorino is under no where near as much stress playing center field, catchers typically have shorter time in majors, hence what is happening with mccann.

[QUOTE=bbacn123;498078961]
And while McLouth may be bad, he's not .180 bad. Get real. Even if he hit an ugly .220 that's raising his average 40 damn points. I know .220 may not sound like much but when you put it into context with where he is now it's a pretty big difference.

mclouth hit 118 in spring training and has not hit over 260 in the past 3 years, i would say he is suffering andruw jonesitus but that would be a disgrace to andrew jones, feel lucky he is hitting 180, he wont hit to much more

And by the way Chase Utley hit .282 last year and is hitting .277 this year? You're really reaching when you complain about his numbers this year. I admit he's probably like a .290 hitter.

chase was playing through injuries all last year, he went through surgery in the offseason, to say that he isnt better than last year is insane and only some blind braves fan would think that.

youre all in all just jizzing your pants that the braves somehow got to first place, they wont be there long, they might win the series, but theres no way the braves are a team as good as you say they are, the phils are 4-9 and the braves are 9-4 in each of their past 13 games, no way that continues and the phils wil regain their 5 game lead soon enough and sit their pretty for the next 4 or so years.

sorry to tell you.

brb watching the flyers do poorly in the stanley cup.

rumpsicle
06-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Down 2-0, but are going home for 2 games. I'd say maybe 5-6

BongoBanger
06-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Down 2-0, but are going home for 2 games. I'd say maybe 5-6

each game was close so it gives me hope, the blackhaws are no bruins though.

bbacn123
06-01-2010, 01:59 PM
mccan declined last year and will stay where he is this year, he is injured nursing a "strained quad" he wont get much better, victorino is under no where near as much stress playing center field, catchers typically have shorter time in majors, hence what is happening with mccann.

mclouth hit 118 in spring training and has not hit over 260 in the past 3 years, i would say he is suffering andruw jonesitus but that would be a disgrace to andrew jones, feel lucky he is hitting 180, he wont hit to much more

chase was playing through injuries all last year, he went through surgery in the offseason, to say that he isnt better than last year is insane and only some blind braves fan would think that.

youre all in all just jizzing your pants that the braves somehow got to first place, they wont be there long, they might win the series, but theres no way the braves are a team as good as you say they are, the phils are 4-9 and the braves are 9-4 in each of their past 13 games, no way that continues and the phils wil regain their 5 game lead soon enough and sit their pretty for the next 4 or so years.

sorry to tell you.

brb watching the flyers do poorly in the stanley cup.

So in other words....

http://i44.tinypic.com/kcfkhx.jpg

BongoBanger
06-01-2010, 02:03 PM
hollar at me

http://harryandwhitey.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/rollin.jpg

bbacn123
06-01-2010, 02:06 PM
by the way I f*cking lol'd at Brian McCann declining at age 26 because he's already worn down from being a catcher

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/ultimatespidey1/Jackface.gif

Uncontested
06-01-2010, 02:17 PM
by the way I f*cking lol'd at Brian McCann declining at age 26 because he's already worn down from being a catcher

I dont know brah i got him on my fantasy team and dude gets more time off than any fucckin catcher I've ever seen this year ffs.

bbacn123
06-01-2010, 02:22 PM
I dont know brah i got him on my fantasy team and dude gets more time off than any fucckin catcher I've ever seen this year ffs.

Bobby Cox being an idiot =/= McCann on the decline.

Bobby Cox will sit the entire line-up for the 3rd game of a series if we won the first two games because by his dumbass logic we've already won the series and that's all that matters.