PDA

View Full Version : How can i loose 8 pounds a week?

TryinToBeNotFat
05-17-2010, 06:39 PM
220 atm ( IB4 fat, neckbeard, stop eating taco bell)
My goal is to loose at least 30 pounds by mid June bringing me down to a much healthier weight of 190.
What are some good low calorie meals that I can prepare that don't taste terrible?
Are there any foods I can eat that would be considered "Free"? ( Yes I have heard of celery.)
What is a good calorie range?
Is starvation mode a myth?
What supplements can I implement into this diet to increase weight loss?
Is it healthy to have such a high goal?

Any input could be great

-Thanks
Mike

Flyin Ryan
05-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Unless you weighed an excess of 500 pounds, I'd say 8 pounds a week is a little unhealthy.

All good things take time, man. I wouldn't shoot for such a high mark like 8 pounds in a week.

First of all, how tall are you?

TryinToBeNotFat
05-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Unless you weighed an excess of 500 pounds, I'd say 8 pounds a week is a little unhealthy.

All good things take time, man. I wouldn't shoot for such a high mark like 8 pounds in a week.

First of all, how tall are you?

Well I guess that was an important detail I left out, Im currently 5' 11''

Cowmustard
05-17-2010, 06:42 PM
a hacksaw.

Seriously thought. Slow and steady bro.

AniMaLizTik
05-17-2010, 06:45 PM
read this:
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

log food here:
www.fitday.com

BOOM! fat loss everywhere

joelash302
The healthiest way would be to cut off a foot. You should be more concerned with how you look instead of what you weigh.

So basically, we should completely reset what you are planning on doing here. Put up your height, activity level, age, and short term goals (next summer).

TryinToBeNotFat
a hacksaw.

Seriously thought. Slow and steady bro.

I've been through the slow and steady phase, I really just don't have the discipline to stick to a regime over a large period of time. I figured that if I can't do it over a period of time I can just attempt to be my own health nazi for a few months or so.

AniMaLizTik
05-17-2010, 06:47 PM
I've been through the slow and steady phase, I really just don't have the discipline to stick to a regime over a large period of time. I figured that if I can't do it over a period of time I can just attempt to be my own health nazi for a few months or so.

what happens when the "few months" are over, it's not easy man, if it was America wouldn't be 45% OBESE

Flyin Ryan
05-17-2010, 06:47 PM

Discipline is everything when trying to lose weight, brah. You better grow some, find some, or go to the store and buy some, because you're going to need it.

joelash302
05-17-2010, 06:48 PM

F'in threads move fast here.

Basically your answer here is you have no chance.

jrsonico
05-17-2010, 06:48 PM
dont eat. cardio everyday. drink plenty of water. done that. and i turned out like sticks.

TryinToBeNotFat
05-17-2010, 06:49 PM
what happens when the "few months" are over, it's not easy man, if it was America wouldn't be 45% OBESE

I guess my brain works in odd ways... But I seriously think when ( not if) I get to my desired weight I will be much more self motivated to maintain and perhaps rebuild my self the right way.

robbie_vlad
05-17-2010, 06:51 PM
You didn't gain that 30+ pounds in a month, so why would you expect to be able to lose it in so short a time? Losing fat (or gaining muscle) takes time, patience, dedication, self-control, knowledge, and a lot of will to change. If you don't have that, then you don't have a chance, I'm sorry. Try changing your attitude first and maybe then we can help.

jrsonico
05-17-2010, 06:52 PM
u could go for lipo suction. u dont need a week. rofl.

AniMaLizTik
05-17-2010, 06:52 PM
dont eat. cardio everyday. drink plenty of water. done that. and i turned out like sticks.

great way to loose all muscle and wrech metabolism

TryinToBeNotFat
05-17-2010, 06:55 PM
You didn't gain that 30+ pounds in a month, so why would you expect to be able to lose it in so short a time? Losing fat (or gaining muscle) takes time, patience, dedication, self-control, knowledge, and a lot of will to change. If you don't have that, then you don't have a chance, I'm sorry. Try changing your attitude first and maybe then we can help.

I think Im at the point where my attitude has changed vastly. Im willing to take the step now, but rather than a step I want to leap. I dont care what it takes to be honest, this thread was never actually about my motivation level either. Its about what kind of diet I need to achieve my goals, not if I will but how can I.

determined4000
05-17-2010, 06:55 PM
decided not to post advice after reading

I really just don't have the discipline to stick to a regime over a large period of time.

robbie_vlad
05-17-2010, 06:57 PM
I think Im at the point where my attitude has changed vastly. Im willing to take the step now, but rather than a step I want to leap. I dont care what it takes to be honest, this thread was never actually about my motivation level either. Its about what kind of diet I need to achieve my goals, not if I will but how can I.

Well people are trying to tell you that making that "leap" will be unhealthy, unrealistic, and unsustainable. You would end up losing so much muscle that you'd look like crap even once you did lose 30lbs.

jrsonico
05-17-2010, 06:57 PM
great way to loose all muscle and wrech metabolism

exactly. rofl.

TryinToBeNotFat
05-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Well people are trying to tell you that making that "leap" will be unhealthy, unrealistic, and unsustainable. You would end up losing so much muscle that you'd look like crap even once you did lose 30lbs.

Again, I have made my decision, how can I obtain it.

jrsonico
05-17-2010, 07:00 PM

goodluck.

robbie_vlad
05-17-2010, 07:01 PM

http://skepticalteacher.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/facepalm.jpg

/thread

-rhino-
05-17-2010, 07:02 PM

The weight is going to come right back if you go about it this way. You will fall back into your old habits.

