PDA

View Full Version : Francisco Cervelli....the more I see him play...

lllBoneZlll
05-18-2010, 09:02 PM
The more I like him (no homo)....does all the fundamentals very well....He will be the catcher of the futre for the yanks....HIHF

Tex24
05-18-2010, 09:33 PM
He is a much better defensive catcher than Posada. With Johnson out, Posada needs to go to the DH spot, and Cervelli needs to start. The guy is clutch with RISP too

ezra76
05-18-2010, 09:37 PM
+1 Liked him the 1st game I saw him in. At first I thought he was some little dude with no power. Turns out that funky oversize helmet he wears just made him look smaller.

Definitely better than Posada on defense but then again, that's not saying much. When Molina used to come in and play, it really made me realize that.

My dad said the Yanks also have 2 excellent catchers down in the minors. Both are supposed to be top prospects, so he says.

FLAY
05-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Jesus Montero is the future Yankee catcher. Slow start this year, but he still has a good bat and glove.

KingCanuck
05-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Jesus Montero is the future Yankee catcher. Slow start this year, but he still has a good bat and glove.

notsureifsrs

FLAY
05-18-2010, 10:34 PM
notsureifsrs

just looked it up

nvm

BxBombers28
05-18-2010, 10:39 PM
I really like Cervelli also. Its weird, he didnt hit in the minors at all but he has done nothing but smack hits all over since he came up. I was at the games last night where he hit a triple... he has decent speed to run the bases. The 2 highly thought of prospects at catcher in the minors are Jesus Montero and Austin Romine. Montero is one of the top hitting prospects in all of baseball, his glove is still lagging behind although they say he is getting better. He is a big dude so he might be a little to big to stay at catcher in the bigs. Romine is an all around type of catcher... his bat isnt on Montero's level tho.

Wu-Massacre
05-19-2010, 01:22 AM
Montero is suppose to be legit but he is positioned as a catcher which he wont touch in the majors most likely. Like Pablo Sandoval dude can play 1st 3rd and Catcher. Montero can probably play OF 1B and Catcher or DH. With Gardner doing so good while many didnt think he would there is just no room for call ups.

robogain
05-19-2010, 01:25 AM
most alpha name ever

Italians ftw

xxtotuxx
05-19-2010, 02:58 AM
Why the hell does he use that big ass helmet?

lllBoneZlll
05-19-2010, 05:24 AM

Concussions....he's has some in the past.....

97srad750
05-19-2010, 06:27 AM

It's funny seeing him at the plate with that helmet and the expressions he makes

He can play though

bustermac
05-19-2010, 09:44 AM

Hit in head with pitch in ST...concussion.

Time for Jorge to retire...can't stay healthy for a week.

Cervelli could be their catcher for the future. Montero has the bat, but not behind the plate skills.

They've played him at 1B in the minors, but he won't replace Tex, his future is at DH and backup catcher.

BxBombers28
05-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Time to see what the kid can do for an extended period of starting time... Posada's out for a month.

WheyneNewton
05-19-2010, 10:06 PM
he's awesome but he has the funniest expressions at bat and he looks like a bobblehead with that helemt