PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we joke about race?

IwasBornFree
05-20-2010, 06:38 PM
I don't understand why we can get in so much trouble for joking about race. Why are people so scared of being called a racist?

ZIGGLADUS
05-20-2010, 06:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXD8yOxIPB0

Well, a simple answer would be because people are a bunch of soft whiny little b!tches.

gjohnson5
05-20-2010, 06:41 PM
I don't understand why we can get in so much trouble for joking about race. Why are people so scared of being called a racist?

If I knew the people , it would be one thing
I would know when someone is being sarcastic

I don't know people online, so it's hard to tell
They should create a sarcasm tag

IwasBornFree
05-20-2010, 06:44 PM
doesn't even matter if they are serious or not, that's irrelevant.

Why can't we make fun of Obama on a race level? Why the heck not? I mean, some stereotypes are just plain true many times, especially if the coat matches the suit.

liftthat
05-20-2010, 06:44 PM
People are sensitive/thread

Masstastic
05-20-2010, 06:45 PM
You can joke about race... if you're not white. :(

But anyways...

Q: How long does it take a black lady to s---?
A: About 9 months.

inb4ban

See thats an example right there. If you want to joke about race, actually be funny.

If its not funny, you just make yourself look like an idiot for attempting to do so.

Tiffany Wantsmore
05-20-2010, 06:46 PM
We can joke about it. My phone is full of racist and anti-Muslim jokes, most of which are really funny. The one about wanting people to test fly planes after the ash cloud cleared was one of the funniest, and also one of the most racist, to anyone who's sensitive about that kind of thing. Luckily, I'm not, nor is the person who sent it to me, or the people I sent it on to.

Masstastic
05-20-2010, 06:46 PM
doesn't even matter if they are serious or not, that's irrelevant.

Why can't we make fun of Obama on a race level? Why the heck not? I mean, some stereotypes are just plain true many times, especially if the coat matches the suit.

Make fun of Obama because hes bi-racial? Was any president before him made fun of on a race level? I think not.

Make fun of Obama for his actions. Not his race.

IwasBornFree
05-20-2010, 06:47 PM
We can joke about it. My phone is full of racist and anti-Muslim jokes, most of which are really funny. The one about wanting people to test fly planes after the ash cloud cleared was one of the funniest, and also one of the most racist, to anyone who's sensitive about that kind of thing. Luckily, I'm not, nor is the person who sent it to me, or the people I sent it on to.

your phone?

IwasBornFree
05-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Make fun of Obama because hes bi-racial? Was any president before him made fun of on a race level? I think not.

Make fun of Obama for his actions. Not his race.

Sure, why not? We can make fun of white presidents too, ours just happens to be black at the moment.

Masstastic

If its funny, then its fine. People have different sense of humors, I find jokes about harming kids to be funny. (Baby punting jokes)

I think any person can see the line between joking about something or someone, to them actually feeling hatred towards something or someone.

BetterBehaved
See thats an example right there. If you want to joke about race, actually be funny.

If its not funny, you just make yourself look like an idiot for attempting to do so.

http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/attachments/2/2/8/3/8/3/a2958010-37-obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

_AdaM_
05-20-2010, 06:52 PM
I hate bla...

wait wut?

LordDarwin
05-20-2010, 06:52 PM
your phone?
Now the phone of the ---------- man who's stole it.

You fill in the blanks you bunch of racists. ;)

HEAT-34
05-20-2010, 06:53 PM
you can if your not white

Masstastic
05-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Sure, why not? We can make fun of white presidents too, ours just happens to be black at the moment.

Did you miss my point? What is there to make fun of a white president about on a race level? Nothing. People make fun of the past presidents for their actions, not their race.

You specficially said make fun of Obama on a race level, like using the tired common stereotypes that have been around for years and get more unfunny by the day.

Masstastic
05-20-2010, 06:55 PM
http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/attachments/2/2/8/3/8/3/a2958010-37-obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

Because it wasn't funny brah.

I tried an unfunny race joke, live on ShootTheBanker, and got my phone number put out on the air.

IwasBornFree
05-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Did you miss my point? What is there to make fun of a white president about on a race level? Nothing. People make fun of the past presidents for their actions, not their race.

