PDA

View Full Version : Protein Before Bed

RobKarpathios
05-17-2010, 07:25 PM
I have tryed to eat cottage cheese, and I cant handle the texture. Ive tried hard boiled eggs, but cant stop sub-consiously reminding myself that they are chicken fetuses and now I get grossed out and cant eat eggs. What kind of whole foods can I eat before bed to get a good amount of slow digesting protein for throughout the night?

Thank!
Rob.

determined4000
05-17-2010, 07:27 PM
I have tryed to eat cottage cheese, and I cant handle the texture. Ive tried hard boiled eggs, but cant stop sub-consiously reminding myself that they are chicken fetuses and now I get grossed out and cant eat eggs. What kind of whole foods can I eat before bed to get a good amount of slow digesting protein for throughout the night?

Thank!
Rob.
Any protein + PB (any fat source)

goldmank
05-17-2010, 07:29 PM
tuna, nuts, protein shake, greek yogurt and don't consider the eggs little fetuses. From I have heard they inject chickens with many things and the ways farmers/factories treat the chickens the fetuses are dead long before. Also, go for some egg whites if you don't want to boil an egg.

deezd
05-17-2010, 07:30 PM

Thank!
Rob.

wow man haha! when i heard that before i thought it was a joke, guess some people really beilive it.

your really only left with your nuts and then like tuna or chicken. Eggs are the besttttest protein you can eat. if i was you i would really make a solid effort to try and eat them though, your missin out.

have you tried cottage cheese with some natural peanut butter? some people do that to get over the texture...

jrsonico
05-17-2010, 07:30 PM
milk, nuts.

Fury22
05-17-2010, 07:31 PM
cant stop sub-consiously reminding myself that they are chicken fetuses and now I get grossed out and cant eat eggs.

Rob.

DO you get grossed out since the meat you eat came from an animal that used to alive? Do you still breast feed?

RobKarpathios
05-17-2010, 07:32 PM
DO you get grossed out since the meat you eat came from an animal that used to alive? Do you still breast feed?

no and no

pharmamarketer
05-17-2010, 07:36 PM
http://www.faqs.org/photo-dict/photofiles/list/3879/5213baby_chicken.jpg

But they taste so good

RobKarpathios
05-17-2010, 07:44 PM
But they taste so good

HAHAH! Thats some funny **** :P I just went into my fridge and ate two, its not so bad aslong as I have my mind on something else, so I was reading the label of a bottle of windex. Im sure ill get used to it, no more than a month ago I could eat them no prob.

jenmendez89
05-17-2010, 07:47 PM
^.^ too funny. Um try whipped CC that way u wont get the weird texture. I love friendship 1% yummy =)

RobKarpathios
05-17-2010, 07:53 PM
^.^ too funny. Um try whipped CC that way u wont get the weird texture. I love friendship 1% yummy =)

Sounds like a plan, thanks!

switch87
05-17-2010, 08:02 PM
I hate the texture of cc too. So tonite I'm going to try putting it in a food processor with some frozen fruit to try and whip it. I'll let you know how it goes.

switch87
05-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Sounds like a plan, thanks!

I wish I could find pre whipped so I don't have to try my plan.

determined4000
05-17-2010, 08:09 PM
You can always blend CC or melt it on something if you can't get whipped

switch87
05-17-2010, 08:12 PM
I just put it in a processor/grinder thing with fruit and some pb and it's pretty good. Way better then cc alone or with something but still chunky.

goldmank
05-17-2010, 08:15 PM
I just put it in a processor/grinder thing with fruit and some pb and it's pretty good. Way better then cc alone or with something but still chunky.

put the cc first and grind that up and then add everything else.

switch87
05-17-2010, 08:20 PM
put the cc first and grind that up and then add everything else.

I think I should have done that. It's really thick.

aussieangie
05-17-2010, 08:28 PM
casein, chicken breast, turkey steak, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna.

cocahenkle
05-17-2010, 08:40 PM

Thank!
Rob.

Hey how about a lettuce wrap with some cottage cheese and tuna? its really tasty and clean, it will also help you to tolerate the cottage cheese texture,

good luck.

DSituation
05-17-2010, 08:49 PM
casein, chicken breast, turkey steak, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna.

I would definitely give greek yogurt a try. Throw a sweetener in there or mix it with some oats and fruit.

Grkby
05-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Every night I have some greek yogurt mixed in with 1/2 scoop of myofusion. Right there provides you with about 30g protein.

Richie_Awesome
05-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Though whey is fast digesting, I typically do whey, milk, and peanut butter before bed.

OR any type of meat with a decent protein count.

Richie_Awesome
05-17-2010, 09:32 PM
From the sticky thread by Alan

The Primary Laws of Nutrient Timing

* The First Law of Nutrient Timing is: hitting your daily macronutrient targets is FAR more important than nutrient timing.
* The Second Law of Nutrient Timing is: hitting your daily macronutrient targets is FAR more important than nutrient timing.

franko man
05-17-2010, 09:49 PM
protein powder with some peanut butter! you can add in a little bit of cereal too
then mix everything together in milk with a spoon
they taste REALLY good!!!

Daio
05-18-2010, 01:04 AM
eggs are NOT feotuses! They are eggs. UNFERTILISED eggs. Any eggs that are fertilised are kept to hatch.

Eggs are Eggs!! :$

HulkHagen
05-18-2010, 01:17 AM
I would just eat a light meal that has a decent amount of protein in it and maybe a glass of milk? I usually have a peanut butter and jelly on wheat with a glass of milk, or a turkey on wheat with a glass of milk, depending on what mood im in.