PDA

View Full Version : Favre has ankle surgery

markusjj85
05-21-2010, 06:02 PM
As reported by Chris Mortensen, Favre had ankle surgery earlier today performed by Dr. James Andrews. He can return in time for training camp or shortly after.

Obvious he is now coming back?

cor030
05-21-2010, 06:03 PM
was there ever any doubt he wouldn't be coming back?

markusjj85
05-21-2010, 06:06 PM
was there ever any doubt he wouldn't be coming back?
Myself and like many other Viking fans knew he was coming back. The Vikings didn't pursue a QB in free agency or the draft so they were content with the guys on the roster currently, including Favre. As for the future, he is obviously not the answer but T-Jack could possibly be the answer as the starting QB.

Srs, the Vikings will sign or trade for McNabb after this season when Favre finally does hang it up.

cor030
05-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Still surprises the hell out of me that they passed on Clausen. Even if Favre does come back and they didn't want to make it look like they were replacing him, that's a damn near perfect situation for a rookie to come in to. Sit and learn behind a HOF QB, and take over when(if? :P) he retires. Seems to have worked out well for Aaron Rodgers.

markusjj85
05-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Still surprises the hell out of me that they passed on Clausen. Even if Favre does come back and they didn't want to make it look like they were replacing him, that's a damn near perfect situation for a rookie to come in to. Sit and learn behind a HOF QB, and take over when(if? :P) he retires. Seems to have worked out well for Aaron Rodgers.
True but the Vikings had bigger priorities in CB and a compliment to AD. I honestly think Childress likes what he sees in T-Jack and they will make a move for McNabb next season. Childress has a boner for any ex Eagle not named T.O.

namean
05-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Brett Favres last season will be his last

Elvis.Costello
05-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Brett Favres last season will be his last

Truth. He will be playing football....until he is no longer playing football.

Shike
05-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Aaahhhh yeaaaaa~!

ogeorgeko
05-21-2010, 07:29 PM
****, I feel bad for Tavaras Jackson lol.