You specficially said make fun of Obama on a race level, like using the tired common stereotypes that have been around for years and get more unfunny by the day.

There is plenty of things to make fun of white people, what do you mean?

SquatsNOats
05-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Damn n!ggers, honkeys, chinks, sand n!ggers, and the rest of the pitiful bunch are too sensitive.

sa'll it is..

Masstastic
05-20-2010, 06:59 PM
There is plenty of things to make fun of white people, what do you mean?
Like what?

White people are "all different", black people are "all the same". (srs) Thats the idea that always gets passed around, although its not true.

Masstastic
05-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Damn n!ggers, honkeys, chinks, sand n!ggers, and the rest of the pitiful bunch are too sensitive.

sa'll it is..

You think races are sensitive?

Try pulling a "women are so dumb......" joke on a college campus in a classroom.

Moh7
05-20-2010, 07:25 PM
You think races are sensitive?

Try pulling a "women are so dumb......" joke on a college campus in a classroom.

Now lets try pulling that while your English teacher is a feminist and graduating high school rests in her hand.

BRB not writing about football because football is an man sport.

Masstastic
05-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Now lets try pulling that while your English teacher is a feminist and graduating high school rests in her hand.

BRB not writing about football because football is an man sport.

lulz

You have like 1 week left. Do it brah.

SuupaBuu
05-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Anyone can be racist whenever and wherever they want. I really doubt you'd get ostracized if you're amongst your own unless you're on some really nazi-type rage stuff. If you're speaking on websites like this then you need to accept that people are hurt by those comments.

neonhypoxia
05-20-2010, 09:01 PM

I expect a PM of said joke.

If its funny, then its fine. People have different sense of humors, I find jokes about harming kids to be funny. (Baby punting jokes)

I think any person can see the line between joking about something or someone, to them actually feeling hatred towards something or someone.

Rurz, I love dead baby jokes. I don't know why, I just love them. And it would appear that some people are unable to get the difference between making a joke, and really thinking that way. Its like some people just don't have a sense of humor.

Clinton was blacker. Wait... wut?

Anyways, back to the OP. You can make jokes about race if you want to in person, just realize that you are going to piss some people off if you do so. No matter what type of joke you make there will be someone who will find a reason to get pissed about it. As for on this board you actually can make them without getting a trip to ban camp. However it strongly depends on who you make them towards and if they are cool with it or if they get their panties in a bunch over it. I've had racist jokes from a few posters here directed towards me, yet I have never and will never report them for it. I've even had a mod PM me and ask me if it was okay, and of course the answer was yes. Why? Because they are f*cking funny, that's why. Some other people will run off to momma mod as soon as they think that a joke might even in the slighest be racist. Just depends upon who it is.

MistaO
05-20-2010, 09:29 PM
The real question should be:

Why can't we openly discuss race without acting childish and crying, "you're racist".

Masstastic
05-20-2010, 10:28 PM
The real question should be:

Why can't we openly discuss race without acting childish and crying, "you're racist".

Because a majority of people trying to have an "intelligent discussion" about race aren't equipped to do so. They aren't intelligent.

Since you're an American brah. You probably understand how a majority of people of each race aren't that much socially involved with others of a different race to the point where they can understand different cultural attributes. When they do, they end up being obstricized by their less intelligent brethren who consider them to be a "sell-out", "wigger", "oreo", "Uncle Tom", etc for not only accepting but embracing other cultures as their own.

Its pathetic really seeing people try to do so. Usually each person makes a few good points that the other can agree with and it eventually just turns into nothing more than accusations, and includicizing different races of people as all being alike or similar in their actions along with their race. Then it gets deleted, infractions get handed out, and people just avoid it for fear of more infractions.

r0gue6
05-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Not only can you not joke about it, you can't even study it without backlash.

This is a black professor from Cal researching why rich black kids were flunking, and he caught mad flack for his findings.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/916557/posts

Sorry it's from freerepublic, but it's a reprinted article.

jimbob007
05-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Because many people are unable to laugh at themselves or their beliefs. Especially deeply religious people & we have these horrible politically correct bodies who want to sanitise every aspect of our existence .

Blindead
05-20-2010, 10:53 PM
You can't make fun of white people? Have you guys ever heard of a redneck joke? Lol.