PDA

View Full Version : BCAA Question

orangeking
04-26-2010, 11:12 PM
If you're just going to be a search nazi, please do not even post.

I am starting my summer cut tomorrow, and was wondering if sipping aminos (****'s Chain'd Out) while doing my morning cardio will **** up my fasted state and not burn pure bodyfat? Thanks for the help in advance.

snorkelman
04-27-2010, 05:03 AM
Controversy will surround this topic on the issue of whether a fasted state is even beneficial. But in general "fasted" means fasted. NOTHING in your belly. Once you start ingesting things, you aren't really fasted anymore, are you? Not that it is a bad thing to ingest things pre-exercise.

In a nutshell, research has shown that there is a slightly higher amount of fat oxidation when you exercise in a fasted state but this is when you have a low percentage of VO2max. The more you increase your percentage of VO2max for the exercise (e.g. HIIT), the less significant this increased fat oxidation becomes. Then of course, there is the whole possibility of muscle catabolism, which I am sure is the basis for you asking about taking BCAA pre-workout.

I would suggest at a bare minimum taking BCAA pre-workout rather than training completely fasted.