PDA

View Full Version : Loose fat and Gain muscle

Tonsta
11-06-2001, 05:50 PM
hey im kinda new to this im 14 and i just want to get in great shape for football. Isn't it possible to loose fat and gain muscle at the same time? Could't you do cardio in morning and lift at night. Someone help me out

AznBB
11-06-2001, 06:34 PM
When you just start out you can lose fat and gain muscle....but eventually after you lift for a while you are gonna have to choose one or the other bulk or cut . So the answer is it is possible to lose fat and gain muscle when you start out as a beginner but not forever itll get harder and you gonna have to choose one unless you are on roids. Peace out.

Beast 3
11-07-2001, 12:21 AM
I am 17 and played football while I was still in high school and Also wrestled. Im about to tell you what you should consider and what I can recommend.

THe problem is, in practice you burn a lot of calories you are in a constant active process. I think you should focus on strengh and gaining muscle mass. Lift 4 days max, there is no lifting in gameday at least for varsity. Make sure you are getting a lot out your workouts which is very important but nutrition will always be in the top. Use multiple execises for big muscles(at least 2) with heavy weight and the right form. Work your body evenly so you can be balanced. I highly suggest that you should avoid doing cardio, keep increasing your bodymass so then you can burn more fat in the process but that is not the point if your going into football.

Supplement on whey protein and creatine, I would recommend you supplementing on designer whey and synthevol creatine and you can find this products cheap in ebay because they are so expensive elsewhere. Remember, target your body to increase muscle and strengh and keep away from cardio because it will hurt you on practice and even in the games. Worry about nutrition, exercise, recuperation and supplementation( in that order). I will be here to give you some help just post your questions. Also if you are a dolphins fan we would become the best of friends haha, good luck on your practices.

BigBrother
11-09-2001, 12:22 AM
the answer to your question is easy--> NO
even with anabolics it is difficult

you are very young
your body is already probably producing huge amounts of test, growth hormone and other growth factors naturally
TRY instead to gain as much mass (muscle) as possible
Muscle is a natural fat burner
As an athelete try to train for speed, and mass rather than leaness.
It should be easy to gain muscle now, follow Beasts advice and u should grow like a weesd.

As Arnold said you must first build mass like a rough piece of clay, then sculpt it down for definition
I personally wouldnt even worry about getting lean until you are 17 or 18. Try to build as much muscle mass as possible. You might gain a littlr fat but you will not show it with all that new muscle
good luck & train like an animal

Tonsta
11-09-2001, 09:25 AM
thanks a lot guys, I live in philly but i am a dolphins fan not now as much since my fav player ever (Marino) left but I still am. As for lifting what program should i do. I have a bench with the leg extension and the lat pull down. Im not sure how i should begin though and what my weekly schedule should be. And I am a Q.B if that helps at all as to what im going for more speed then power

BigBrother
11-09-2001, 02:31 PM
this should work

mon- bench 3x (10, 8, 5)
incline bench press 3x (8,6,4)
squats 3x (10, 8, 5) you gotta do squats, find a way
leg extensions 3x(10,8,5)
tues-off
wed.- bent over rows 3x(10,8,5)
lat pulldowns 3x(10,8,5)
bb shoulder press 3x (10,8,5)
upright rows 3x(10,8,5)
thurs.-off
fri.- standing bb curls 4x(12,10,8,5)
skullcrushers 4x(12,10,8,5)

Salford Reds
07-03-2004, 02:48 PM
It's very possible in my opinion.

ballaforever
03-25-2010, 05:21 PM
It's very possible in my opinion.

u need a lot of cardio. if u want to lose fat but not muscle do 9-10 speed sprint on treadmill for half a lap and like 3-4 for the other half.

Aakash69
03-25-2010, 05:35 PM
u need a lot of cardio. if u want to lose fat but not muscle do 9-10 speed sprint on treadmill for half a lap and like 3-4 for the other half.

what are u talking about lol..

he doesnt need cardio..

IRONS777
03-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Strong Bump!! This kid is 24 now and his football career is likely over........

YoMaMa84
03-25-2010, 06:37 PM
the answer to your question is easy--> NO
I hate when people Say that. The answer is That it's possible, it's based on alot of different factors. I think Genetics and body type are the main ones. No one fully understand how the human body works.

I did it. So it's possible

IZN_47
04-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Strong Bump!! This kid is 24 now and his football career is likely over........
:D lol

hoticeskater
02-06-2011, 06:02 AM

as a figure skating, im 19yrs old weighin in at 131.4 right now and would like to loose 20pds by summer time. i stopped skating for 9months almost and when i was still skating i had been weight training for most of my skating career. now im trying to build muscle again i wieght train 5times a week with 2 cardio days durning the week, weekends off to rest. i was not eating enough calories before i went back to weight trainin and started to gain weight now i do 4 low days of 1200-1300 calories and one day with 16-1700 calories. wat could i do in order to loose the weight and keep gaining more muscle. need advice to have had good abs while skating and now there a hard prob to triger. any advice thx

mikede555
02-20-2011, 12:42 PM
yes you can lose weight and gain muscle at the same time.

cardio is important - for maximum fat loss, do cardio at medium intensity 7 days a week for 45 minutes each day.

then, do some lifting too.. as you gain muscle, it will eat away at your fat so you will be gaining muscle and burning fat at the same time

hope this helps!

good luck to you!

marcinanddawid
08-24-2014, 04:13 PM
Let your body tell you what is possible.

MrM27
08-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Let your body tell you what is possible.
Strong bump to give no actual advice you have going on there.