PDA

View Full Version : Veggies on a cut

bejetah
05-18-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm currently cutting (no keto), so therefore i slightly reduced my carb intake .. I am curious about the veggies as i'm pretty damn hungry all the time and this really makes stuff easier. I just cook them and sprinkle a little olive oil over, that's all. No i do not drown them in oil.

I eat mostly broccoli, asparagus, spinach (i know these are all extremely low calorie and very good) But for some variety i eat cauliflower, red peppers, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms . So are there any veggies that you would say its not good or even bad for a cut ? We're not talking about a few florets of cauliflower, we're talking several pounds.

thanks all.

dan c
05-18-2010, 06:52 PM
There are some veggies that are a little more sugary or starchy than others. Like, you might want to go light on the beets and corn...
In general though, fibrous veggies like broccoli are a solid choice.

Flyin Ryan
05-18-2010, 07:12 PM
I know corn and peas are higher-calorie veggie choices. They're definitely not bad for you, but they add up much quicker than a veggie like broccoli or asparagus.

determined4000
05-18-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm currently cutting (no keto), so therefore i slightly reduced my carb intake .. I am curious about the veggies as i'm pretty damn hungry all the time and this really makes stuff easier. I just cook them and sprinkle a little olive oil over, that's all. No i do not drown them in oil.

I eat mostly broccoli, asparagus, spinach (i know these are all extremely low calorie and very good) But for some variety i eat cauliflower, red peppers, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms . So are there any veggies that you would say its not good or even bad for a cut ? We're not talking about a few florets of cauliflower, we're talking several pounds.

thanks all.

The best
spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, celery, kale, mustard greens,
Next
peppers, mushrooms, zuchinni, tomato, green beans, romaine, cucumber, pickels
lastly(more or less starches)
corn, onions, carrots, peas

You can also try things like spaghetti squash in place of pasta.