PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Diet - Refeeds and Fat intake

jcolson
05-12-2010, 10:07 PM
I am currently working on a diet for customers of our weight loss clinic. We already have over 1500 clients locally, and we are in need of a good program to suite the needs of those that want o get lean, and are willing wo do it.

The diet is designed with high protein/medium-high fat/Low carbs durring cutting days, and High Protein/Low Fat/High Fat durring refeeds.

Questions:

1. What is the average time a person should go before a refeed?

Lyle McDonald seems to have it at around two weeks. DiPasquale seems to have it at a week.

2. How much fat would be just right to keep them in a lipolytic state and keep energy high durring the cutting days.

Opinions and science (or Bro-science), seem to be all over the place here. I'd like to hear it from those that have actiually experienced it.

Just want some nice answers guys and ladies.

csfb36
05-12-2010, 11:04 PM
I am currently working on a diet for customers of our weight loss clinic. We already have over 1500 clients locally, and we are in need of a good program to suite the needs of those that want o get lean, and are willing wo do it.

The diet is designed with high protein/medium-high fat/Low carbs durring cutting days, and High Protein/Low Fat/High Fat durring refeeds.

Questions:

1. What is the average time a person should go before a refeed?

Lyle McDonald seems to have it at around two weeks. DiPasquale seems to have it at a week.

2. How much fat would be just right to keep them in a lipolytic state and keep energy high durring the cutting days.

Opinions and science (or Bro-science), seem to be all over the place here. I'd like to hear it from those that have actiually experienced it.

Just want some nice answers guys and ladies.

I think that trying to come up with a refeed plan for that many people is going to be difficult just because I think people react very diffrently to refeeds. Peoples bodyfat%, quality and quantity of foods, there average caloric deficit etc.

From my experience on keto and just on a caloric deficit I would eat at a pretty steep deficit throughout the week and then for one day I would have a high carb medium protein low fat on my hardest workout day where I ate to the point where I could hardly move. I would lose a little over a lb week and made great progress.

jcolson
05-12-2010, 11:44 PM
I think that trying to come up with a refeed plan for that many people is going to be difficult just because I think people react very diffrently to refeeds. Peoples bodyfat%, quality and quantity of foods, there average caloric deficit etc.

From my experience on keto and just on a caloric deficit I would eat at a pretty steep deficit throughout the week and then for one day I would have a high carb medium protein low fat on my hardest workout day where I ate to the point where I could hardly move. I would lose a little over a lb week and made great progress.

This is actually what I am looking for. I agree 100% about a 1 size fits all program being pretty much impossible.

My idea is including a bodycomp before the start that would determine variables of the diet. The plan would be a set one, but all based on current body fat, fitness level, amount of exercise that will be performed on the diet, and maybe add in a variable having to do with body type. I see the body type to be the toughest variable as there is probably so much conflicting info.

It really is great to hear individual results though.

It would also be nice if some guys and ladies included their own keto diet plan as well as some of these stats.

Thanks

jcolson
05-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Any other ideas. I thought there would be all kinds jumping all over this topic.

jcolson
05-14-2010, 01:18 AM
bump

jcolson
05-14-2010, 01:29 AM
This is lost cause. ha