PDA

View Full Version : Need Lunch/Snack Ideas for Work - No microwave or fridge access!

sdsurfer
04-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Hi guys,

Looking for meal ideas for my lunch. For my job I'm out and about all day so I have no access to a microwave or fridge. I've been trying to keep my eating as healthy as possible but it's almost impossible when you're eating out (not to mention expensive). I'm looking for some complete meal ideas that I can throw in my backpack w/out worry of it spoiling by the time I get to it 5 hours later. I'd like to try my best to stay away from processed foods and if I need to spend Sunday preparing my meals for the week that's fine, I'll do just that.

Thanks in advance for the help here.

determined4000
04-25-2010, 06:05 PM
Hi guys,

Looking for meal ideas for my lunch. For my job I'm out and about all day so I have no access to a microwave or fridge. I've been trying to keep my eating as healthy as possible but it's almost impossible when you're eating out (not to mention expensive). I'm looking for some complete meal ideas that I can throw in my backpack w/out worry of it spoiling by the time I get to it 5 hours later. I'd like to try my best to stay away from processed foods and if I need to spend Sunday preparing my meals for the week that's fine, I'll do just that.

Thanks in advance for the help here.

dry fruit, nuts and granola
sandwiches (lean meat, tuna or PB) should keep for several hours
whey powder and a shaker bottle
fruit will be fine
jerky
granola bar/ protein bar

jrsonico
04-25-2010, 06:08 PM
pnut butter sandwiches. tuna in cans.. sweetpotato (get it ready before sleep) then just bring em along .