PDA

View Full Version : Time Lincecum exposed as sh*tty

bbacn123
05-26-2010, 08:45 PM
6 runs to the Nats...ouch

Tim Hudson for Cy Young. Jump on the bandwagon before it's full.

Ubaldo will fade. You heard it here first

StanDarsh
05-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Remember back in 2003 when Tim Hudson used to be good? Those were the days.

FLAY
05-26-2010, 09:02 PM

He does not have the same strikeout potential but Tim Hudson is still a very effective pitcher.

bbacn123
05-26-2010, 09:04 PM

That doesn't make any sense he played in the American league then and we all know AL > NL

cor030
05-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Nats against Wellemeyer = 2 runs

Nats against Lincecum = 6 runs

is this real life

tmac34
05-26-2010, 10:50 PM

more like 2006 or 2007 was the last time he was sick

3000RT
05-27-2010, 01:03 AM
Tim Hudson, Rich Harden

good times

Big_Spaz
05-27-2010, 01:40 AM
NL Cy Young Sleepers:

Adam Wainright or Roy Halladay

I honestly think one of those two guys will swoop in at the end and take it.

-Spaz

StanDarsh
05-27-2010, 01:54 AM
NL Cy Young Sleepers:

-Spaz

How about no?

http://www.chrisoleary.com/projects/baseball/pitching/Images/Examples/Example_HipsRotatingBeforeShoulders_UbaldoJimenez_ 2007_015.jpg

robogain
05-27-2010, 02:36 AM
too bad you have no ammo considering jurjens has like a 10 ERA right now ... u mad?

whatsupfresh19
05-27-2010, 03:02 AM
NL Cy Young Sleepers:

-Spaz

If those guys are sleepers then who are the favorites? Everyone knew Wainright and Doc were gonna be nasty before the season started. Fkin Lincecum is killin my fantasy team right now with these back to back bad starts.

ogeorgeko
05-27-2010, 03:16 AM
NL Cy Young Sleepers:

-Spaz
I don't get it, how are two All-Star studs sleepers?

Maverick417
05-27-2010, 05:32 AM
^^^^^agree with the last two

doc and wainwright are sleepers?!?

mind=blown

and Huddy has has a great season to date, Cy young=no but NL comeback player of the year=easily

NDame616
05-27-2010, 05:46 AM
If you want to have a good career, hide in the NL East...where mediocre pitchers shine.

Max~Power
05-27-2010, 07:01 AM
Let be reality, it was his first loss of the year.

fail thread is fail

mm55
05-27-2010, 07:04 AM
inb4 Tim Hudson heads to the DL.

bbacn123
05-27-2010, 07:34 AM
If you want to have a good career, hide in the NL East...where mediocre pitchers shine.

Division: AL East
Opponent: NL East

NDame616
05-27-2010, 07:36 AM
Division: AL East
Opponent: NL East

Time: Last weekend
Situation: 4th place team in AL East plays at first place team in NL East
Result: AL East team wins series

AL East > NL East

Mac_xX
05-27-2010, 07:40 AM

fail thread is fail

lol this

bbacn123
05-27-2010, 07:57 AM
Situation: 4th place team in AL East plays at first place team in NL East
Result: AL East team wins series

AL East > NL East

Situation: Last place team in the NL East plays 2nd place team in the AL East and former WS Champ.
Result: NL East team wins series

Situation: 4th place team in the NL East with payroll of 61 mil plays at last place team in AL East with payroll of 81 mil
Result: NL East team wins series

I'd wait for another comeback from you but sadly you can only do one of these little scenario things.

NDame616
05-27-2010, 07:59 AM
I'd wait for another comeback from you but sadly you can only do one of these little scenario things.

Division with the best 3 teams in baseball: AL East

/thread

bbacn123
05-27-2010, 07:59 AM
NL Cy Young Sleepers:

-Spaz

Phillies fans......they just want to make you facepalm every time.

bbacn123
05-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Division with the best 3 teams in baseball: AL East

/thread

That's because they play against the 2 weakest divisions in baseball. I've already explained this.

The NL East has to compete with an equally good NL West. Everyone ends up with the same losses in the division. The difference comes from the fact that in the NL, the West and East beat up on each other equally as much. In the AL both your divisions outside the East are garbage so the East cakewalks to better records every year.

It's really quite simple to understand once you think about it.

