PDA

View Full Version : What do people think of Andrew McCutchen?

thegenerel
05-24-2010, 12:49 PM
he is far and away the best player on the bucs, and since the team is such garbage, i think it hurts his reputation.

is he overlooked bc the team sucks? how does he rank amongst players at his position? if he played on a top tier team, how much more would people talk about him?

im curious as to what the rest of the fan bases think.

QZRH4YZOSpQ

BigNastyIsBack
05-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Hes a talented player. A 5 tool type of player. Has the potential to be a 30-30 guy if he fills out more. Playing on pitt hurts his value though.

Big7Ben86
05-24-2010, 12:59 PM
fan favorite in pittsburgh, everyone loves him, def our best player

...until he gets traded

thegenerel
05-24-2010, 01:14 PM
fan favorite in pittsburgh, everyone loves him, def our best player

...until he gets traded

yea, but the pirates have several more years of control, and i think they could very well sign him to a long term deal.

mccutchen/alvarez remind me a lot of the crosby/malkin dynamic. one is the face of the franchise and could stay for a long time...the other...who knows.

Chill Will 33
05-24-2010, 01:15 PM
he will be the rock on which they build their church, wait wut?

jacketfan
05-24-2010, 01:19 PM
he is absurdly fast. if pitts lineup wasnt so pathetic, what spot in the order do you think he is best suited for? leadoff?

btw, nate mclouth sucks dick. pirates ripped the braves off in that trade lol

DB791
05-24-2010, 01:24 PM
he is absurdly fast. if pitts lineup wasnt so pathetic, what spot in the order do you think he is best suited for? leadoff?

What was the trade?

jacketfan
05-24-2010, 01:27 PM
What was the trade?

charlie "ace" morton and gorkys hernadez and some other prospect i cant remembr for nate mclouth

thegenerel
05-24-2010, 01:28 PM

the pirates have been screwing around with lineups all season. they started off batting the pitcher 8th...McCutchen has batted 1-3, always moving around.

he has to tools of a leadoff guy, but when you hit .330+, then its tough not to put him at 3, with really no one else hitting.

the mcclouth trade...ugh, charlie morton is struggling but talented. gorkys hernandez..who knows.

although the farm system is finally coming through.

Neil Walker, the 04 1st rd pick has learned to hit, and should replace Iwamura soon

Jose Tabata, acquired from NYY in the Nady trade two years ago is one of the top avgs in AAA and is leading his league in steals.

Pedro Alvarez is Pedro Alvarez

Brad Lincoln, the 06 1st rd pick (4th OVR) should be up in 1-2 weeks. but he will be AT BEST a no.2, likely a 3rd starter, which is lame for that draft position.

thegenerel
05-24-2010, 01:30 PM
charlie "ace" morton and gorkys hernadez and some other prospect i cant remembr for nate mclouth

Jeff Locke

melanimal_old
05-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Hes a star. /thread

bbacn123
05-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Twins!!!

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0609/fantasy_i_mccutchen2_576.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Pittsburgh+Pirates+v+Los+Angeles+Dodgers+UGnDjvyRR ZPl.jpg

thegenerel
05-24-2010, 08:26 PM
yea, but Cutch is boney, and Lastings looks like he has some chubby cheeks.