PDA

View Full Version : Red Meat, Chicken, and Brown Rice

cbearle
04-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Just wanted some tips on my diet. Basically I have 6 meals a day...

1) chicken and brown rice
2) whey protien shake
3) ground sirloin and brown rice
4) whey protien shake
5) chicken and brown rice
6) whey protien shake

......and thats about it. I know I should be adding stuff in there... Any suggestions?

Gordon09
04-28-2010, 07:06 PM
1.) Add fruits and veggies.

2.) Get rid of atleast one shake for some real food.

3.) Not completely necessary, but I'd personally add some variety. You're gonna get sick of brown rice in a hurry (potatoes, pasta, oats, etc. are good alternatives)

EDIT: You're also seriously lacking in fats. The sirloin is really youre only source of fat,. Add in some healthy fats such as olive oil, nuts/nut butters, avocado, etc.

cbearle
04-28-2010, 07:14 PM

3.) Not completely necessary, but I'd personally add some variety. You're gonna get sick of brown rice in a hurry (potatoes, pasta, oats, etc. are good alternatives)

EDIT: You're also seriously lacking in fats. The sirloin is really youre only source of fat,. Add in some healthy fats such as olive oil, nuts/nut butters, avocado, etc.

Thank you! And yes, I'm already sick of the brown rice!

sdbolts512
04-28-2010, 07:22 PM
like previously stated, vary carb/protein sources and don't drink protein shakes unless its post-workout, wholefood meals are much better

beeeyandizzle
04-28-2010, 08:01 PM
i'd sub some of the whey protein for real food, simply because it would taste better, be more filling, and it'd be cheaper too. IMO save the whey protein only when convenience calls for it, such as pre/post workout, or pre-bed.

CAV40
04-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Just wanted some tips on my diet. Basically I have 6 meals a day...

1) chicken and brown rice
2) whey protien shake
3) ground sirloin and brown rice
4) whey protien shake
5) chicken and brown rice
6) whey protien shake

......and thats about it. I know I should be adding stuff in there... Any suggestions?

As said before, switch up your carb sources, not only will it keep you from going crazy but it is also healthy to get different nutrients from different carbohydrates, I would also think about adding some sort of fish(tilapia is a good cheap/healthy one) every once and a while. And also, don't forget about vegetables(I admit at times I don't pay enough attention to them)

jrsonico
04-28-2010, 08:35 PM

this.
or
maybe 2tbps of peanut butter over WW toast.

cbearle
04-28-2010, 10:28 PM
like previously stated, vary carb/protein sources and don't drink protein shakes unless its post-workout, wholefood meals are much better

I've heard this before and I guess it makes sense...real food is just better! The only thing I'm worried about is the cholesteral...eating 5 meals a day of meat or chicken and my cholesteral level is way above what it should be.

Ruz4life
04-28-2010, 11:01 PM

It has no effect whether you drink a shake post workout or whenever. I'm not saying they are bad post workout. That doesn't have to be the only time you drink one. A shake can be anything from just protein powder and water, to oats, milk, protein powder, bananas etc which is real food.

Your body doesn't care when it gets the protein shake as long as your calories are in line for your goals and your protein levels high.

Jeclavad
04-29-2010, 12:07 AM
I've heard this before and I guess it makes sense...real food is just better! The only thing I'm worried about is the cholesteral...eating 5 meals a day of meat or chicken and my cholesteral level is way above what it should be.

waitwut? Chicken raise cholesterol level??
Too much fats raise your cholesterol level not one type of food.