PDA

View Full Version : Nutritional guidelines for a healthy diet.

StevenMunn
05-14-2010, 11:03 AM
So the Nutritional guidelines are:

Fat should be from 20% to 35% of your daily calories

Carbs should be from 45 to 65% of your daily calories

Protein should be from 10% to 35% of your daily calories.

My question is:

If I follow these, would I have a sucessful diet for fat loss as long as I maintain a deficit and lift weights?

Sabouneh
05-14-2010, 11:07 AM
yes as long as deficit is maintained you will lose weight.. not wanting to lose only fat and minimal muscle is different.. those guidlines are ok but you really need to eat alot of protein in your diet along with heavy lifting to preserve the muscle..

keep protein at 40% i would say.. then fats at 40% and 20% for carbs.. you dont need to follow this to a T but that was just an example..

StevenMunn
05-14-2010, 11:09 AM
yes as long as deficit is maintained you will lose weight.. not wanting to lose only fat and minimal muscle is different.. those guidlines are ok but you really need to eat alot of protein in your diet along with heavy lifting to preserve the muscle..

keep protein at 40% i would say.. then fats at 40% and 20% for carbs.. you dont need to follow this to a T but that was just an example..

Most I can get is like 20-25%. I wont look too bad when all my fat is off of me will I?

StevenMunn
05-14-2010, 11:53 AM
anyone else?

dud1y3d
05-14-2010, 12:43 PM
anyone else?

So the Nutritional guidelines are:

Fat should be from 20% to 35% of your daily calories

Carbs should be from 45 to 65% of your daily calories

Protein should be from 10% to 35% of your daily calories.

My question is:

If I follow these, would I have a sucessful diet for fat loss as long as I maintain a deficit and lift weights?

This all depends on your genetics too. Do you have an easy time losing weight? If not, I make sure my carbs consist of mainly veggies. For me, when I cut I would say my macros are 40% protein 40% Fat and 20% carbs. I have a little more trouble losing fat than most.

Fury22
05-14-2010, 02:52 PM

^^This I think 40% pro, 40% fat, 20% carb is better, or something around there. Carbs I think should be the least important macronutrient. Depending on caloric intake, you can bulk or cut this way (increased vs. decreased calories of course).

Standard nutritional guidelines call for way too many carbs. We really don't need that many.

CharH06
05-14-2010, 04:24 PM
65% carbs...LOL, u know that $hit have influence from grain farmers. The things u need to know is most of the crap by the FDA or heart health coorporation have had influence from other companies and such. Wut u should believe is the scientific research.

THE_TRUTH86
05-14-2010, 05:28 PM
when i used to count i would do 40% protein 35% carbs and 25% fat

jakedasn4ke
05-14-2010, 06:49 PM
percentages dont matter as long as you get 1-1.5g of Protein per LB and .4-.5g of Fat per LB. If your cutting your Protein% will be much higher than if your bulking

StevenMunn
05-15-2010, 08:07 PM
65% carbs...LOL, u know that $hit have influence from grain farmers. The things u need to know is most of the crap by the FDA or heart health coorporation have had influence from other companies and such. Wut u should believe is the scientific research.

where is the scientific research?

To be honest, If I am in a 1000 calorie deficit, I dont think eating 300 grams of carbs is too bad cuz the deficit takes some of it out. Right?