PDA

View Full Version : Question about Calorie Ratios

SeanSoliz
05-13-2010, 10:58 AM
I've been tweaking my diet around a bit for a month or so and my main goal has been trying to lower total carbs a bit. Thinking of trying the following percentage ratio....

PRO CAR FAT
30 40 30

Height: 5'7

Weight: 155

Bodyfat: 14-15%

Will this ratio add too much fat during my current bulk?

Almalexia
05-13-2010, 11:39 AM
I've been tweaking my diet around a bit for a month or so and my main goal has been trying to lower total carbs a bit. Thinking of trying the following percentage ratio....

PRO CAR FAT
30 40 30

Height: 5'7

Weight: 155

Bodyfat: 14-15%

Will this ratio add too much fat during my current bulk?

the trick about protein is that it is very thermogenic. it takes a lot more energy to digest than carbohydrates and fats... so if you eat more you burn more of it.

40-50% of your intake ought to be protein. then the rest should be healthy carbs and healthy fats.

then again, im a firm believer that everyone is different. find what works for you.

norcalmuscle
05-13-2010, 12:47 PM
If you're trying to bulk I'd eat more protein then just 30%. The guy above me is right though, you just gotta tweek your diet until you find what works for you. When I first started I tried everything I was told and I saw minimal results, the best thing to do is to tinker with your own diet and you'll find what works. As in keeping off the fat though, you're doing a bulk so you should eat more calories then you are now so you will probably put on a touch of fat, just keep a pretty clean diet and lift hard and you should be fine.

SeanSoliz
05-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Alright thanks guys. I've been eating around 3000 calories this first week of bulking with 225 grams of protein, you don't think adding more would be too much?