PDA

View Full Version : What came first?

censored
05-18-2010, 02:23 AM
Not sure if this thread belongs in this category or not but here is my question.

We all know that it is better to do Cardio immediately after a weight training session as opposed to before. It's also general knowledge that the best time to take your post-workout shake is immediatley after a workout. So which comes first? The shake or the cardio??

trying to run on a stomach full of whey seems stupid, but ignoring the protien shake when your body is wanting the fast digesting protien and carbs seems detramental to the whole point of lifting. Im confused :\ lol

Any ideas? (will rep)

DreamyBoy
05-18-2010, 03:10 AM
Many arguments about this issue, I would say it really doesn't matter if you workout first or do cardio first cause in both cases you are improving your overall health & If it's about losing fats & getting shredded, muscle mass is the best fat burner.

Cardio before lifting will for sure deplete your glycogen & doing cardio after workout is gonna improve your endurance . It's up to you ...

Itadienekes
05-18-2010, 05:49 AM
Your best bet? IMHO, workout, followed by ~10g BCAA + ~10g Leucine + ~30g HGI carbs, followed by cardio (up to 60 minutes'ish), followed by your protein shake. If you don't have access to free form aminos, take your protein shake & carbs immediately post-lifting. DO NOT do your cardio after working out without protein in you! A protein shake and carbs are not gonna affect your cardio session (unless you do HIIT, then you should probably do it at a different time in the day, OR unless you're already at very low body-fat and need to do fasted cardio, in which case I'd do the cardio first thing in the morning anyway).