PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Diet for Cut

jonnycus130
05-04-2010, 06:00 PM
I'm going to attempt carb cycling for the next 2 months, rotating among high and low carb days. Hopefully by doing this I will increase my metabolism by keeping my body guessing and it will use my body fat as its main source of energy.

On my 2500 calorie diet my high carb days calories will be 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat. I will be doing high carb days on days when I solely do HIIT in the morning. My low carb days will be 55% protein, 20% carbs and 25% fat. I will be doing low carb days on days I lift. I will also make sure virtually no carbs will be consumed after 6 pm.

A sample high carb day looks like this: Target Range- 2500 calories, 250 g of Protein, 250 g of Carbs and 55 g of Fat.

Meal 1 (Post HIIT) at 10 am- 1 Cup of Oatmeal, 1 Glass of Juice, 4 Scrambled Eggs, 1 Banana

Meal 2 at 12 pm- 50 g Whey Protein Shake

Meal 3 at 2 pm- 6 Ounce Tilapia, 1 Slice of Whole Grain Bread, 1 Cup of Vegetables,

Meal 4 at 4 pm- 50 g Whey Protein Shake, 1 Glass of Skim Milk

Meal 5 at 6 pm- 6 Ounce Chicken Breast, 1 Cup of Whole Grain Rice, 1 Cup of Vegetables

Meal 6 at 8 pm- 50 g Casein Protein Shake

Sample low carb day looks like this: Target Range- 2500 Calories, 340 g of Protein, 125 g of Carbs, 75 g of Fat.

Meal 1 at 10 am- 2 Spoonfuls of Natural Peanut Butter, 4 Scrambled Eggs, 1 Glass of Skim Milk

Meal 2 at 12 pm- 60 g Whey Protein Shake

Meal 3 at 2 pm- 2 Slices of Whole Wheat Bread, 6 Ounces of Turkey Breast, 1/2 Cup of Vegetables

Meal 4 at 4 pm- 60 g Casein Protein Shake

Meal 5 (Post Workout) at 6 pm- 60 g Whey Protein Shake, 1 Banana, 1 Glass of Juice

Meal 6 at 8 pm- 8 Ounce Steak, 1/2 Cup of Vegetables, 1 Glass of Skim Milk

jonnycus130
05-04-2010, 11:39 PM
bump

Kiwi_Fella
05-05-2010, 01:09 AM
I'm going to attempt carb cycling for the next 2 months, rotating among high and low carb days. Hopefully by doing this I will increase my metabolism by keeping my body guessing and it will use my body fat as its main source of energy.

On my 2500 calorie diet my high carb days calories will be 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat. I will be doing high carb days on days when I solely do HIIT in the morning. My low carb days will be 55% protein, 20% carbs and 25% fat. I will be doing low carb days on days I lift. I will also make sure virtually no carbs will be consumed after 6 pm.

A sample high carb day looks like this: Target Range- 2500 calories, 250 g of Protein, 250 g of Carbs and 55 g of Fat.

Meal 1 (Post HIIT) at 10 am- 1 Cup of Oatmeal, 1 Glass of Juice, 4 Scrambled Eggs, 1 Banana

Meal 2 at 12 pm- 50 g Whey Protein Shake

Meal 3 at 2 pm- 6 Ounce Tilapia, 1 Slice of Whole Grain Bread, 1 Cup of Vegetables,

Meal 4 at 4 pm- 50 g Whey Protein Shake, 1 Glass of Skim Milk

Meal 5 at 6 pm- 6 Ounce Chicken Breast, 1 Cup of Whole Grain Rice, 1 Cup of Vegetables

Meal 6 at 8 pm- 50 g Casein Protein Shake

Sample low carb day looks like this: Target Range- 2500 Calories, 340 g of Protein, 125 g of Carbs, 75 g of Fat.

Meal 1 at 10 am- 2 Spoonfuls of Natural Peanut Butter, 4 Scrambled Eggs, 1 Glass of Skim Milk

Meal 2 at 12 pm- 60 g Whey Protein Shake

Meal 3 at 2 pm- 2 Slices of Whole Wheat Bread, 6 Ounces of Turkey Breast, 1/2 Cup of Vegetables

Meal 4 at 4 pm- 60 g Casein Protein Shake

Meal 5 (Post Workout) at 6 pm- 60 g Whey Protein Shake, 1 Banana, 1 Glass of Juice

Meal 6 at 8 pm- 8 Ounce Steak, 1/2 Cup of Vegetables, 1 Glass of Skim Milk

I'm not sure I understand you. You're having a high carb day for HITT and low car day for weights? If so, then you need to change those days around and have your high carb day on your weights day and low carb on HITT. If i've misread your post, ignore.

Just on your macro's, a low carb day is just that, low as ****. Depends on your goals of course but you need to be dropping the milk, bananas, juice out. You should be on lean meats, water and veges

jonnycus130
05-05-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure I understand you. You're having a high carb day for HITT and low car day for weights? If so, then you need to change those days around and have your high carb day on your weights day and low carb on HITT. If i've misread your post, ignore.

Just on your macro's, a low carb day is just that, low as ****. Depends on your goals of course but you need to be dropping the milk, bananas, juice out. You should be on lean meats, water and veges

Well I do HIIT in the morning on high carb days so I will be able to burn off the majority of the carbs I do eat.

Also the only reason I eat like a banana or drink juice after I workout is because its good to get a source of simple carbs after lifting, to replace glycogen levels.