PDA

View Full Version : alright pre-bed meal for now?

fabregas
01-27-2007, 11:20 PM
dont have much money but plan to et some casein protein in short order but would a banana, 2 tbsps of peanut butter and a whey shake hold me over swell?

frostystruthers
01-27-2007, 11:29 PM
yep, the fats in the pb will slow the digestion down substantially. Why buy casein protein? Just drink milk. Stop pumping the supp companies...

Al Shades
01-27-2007, 11:38 PM
yep, the fats in the pb will slow the digestion down substantially. Why buy casein protein? Just drink milk. Stop pumping the supp companies...

Milk protein is inferior to extracted casein. There is a reason why MPI (milk protein isolate) sells dirt cheap and Micellar casein costs 5 times as much per serving. Milk protein doesn't gel in the gut and last up to 7 hours. Micellar casein does. Micellar is where it's at. Nothing else comes close.

Plus, what sane person wants a heaping dose of HFCS (oops, did I say HFS? I meant lactose -- they both have about the same propensity to be stored as fat) before going to bed?

Fabregas, go with your casein supp and try to get micellar casein from true protein dot com if you can afford to.

Crunchbar
01-27-2007, 11:42 PM
\
Plus, what sane person wants a heaping dose of HFCS (oops, did I say HFS? I meant lactose -- they both have about the same propensity to be stored as fat) before going to bed?

pretty strong statement... got any sources?

fabregas
01-27-2007, 11:45 PM
whether that is true or not i dont know but milk is cheap but its not that cheap. a tub of casein is cheaper in the long run than buying milk every week.

Al Shades
01-27-2007, 11:50 PM
pretty strong statement... got any sources?

No, there's no possible way to quantify something like that. It's anecdotal evidence, and you can consider the source to be me. I very strongly believe that lactose is a disaster when it comes to body composition and you might as well be eating candy. I'm a proponent of high fat, low-to-no CARB dairy products. Cheese and butter. I don't think the human digestive system can adequatively process cow's milk, in it's raw form. People seem to have no problem with cream-based dairy products, however.

Crunchbar
01-27-2007, 11:55 PM
No, there's no possible way to quantify something like that. It's anecdotal evidence, and you can consider the source to be me. I very strongly believe that lactose is a disaster when it comes to body composition and you might as well be eating candy. I'm a proponent of high fat, low-to-no CARB dairy products. Cheese and butter.

Milk is one of the most anabolic foods there is buddy....

Al Shades
01-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Milk is one of the most anabolic foods there is buddy....

Completely raw, unpasteurized, whole milk, perhaps.

But nobody is drinking that.

You're all drinking what basically amounts to cow piss.

UHT, homogenized, fat free, highly processed milk from cow's pumped full of hormones.

The human digestive system can't adequately process cow's milk, nevermind the garbage that is being bottled and sold in grocery stores today.

It's not the protein in milk that's "anabolic". The protein is inferior-grade. The saturated fat is the anabolic component. This is the great secret that legions of skim-dairy buying morons don't know and wouldn't believe if you told them.

Crunchbar
01-28-2007, 11:25 AM

UHT, homogenized, fat free, highly processed milk from cow's pumped full of hormones.

The human digestive system can't adequately process cow's milk, nevermind the garbage that is being bottled and sold in grocery stores today.

It's not the protein in milk that's "anabolic". The protein is inferior-grade. The saturated fat is the anabolic component. This is the great secret that legions of skim-dairy buying morons don't know and wouldn't believe if you told them.

the reason why milk is so anabolic is because of its protein composition (the mixture of whey+casein) and its insuligenic properties. I do assume non past milk is better but the pasturized milk is also quite good.

bradroche
01-28-2007, 11:36 AM

Just because u heard somewhere that saturated fats help with test levels doesnt mean that its the reason why milk is anabolic lol...the whey in milk kickstarts protein synthesis and the casein protein helps porlong the protein supply, that i think is why milk is anabolic...

by the way if you are gonna be the source of your own scientific statements then you may want to set up a lab and get to work lol

Al Shades
03-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Just because u heard somewhere that saturated fats help with test levels doesnt mean that its the reason why milk is anabolic lol...the whey in milk kickstarts protein synthesis and the casein protein helps porlong the protein supply, that i think is why milk is anabolic...

by the way if you are gonna be the source of your own scientific statements then you may want to set up a lab and get to work lol

If milk protein is nutritious to humans then why has it traditionally been discarded as a waste product? Whey is created as a by-product of dairy foods that are made from the FATTY portion of milk. How come there aren't more dairy products made from the protein found in milk instead of the fat?

I am not sure what you are on about with the second paragraph of your post. This is a forum for discussing and sharing points of view and I'm doing just that. What's the problem? Why must I set up a physical laboratory? My body is my lab and my mind houses the data collected from the thousands of experiments which I've carried out. I don't think you have a firm understanding of what "science" is and how it works. Human thought is science.