PDA

View Full Version : NBA playoffs take forever

ezra76
04-26-2010, 07:15 AM
NBA really needs to speed this crap up. At the very least, cut the 1st round, more like 2 rounds, to a 5 game series.

Personally, I think the 1st round should be like 3game series. They should let the division winners have a bye or maybe just conference to keep an even number. Then have the team with the better record get homecourt game 1. Game 2 will be played at whoever wins game 1.

Obviously they want to try to squeeze every dime out the playoffs. It's ridiculous that they take 2 friggen months though.

CarpeD1em500
04-26-2010, 07:25 AM
Could not agree more.

Was talking to my friend the other day about a trip we're taking in June, and how it seemed soooo long from now, and we both were like "dude....the NBA finals aren't till June.....what...the....mind=blown"

Its outrageous. I think the lakers play like twice in the next SIX days or something. what the ****? this isnt the NFL

xzp
04-26-2010, 08:00 AM
You might as well shorten the regular season...till f*cking JUNE. what the hell.

I didn't mind it in HS because it gave us something to constantly talk about during no football..but it's crazy.

Max~Power
04-26-2010, 08:04 AM
You could petty much cut it down from being so long just cutting the first round to 5 games.

Here is how I see it, since we as sports fans always compare sports.

NFL Playoffs: One and done, it all rides in 4 quarters, 2 byes to make the regular season meaningful. Huge ratings for 1 game.

MLB: They don't have huge layoffs between games, which speeds up unwatchable series. That is key to the success and ratings.

Ephedra
04-26-2010, 08:08 AM
I love how long they last- and I would think everybody who loves basketball does as well. Aslong as your team is in the playoffs then every game is interesting.

To me the baseball season lasts too long. The most boring sport on earth wasting sportscenter time is what pisses me off.

orlandobills
04-26-2010, 08:56 AM
I love how long they last- and I would think everybody who loves basketball does as well. Aslong as your team is in the playoffs then every game is interesting.

To me the baseball season lasts too long. The most boring sport on earth wasting sportscenter time is what pisses me off.

Agreed baseball needs to cut there season by 60 games and give the teams some rest

niospecv
04-26-2010, 09:21 AM
I hate the nba playoffs. Waaaaaaay too long.

EHSTennis
04-26-2010, 09:27 AM
yeah i don't like the way it is now. I like watching it, but as far as excitement and buzz, it doesn't really happen till the conference finals.

thecreed
04-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Stan Van Gundy was complaining about this recently. It's ridiculous. But its how the NBA makes its money. All the games are spread out and in prime time so that they can get the most viewership. I suppose that's the way it has to be for the NBA as a business, but they definitely should know that its turning off it's fans...which in turn will lead to lower viewership as well. They gotta fix this.

blinkers88
04-26-2010, 09:41 AM
wait no football? Idc if basketball lasted until august

EGGSnOATHSbrah
04-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Stan Van Gundy was complaining about this recently. It's ridiculous. But its how the NBA makes its money. All the games are spread out and in prime time so that they can get the most viewership. I suppose that's the way it has to be for the NBA as a business, but they definitely should know that its turning off it's fans...which in turn will lead to lower viewership as well. They gotta fix this.

no player/coach has any right to complain about anything the NBA does. the NBA is paying for him to live in his giant house and live completely care free for the rest of his life. If he wants to complain about anything, complain about his own contract and player contracts. teams are losing money that sell out every game because they have to pay these players and coaches so much just to be able to compete, so if that changed maybe the NBA wouldn't have to make the playoffs last 10 months to make as much money as possible.

Stan Van Gundy came out of his moms vagina complaining

homicidal_misc
04-26-2010, 09:55 AM
It definitely drags. I think they should cut the amount of playoff teams. 16 is too many and the higher seeds always go the furthest anyway.

anonymous123
04-26-2010, 09:58 AM
It definitely drags. I think they should cut the amount of playoff teams. 16 is too many and the higher seeds always go the furthest anyway.

this

like wtf is chicago doing in the playoffs? they were a 500 team.

EGGSnOATHSbrah
04-26-2010, 10:16 AM
like wtf is chicago doing in the playoffs? they were a 500 team.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hardnutcheck
04-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Or play every single day.

sohard88
04-26-2010, 10:49 AM
First round being 7 and 2-3 days between games are so damn annoying.

CarpeD1em500
04-26-2010, 10:57 AM

They don't need to eliminate teams, clearly. The West's 8-1 matchup is tied right now, so that's a terrible idea.

They just need to make the games closer to each other. These guys go on 5 day / 3 game road trips and play back to backs all the time, they don't need like 3 days rest in between playoff games.

They should be playing every other day, with MAYBE an extra day in the middle of the series off. Thats it.

ilikebeer
04-26-2010, 11:39 AM
ITT non nba fans or slight nba fans. I like the setup and i like how they changed the first round to 7 games instead of 5 like it was several years ago. nba playoffs > everything.

ilikebeer
04-26-2010, 11:40 AM
They should be playing every other day, with MAYBE an extra day in the middle of the series off. Thats it.

thats basically how it is.