You need to recondition yourself on how, what and when you should be eating.

TryinToBeNotFat
05-17-2010, 07:03 PM
/thread[/QUOTE]

Im asking for advice get the **** out, Nay-Sayers like yourself are a cancer to us all.

onemoreround
05-17-2010, 07:05 PM
While I also disagree with the choice OP is making, it is fair to respect his decision and at least answer his questions, however impractical or "incorrect" his methods are.

robbie_vlad
05-17-2010, 07:05 PM
/thread

Im asking for advice get the **** out, Nay-Sayers like yourself are a cancer to us all.[/QUOTE]

You aren't listening to any advice being given. I'm convinced you are either trolling or are just extremely arrogant/ignorant.

determined4000
05-17-2010, 07:12 PM

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://dextertenisonfitness.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/davidsmith11.jpg&ei=ZPfxS5b_NoeoswPn_a3yCw&sa=X&oi=image_landing_page_redirect&ct=legacy&usg=AFQjCNF8cRwneOX9Ii6hYzzPWaVDOs9P3w

AdamWW
05-17-2010, 07:15 PM
220 atm ( IB4 fat, neckbeard, stop eating taco bell)
My goal is to loose at least 30 pounds by mid June bringing me down to a much healthier weight of 190.
What are some good low calorie meals that I can prepare that don't taste terrible?
Are there any foods I can eat that would be considered "Free"? ( Yes I have heard of celery.)
What is a good calorie range?
Is starvation mode a myth?
What supplements can I implement into this diet to increase weight loss?
Is it healthy to have such a high goal?

Any input could be great

-Thanks
Mike

For you to loose 8 pounds in a week without simply cutting your leg off at the knee, you'd probably have to eat nothing but broccoli and then do extreme amounts of cardio. I mean, we're talking about a deficit of 28000cals/week for this kind of loss, which is ridiculous. You're going to feel really, really bad doing this. So, even if you ate nothing, you'd have to somehow cut out 14,000 addition calories using exercise.

Flyin Ryan
05-17-2010, 08:12 PM
For you to loose 8 pounds in a week without simply cutting your leg off at the knee, you'd probably have to eat nothing but broccoli and then do extreme amounts of cardio. I mean, we're talking about a deficit of 28000cals/week for this kind of loss, which is ridiculous. You're going to feel really, really bad doing this. So, even if you ate nothing, you'd have to somehow cut out 14,000 addition calories using exercise.

Meaning... unless you're willing to part ways with one or more of your extremities... it's damn-near impossible.

Now stop being a dumbshiit.

916stang
05-17-2010, 08:24 PM
i hate doing it slow. wish i could lose 5+ a week. currently dropping 2-3 a week.

jandersonx
05-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Meaning... unless you're willing to part ways with one or more of your extremities... it's damn-near impossible.

Now stop being a dumbshiit.

The only way your gonna put up numbers like that is biggest loser style. 1250 calories a day, when your not eating, your walking, then you need to spend 6 hours a day in the gym doing high reps weight training and medium intensity cardio. I hope you dont have a job or school or a social life because your going to have to throw that out the window. All in all look to spend about 12 hours a day exercising, and another 2 to 4 hours tending to your ruined joints.

No supplement is going to help you. You need to literally work yourself to the brink of death every day of the week. You shouldnt be able to walk by the end of the day. Wiping your butt will feel like torture. You'll vomit every couple of hours.

Seriously dont be a ****ing moron. You waited too long to start and now your gonna be a fat bitch for your summer vacation. No vaj for you.

smt1
05-17-2010, 08:41 PM
http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://dextertenisonfitness.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/davidsmith11.jpg&ei=ZPfxS5b_NoeoswPn_a3yCw&sa=X&oi=image_landing_page_redirect&ct=legacy&usg=AFQjCNF8cRwneOX9Ii6hYzzPWaVDOs9P3w

QFT.

Above pic is what too fast fat loss will do. Excess skin!

determined4000
05-17-2010, 08:44 PM
The only way your gonna put up numbers like that is biggest loser style. 1250 calories a day, when your not eating, your walking, then you need to spend 6 hours a day in the gym doing high reps weight training and medium intensity cardio. I hope you dont have a job or school or a social life because your going to have to throw that out the window. All in all look to spend about 12 hours a day exercising, and another 2 to 4 hours tending to your ruined joints.

people on the biggest loser lose so much becuase they weigh 400lbs
OP is 220, he cant lose that much no matter what

jandersonx
05-18-2010, 11:12 AM
people on the biggest loser lose so much becuase they weigh 400lbs
OP is 220, he cant lose that much no matter what

There are people on the show who still lose 8lbs a week even once they are around 220

pchong
05-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Besides wrecking your muscle mass, metabolism and who knows what else.. to answer your question maybe Velocity Diet (with some major calorie deficit) + HIT with a **** load of caffiene to keep you energized while you're at the gym might work? Some side effects include feeling like complete ****, sleeping all hours while not at the gym... basically a living vegetable.

Cowmustard
05-18-2010, 02:54 PM
I had the same prob and sometimes still do man. I switched to the short cut bulk cycles to help my metabolism and sanity. Got the idea from reading some Layne Norton stuff. 5 weeks hard cut, 2-3 weeks bulk or stay the same while pushing lifts up, lather rinse repeat.

Either way, good luck bro.

Gordon09
05-18-2010, 03:07 PM
The picture D4000 posted basically hits the nail on the head.

Getting down to 190 in a few months sounds great right now, but you're not gonna like the way you look when you get there.