PDA

View Full Version : Can diet alter your behavior?

whitely
05-04-2010, 04:17 AM
Hi everybody, I've tried to search this one out, but nothing came up, so here's the story:

Goal: lose belly fat (I just hate it).

Started: 5 days ago
So far: lost a bit less than a pound
Gym: 3 or 4 times a week (no cardio atm)

Diet: 5 or 6 meals each day, each meal consists of
protein : 30 - 50 grams (source: skinless chicken breasts, cottage cheese, tuna...)
fats : 12-15 grams (source: mostly almonds and walnuts)
carbohydrates : various fruits and oatmeal in the morning and than maybe some rice after

Diet wrap up: It's basicly low carbohydrates diet based on what I read in 'macronutritients' sticky.. I didn't want to go keto, but this ain't too far either.

Problem : I don't feel hungry, I eat every few hours, I feel nervous, and today even aggressive?!. Last night I was kinda nervous before going to bed, than I couldn't sleep properly, only few hours, but still I feel unusually normal amounts of energy.

aelio
05-04-2010, 04:50 AM
Some people handle low carbs worse then others up the carbs imo nuts are fairly high in calories too, not so great for cutting imo.

425runner
05-04-2010, 05:16 AM
That's what happens when you cut down on carbs, your body stops producing serotonin and makes more dopamine instead, that's why you feel nervous and can't sleep.

PBateman2
05-04-2010, 05:16 AM
Pretty normal for beginning stages of cut.

Just an added bonus if you dont feel hungry and the restless sleep is part of the deal when cutting. Your body will eventually adjust.

retardmotherfuc
05-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Carbs make me hungry, makes my too damn hot, bloats me, fills my stomach with bad smelling air...

Personallty I feel great when cutting with minimal og completely without carbs.

When not cutting I do eat a lot of carbs even tho I get the not so great sides. "Carb-foods" are cheap and tastes good.

betty5952
05-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Oh definitely dieting affects behaviour. Part of the discipline is not just controlling what you eat, but also the behaviour. It is hard sometimes. Not necessarily apologizing for myself, bcuz I don't really act bad...but I have let people know b4...'hey I am sorry I am such a space cadet, my diet has me down today...' More than anything else, I just get quiet or spacy bcuz I get what I call 'dead dog tired.'

TJ_Wolfe
05-04-2010, 09:41 AM
one of the many reasons that I still eat my fair share of carbs on a cut.

whitely
05-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks everybody for answers, it's great to know that I'll adapt eventualy.