PDA

View Full Version : dwight howard kinda sucks and is overrated

sellihca
05-22-2010, 06:31 PM
too one dimensional, all he can do is overpower people and dunk.

JRRBadBoy4Life
05-22-2010, 06:33 PM
too one dimensional, all he can do is overpower people and dunk.

Sounds like Shaq in his prime. On defense he was a force in the middle, but on offense he could only dunk. And he was a horrible FT shooter.

TexasHeat
05-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Sounds like Shaq in his prime. On defense he was a force in the middle, but on offense he could only dunk. And he was a horrible FT shooter.

howboutno.jpg

Shaq actually had post moves

Docta
05-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Well Vince Carter is supposed to be their main scorer, but he isn't delivering.

ZidaneValor
05-22-2010, 06:36 PM
There seem to be a lot of games in which Howard doesn't even get the ball in the last 4-6 minutes.

PotKettleBlack
05-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Well Vince Carter is supposed to be their main scorer, but he isn't delivering.
Well, this, but still...

Put Howard up against a big and reasonably quick Center, and he's done.

GPx
05-22-2010, 06:38 PM
He always looks this way against good defensive teams. He is not offensively skilled, it's not a secret.

Docta
05-22-2010, 06:39 PM
There seem to be a lot of games in which Howard doesn't even get the ball in the last 4-6 minutes.
Cause he isn't one of the best scorers on the Magic...Lewis and Carter, and maybe even Nelson, are better scorers.

Docta
05-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Well, this, but still...

Put Howard up against a big and reasonably quick Center, and he's done.
Howard is a star for what he does on defense. The Magic have so many scorers, that Howard will get that occasional wide open dunk. The Magic wouldn't be here if they didn't have a defensive stopper.

calibrah2010
Cause he isn't one of the best scorers on the Magic...Lewis and Carter, and maybe even Nelson, are better scorers.

thats funny since he averages more points then them in the playoffs and the regular season

PatrickBateman1

LMFAO

Shaq averaged between 25 and 30ppg in each of his first 10 seasons and he was a total force; he dominated games. Dwight is soft and only uses his athleticism to his advantage part of the time. Dwight's highest ppg total in 6 years is 20.7 and it was even lower than that this year.

Dwight's physical abilities should have him dominating but that sure as hell isn't happening.

PotKettleBlack
05-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Howard is a star for what he does on defense. The Magic have so many scorers, that Howard will get that occasional wide open dunk. The Magic wouldn't be here if they didn't have a defensive stopper.
Oh, I'm not saying I disagree with you, don't get me wrong, it's just no secret that Howard isn't an offensive powerhouse, since all you have to do is what I said, and he's not that much of a threat. Just sayin' that's all.

PatrickBateman1
05-22-2010, 06:45 PM

While those three are good scorers, they aren't anything too special. If Dwight were that good you wouldn't need to be 'wide-open' to be a scoring option (like someone above said). Shaq had plenty of good scorers on his team but since he was so damn good he was a great offensive option.

Docta
05-22-2010, 07:08 PM
thats funny since he averages more points then them in the playoffs and the regular season
Dwight hasn't faced a real big man till this series, so why not pass the ball inside to him for the easy points.

And, he averaged more in the regular season cause he was consistent.

Nelson was injured for a while, and Carter came in at the middle of the season.

IllPhill
05-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Carter came in at the middle of the season.

wat....

Docta
05-22-2010, 07:24 PM
wat....
My bad. Forgot about the draft trade.

Beasly3333
05-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Joakim Noah with more athleticism.

calibrah2010
05-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Dwight hasn't faced a real big man till this series, so why not pass the ball inside to him for the easy points.

And, he averaged more in the regular season cause he was consistent.

Nelson was injured for a while, and Carter came in at the middle of the season.

wait what carter was there at the start and nelson did not miss any games. and howard lead the team in scoring for the pass three years fail

Docta
05-22-2010, 07:36 PM
wait what carter was there at the start and nelson did not miss any games. and howard lead the team in scoring for the pass three years fail
Nelson did miss games. He was injured for a while. And I corrected myself on Carter 2 posts up.

The Magic didn't have Carter for the other 2 years, and Lewis and Nelson were their only other options. Nelson is the point, so he shouldn't be focused on just scoring, and Lewis has never really been a #1 scoring option.

FhsDeTxFball
05-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Joakim Noah with more athleticism.

jus no. noah is a very good ball handler and one of the best passing big men in the league. noah is a much more talented offensive player

Ilovehotmoms
05-22-2010, 08:57 PM
LMFAO

Shaq averaged between 25 and 30ppg in each of his first 10 seasons and he was a total force; he dominated games. Dwight is soft and only uses his athleticism to his advantage part of the time. Dwight's highest ppg total in 6 years is 20.7 and it was even lower than that this year.

Dwight's physical abilities should have him dominating but that sure as hell isn't happening.

this

PatrickBateman1
05-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Outscored by JJ Redick and Mickael Pietrus... weak (and he played 39 minutes).

Briiiiliantmate
05-22-2010, 09:18 PM
He's not overrated. I have not heard that he is a great player. Everyone says he's one dimensional. He's rated about right.