Just look at your teams records from the Central and West. It's absurdly skewed. Not because you're good, but because they suck. If you were really good you would have handled the NL East as well, but you didn't

case closed, mystery solved. The AL East is overrated because the Central and West make them look good.

NDame616
05-27-2010, 08:11 AM
case closed, mystery solved. The AL East is overrated because the Central and West make them look good.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7864/redickwhyumad.jpg

anonymous123
05-27-2010, 08:13 AM
brb NL East being the only division without a team with a losing record in it.

IraHays
05-27-2010, 08:14 AM
brb NL East being the only division without a team with a losing record in it.

hmmmm...that is kind of impressive.

bbacn123
05-27-2010, 08:16 AM
None of this really matters because the Blue Jays are the best team in baseball anyway. I'll give the AL East credit for that

mm55
05-27-2010, 08:25 AM
brb nl east being the only division without a team with a losing record in it.

qft!!!

anonymous123
05-27-2010, 08:28 AM
hmmmm...that is kind of impressive.

Yup had to do a double-take last night

NDame616
05-27-2010, 08:28 AM
oh, and fail thread title is fail

Animal_Strength
05-27-2010, 08:57 AM
so let me read this correctly

the AL East: which has two of the best pitching staffs in baseball, and a possible 3rd whos recovering from a slow start, is only good because the AL central and AL west make them look good. Yet the cardinals made it to the playoffs in 06 (yeah when they won their world series winning all of 87 games).

i love how OP ignores the NL central

the NL East: Is better than the AL East because the mets beat the yankees who (no excuses) are struggling offensively after losing nick johnson, curtis granderson and jorge posada.

i dont know where the logic is here... but wait the mets are better than the phils too because of this recent series amirite?

oo and btw tim lincecum = 6-1 3.00 ERA. i like tim hudson but lets be reality and good run he has will be overrun with average at the end of the season.

bbacn123
05-27-2010, 09:10 AM
so let me read this correctly

the AL East: which has two of the best pitching staffs in baseball, and a possible 3rd whos recovering from a slow start, is only good because the AL central and AL west make them look good. Yet the cardinals made it to the playoffs in 06 (yeah when they won their world series winning all of 87 games).

i love how OP ignores the NL central

the NL East: Is better than the AL East because the mets beat the yankees who (no excuses) are struggling offensively after losing nick johnson, curtis granderson and jorge posada.

i dont know where the logic is here... but wait the mets are better than the phils too because of this recent series amirite?

oo and btw tim lincecum = 6-1 3.00 ERA. i like tim hudson but lets be reality and good run he has will be overrun with average at the end of the season.

The NL Central has to deal with the NL East and the NL West, making them look worse than they are. In actuality though the Central is better than both the AL West and AL Central.

It goes like this

NL East
AL East
NL West
NL Central
AL West
AL Central

That's just being reality

anonymous123
05-27-2010, 09:11 AM
The NL Central has to deal with the NL East and the NL West, making them look worse than they are. In actuality though the Central is better than both the AL West and AL Central.

It goes like this

NL East
AL East
NL West
NL Central
AL West
AL Central

I pretty much agree with that list

NDame616
05-27-2010, 10:32 AM

It goes like this

NL East
AL East
NL West
NL Central
AL West
AL Central

Or, maybe there's a possibility that the AL West and Central have worse records BECAUSE the AL East is so strong and they play those teams too?

mind = blown

How many teams in the AL Central and West have winning records vs the AL East? ONE (Tigers)

AL Central/West vs the AL East combined for 52-87

ITT: angry NL East fanboy refuses to admit the AL East has 3 of the best teams in baseball

Animal_Strength
05-27-2010, 11:48 AM

It goes like this

NL East
AL East
NL West
NL Central
AL West
AL Central

you seriously put the NL West on that list at number 3? how is is the NL Central any better than the AL central? how is the NL west better than the AL West?

robogain
05-27-2010, 11:49 AM
you seriously put the NL West on that list at number 3? how is is the NL Central any better than the AL central? how is the NL west better than the AL West?

lmao NL west >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Al west

bbacn123
05-27-2010, 12:23 PM

Not sure if serious, Cubs, Cardinals, Reds, and Brewers are all good every year sometimes the Astros too (but not this year). AL Central has been a 1 team league (Twins) for about a decade now

AL West is laughable in comparison to the NL West

Max~Power
05-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Not sure if serious, Cubs, Cardinals, Reds, and Brewers are all good every year sometimes the Astros too (but not this year). AL Central has been a 1 team league (Twins) for about a decade now

whoa whoa whoa, calm down bro

TexasHeat
05-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Like I said

Strasburg > Licecum

bbacn123
05-27-2010, 12:40 PM
whoa whoa whoa, calm down bro

Just be happy the Blue Jays aren't in your division to sh*t all over you every season

GetBigyo
05-27-2010, 12:44 PM

Reds are good every year?

bbacn123
05-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Reds are good every year?

