PDA

View Full Version : General crappy feeling from cutting...

C29i
05-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Lately on my cut at 1600-1800 at 5'11 185lbs I have been doing this for about 4 months and lately have been feeling like complete crap.

Trouble sleeping
Sore joints
Sore back
Head aches
Very tired on the 4th day of my lifting
Scale isn't dropping
Craving salty foods.

Could this mean that my calorie intake is to low for 4 day split with 6 days of cardio?

goldmank
05-17-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm 155 and I have around 1800 calories. what are your marcos like? (P,C,F)

C29i
05-17-2010, 01:23 PM
i'm 155 and i have around 1800 calories. What are your marcos like? (p,c,f)

40/40/20

PJR23
05-17-2010, 01:23 PM
What does your fat intake look like? If its very slow that could explain a lot. Helps lube joints, provides energy, keeps you full. Just an idea.

C29i
05-17-2010, 01:31 PM
What does your fat intake look like? If its very slow that could explain a lot. Helps lube joints, provides energy, keeps you full. Just an idea.

Depends on the day its usually 20% I eat a lot of eggs and meat.

ChiefRocka
05-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Check the foods you are eating. Make sure you are intaking lots of fruits and vegetables. If you are cutting back on carbs too much, no no no no. When I was doing that I felt like **** also. Carbs are not your enemy, BAD carbs are. New studies have shown that calorie counting isnt as important as what you are eating.

Gordon09
05-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Check the foods you are eating. Make sure you are intaking lots of fruits and vegetables. If you are cutting back on carbs too much, no no no no. When I was doing that I felt like **** also. Carbs are not your enemy, BAD carbs are. New studies have shown that calorie counting isnt as important as what you are eating.

Do you have a link to any of these studies?

OP - I'd say your calories are a bit too low for starters. These are usually the type of symptoms that start showing up when you've gone a long period of time at such a large deficit. I had the same issues on my cut last year. Obviously everyone's different, but I'm 10 pounds heavier than you and cutting at around 2500 daily. So I'd imagine somewhere in the low 2000's would be more suitable for you.

Also, I'd look into carb refeeds every 7-10 days. They're a great way to give you that jumpstart when you're starting to feeling sluggish.

RyouBakua
05-17-2010, 02:47 PM
drop carbs, raise fat

eat food with sodium and drink plenty of water

ChiefRocka
05-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Do you have a link to any of these studies?
I could find you a link but my info mainly comes from various books and docs on my computer about the effects of certain foods on body fat, including anti-estrogenic foods -this lifestyle encourages an intake of foods that fight fat and not worrying so much about calorie counts. Granted if your daily diet consists of citrus fruits, cruciferous vegetables, low fat calcium foods and whole grains, when you're eating those kinds of "magic" foods you could match your recommended daily caloric intake and still burn fat.

Fury22
05-17-2010, 08:29 PM
drop carbs, raise fat

^^This. Increase your fat intake, drop carb amount, especially those from grains.

C29i
05-18-2010, 03:17 AM
^^This. Increase your fat intake, drop carb amount, especially those from grains.

Would the low fat intake be causing it? What are some ways I can increase it?

Fury22
05-18-2010, 05:08 AM
Would the low fat intake be causing it? What are some ways I can increase it?

More than likely. I would go something along the lines of

Pro - 40-50%
Fat - 30-40%
Carb - 10-20%

It looks like you're not doing Keto, but regardless carbs should be the lowest macro nutrient.

As far as increasing fat..

Coconut Oil (add to shakes, cook with , etc..)
Nuts - Macadamias are the best (best O6:O3 ratio), almonds are good too
Salmon - Smoked salmon/Nova Lox is good on the go in addition to cooking fillets

these are just a few

igoyee
05-18-2010, 06:47 AM
I started a cut about a month ago, Im 5'7" and was about 188 when I started. I take in 1800cals daily with 40%protein 40%carb 20%fat and I feel great...im not too sure why you would experience those symptoms. As for carbs, I eat them only for my first meal to get my fuel for the day or post workout. Im not sure why your weight wouldnt drop considering im shorter and weighed more then you at the start of my cut? I'm down to 172 after 4 weeks