Uh yes. They get beat up by the superior East and West every year and still finish close to .500 every season. I'd say that's worthy of good when you play so many superior teams.

.500 in the AL isnt anything special because there's a total of 3 good teams every year.

Animal_Strength
05-27-2010, 01:38 PM

so the chicago white sox ws appearance and detroit tigers making the playoffs means nothing?

the cubs did not make the playoffs last year. the brewers only made it to the playoffs because of CC that one year. out of the teams you listed only the cardinals are a consistent playoff team.

Uh yes. They get beat up by the superior East and West every year and still finish close to .500 every season. I'd say that's worthy of good when you play so many superior teams.

.500 in the AL isnt anything special because there's a total of 3 good teams every year.

LOL. so thats why the AL has shat on the NL in interleague play for the longest. And the Central teams face primarily central teams so idk what your talking about. you really make 0 sense.

.500 team isnt a good team, just fyi

bbacn123
05-27-2010, 01:52 PM
LOL. so thats why the AL has shat on the NL in interleague play for the longest. And the Central teams face primarily central teams so idk what your talking about. you really make 0 sense.

.500 team isnt a good team, just fyi

.500 is good in the NL because of the high number of quality teams. I'ts not so good for the AL because they're lacking. Outside of the Yankees, Red Sox, and Twins who else is there? The Rays are good now but the Red Sox now suck so it's like they flipped positions which leaves the AL with only 3 teams still.

NL has: Phillies, Cardinals, Giants, Dodgers, Braves, Marlins, Cubs. We have more than twice as many quality teams. The Cubs may suck this year but the Reds are strong as hell with their young talent finally showing through. Not to mention the Padres and D'Backs seem to sporadically have breakout seasons every now and then.

Sorry but the NL > AL

Interleague is a poor determining factor by the way. You can't expect NL teams to spend money on guys who can solely hit. Let's face it, all pitchers suck at hitting, so the AL has no real big challenge to live up to when they play by our rules. NL teams on the other hand are forced to play utility men as our 9th hitter because we're not built to be throwing out a guy whose only job is to hit and who sucks in the field (Vlad, Ortiz, Frank Thomas back in the day, etc etc etc).

If you look at the numbers in NL parks it's fairly split with NL teams winning about 55% of the games (chalk that up to home field advantage you could say, but it's a reasonable indication that the rules are fair)

Now if you look at the numbers in AL Parks, NL teams only win about 35% of the time. That's a huge f*cking difference. that tells you something is wrong. It should never be that skewed, even with homefield advantage and even if the league was in fact better (it's not), it still should not be that dramatic though. It's pretty clear NL teams just are not prepared to play by those rules

case closed. AL homers suck my dick

NDame616
05-27-2010, 02:00 PM

So because they get beat up by the superior east and west teams, which is 2/3rds of the league, that is why they are bad every year? Maybe, just maybe, they are bad every years and get beat up by 10 superior teams in the NL because they are a below average team....?

And the AL has 3 total good teams every year? Which 3 teams, because here is who has represented the AL in the WS this decade:

Yankees: 4 times
Rays: 1 time
Red Sox: Twice
Tigers: Once
White Sox: Once
Angels: Once

Since 2002, 6 teams have represented the AL in 8 years.

But it's always the same damn teams!

bbacn123
05-27-2010, 02:13 PM
So because they get beat up by the superior east and west teams, which is 2/3rds of the league, that is why they are bad every year? Maybe, just maybe, they are bad every years and get beat up by 10 superior teams in the NL because they are a below average team....?

And the AL has 3 total good teams every year? Which 3 teams, because here is who has represented the AL in the WS this decade:

Yankees: 4 times
Rays: 1 time
Red Sox: Twice
Tigers: Once
White Sox: Once
Angels: Once

Since 2002, 6 teams have represented the AL in 8 years.

But it's always the same damn teams!

WTF 1-year wonders don't count as good teams. I already listed who the good teams were from each league in the post right above this post of yours.

But seriously 1-year wonders dont count. This is why I dont have the Mets or Rockies listed as good on the above list.

NDame616
05-27-2010, 02:18 PM
WTF 1-year wonders don't count as good teams. I already listed who the good teams were from each league in the post right above this post of yours.

But seriously 1-year wonders dont count. This is why I dont have the Mets or Rockies listed as good on the above list.

And yet, you list the Cubs, Brewers and Reds as good teams.

mind = blown

bbacn123
05-27-2010, 02:20 PM
And yet, you list the Cubs, Brewers and Reds as good teams.

mind = blown

Ok the Brewers may have been stretching it but the Cubs and Reds are good every year usually. Obviously some teams are off every now and then. But on average the Reds and Cubs are quality

bbacn123
05-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Look you're just a hater NDame I know this already it's cool.

NDame616
05-27-2010, 02:23 PM
.500 is good in the NL because of the high number of quality teams. I'ts not so good for the AL because they're lacking. Outside of the Yankees, Red Sox, and Twins who else is there? The Rays are good now but the Red Sox now suck so it's like they flipped positions which leaves the AL with only 3 teams still.

Do you follow baseball? Like.....seriously, do you?

I know you're the biggest homer on here, but saying "the Red Sox now suck" is just showing how retarded you are, especially considering we just went 5-1 against the best team in the AL and NL, we are a game ahead of a team you labeled a good team (the Twins) and are the hottest team in baseball the last month.

But, um...the Red Sox suck.

Also, I'd say the Angels always contend.

bbacn123
05-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Also, I'd say the Angels always contend.

The Angels are just a product of a weak division, hence getting swept by the Red Sox every season

And the Sox are just bad this year, like I said some teams have down years every now and then. Sox will be good next year and the Rays will probably be bad again. AL rarely has more than 3 good teams a given year though

MikeyScarfino
05-27-2010, 02:29 PM
The Sox will struggle this year, they will not make the playoffs and will finish at best 3rd in their own division i got news for ya

this NDAme dude is a ****in idiot holy ****

NDame616
05-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Ok the Brewers may have been stretching it but the Cubs and Reds are good every year usually. Obviously some teams are off every now and then. But on average the Reds and Cubs are quality

So you were reaching with the one team that has made the playoffs in recent memory, but you weren't reaching with a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years?

Reds have finished 4th, 5th, 5th, 3rd, 5th, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 5th the past 9 years. That's 5 out of 9 years, they've finished in last place in their division.

Can you please mold an argument that the Orioles are always a good team?

bbacn123
05-27-2010, 02:36 PM
So you were reaching with the one team that has made the playoffs in recent memory, but you weren't reaching with a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years?

Reds have finished 4th, 5th, 5th, 3rd, 5th, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 5th the past 9 years. That's 5 out of 9 years, they've finished in last place in their division.

Can you please mold an argument that the Orioles are always a good team?

Ive already explained why the Reds are good. They have to contend with the NL West and East every single season. They have a ton of quality teams to face while teams like the Orioles only face 3 each year. That's the difference. Being .500 against good quality teams > being .500 against the mediocre teams of the AL.

Look you just don't understand. It can't be explained any clearer

NDame616
05-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Gotcha.

The Reds, Cubs and Brewers are always good teams.

Glad we cleared that up.

TexasHeat
05-27-2010, 03:22 PM
The Angels are just a product of a weak division, hence getting swept by the Red Sox every season

lol at this coming from a Braves fan

George Costanza
05-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Time Lincecum...am I unaware or has no one caught on to that yet?

YouATunaHead
05-27-2010, 03:27 PM
They said on the Giants Pregame show last night that Lincy has some blister problem right now.
Just being real...

GoBraves2010
08-07-2010, 09:26 PM

more like 2006 or 2007 was the last time he was sick

and Huddy has has a great season to date, Cy young=no but NL comeback player of the year=easily

fail thread is fail

Fuking pwned!

Scoundrel
08-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Tim Hudson, rich harden,

good times

better times

http://www.posters.ws/images/312134/oakland_athletics.jpg