PDA

View Full Version : NFC West is being setup to be a legitimate division

bigcc
04-24-2010, 11:21 AM
9ers and Hawks having fantastic drafts, Cards/Rams are really dependent on how their QB's can play, but in 3-4 years this could be the top division in the NFC.

KoolKidRyan
04-24-2010, 11:26 AM
49ers win the division with a 9-7, 10-6 record . no other team makes the playoffs.

rams 3-13

bigcc
04-24-2010, 11:27 AM
49ers win the division with a 9-7, 10-6 record . no other team makes the playoffs.

Note how I said 3-4 years

iamgenus
04-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Yea I have to say the whole division did great in the draft.

Of course at this point nobody should be counting on the draft to improve them...just so many unknowns.

In a few years if all these guys play up to their potential it could be a tough place to get wins.

I really like the Cards picks as well. O'Brien Schofield could be a very good pick once he gets healthy.

MEGAMANLET
04-24-2010, 11:45 AM
i was hoping SF would fck up but they did pretty well, gonna be a close rivalry this year

thacalikid911
04-24-2010, 11:51 AM
i was hoping SF would fck up but they did pretty well, gonna be a close rivalry this year

lol no.

49ers have the division locked up by Week 9

Greg1983
04-24-2010, 11:52 AM
After all the high draft picks that division has gotten the last decade, they'd better be able to turn it around at some point.

MEGAMANLET
04-24-2010, 11:57 AM
lol no.

of course you would say that. we have a better D line now and much better pass coverage with earl thomas and kam chancellor. what makes you think the 49rs got it in the bag?

Shangius
04-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Looks like as a division they had the best draft by far.

jump_man23
04-24-2010, 12:30 PM
pls go

AFC West > NFC west, now and in 3-4 years

iamgenus
04-24-2010, 12:34 PM
lol no.

Dude seriously....STFU.

Have you ever been right on your homer predictions?

thacalikid911
04-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Dude seriously....STFU.

Have you ever been right on your homer predictions?

yea phaggot.

I was 3-1 when I got banned last season, and then the 49ers went on their 4 game skid because I couldn't claim that they would HUMILIATE the team.

I also predicted VD would break out.

iamgenus
04-24-2010, 12:40 PM
yea phaggot.

I was 3-1 when I got banned last season, and then the 49ers went on their 4 game skid because I couldn't claim that they would HUMILIATE the team.

...so you predicted they win every game? Really going out on a limb there much aren't you?

I'm pretty sure you got banned because you made ANOTHER retarded prediction that the niners would destroy Houston. Which btw was game 6 so what happened to two of your predictions?

I have no problems with you believing in this team but blind homerism just makes people laugh at you. Until the 49ers stop losing game at home by 30+ points they're not going to HUMILIATE anyone....well maybe the rams.

thacalikid911
04-24-2010, 12:43 PM
...so you predicted they win every game? Really going out on a limb there much aren't you?

I'm pretty sure you got banned because you made ANOTHER retarded prediction that the niners would destroy Houston. Which btw was game 6 so what happened to two of your predictions?

I have no problems with you believing in this team but blind homerism just makes people laugh at you. Until the 49ers stop losing game at home by 30+ points they're not going to HUMILIATE anyone....well maybe the rams.

49ers are 9-3 when I go to their games.
1-0 When I Jerk with Dashon Goldson before the game
This will be my second year with season tix.

7-0 this year at candle stick, book it

cncman
04-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Looks like as a division they had the best draft by far.

Because all of those teams are among the worst in the nfl.

Shangius
04-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Because all of those teams are among the worst in the nfl.

Well they could've made terrible picks like the Jags and Bills but they didn't.

BeanieWells
04-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Wait, so Cards and Rams are dependant on QB play next season but 9ers and Seahawks aren't?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/bertstare.jpg

Sick96stang
04-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Wait, so Cards and Rams are dependant on QB play next season but 9ers and Seahawks aren't?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/bertstare.jpg

Hahaha apparently Whitehurst and Smith are just locks to be great QB's.

bigcc
04-24-2010, 01:01 PM
1-0 When I Jerk with Dashon Goldson before the game

Homo

We still have Hasselbeck and he has WAY more weapons to work with now, 9ers are obviously set to be a running team

Cards relied on the passing game... they lost Boldin/Kurt, Rams are just gonna be bad for a while

Greg1983
04-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Homo

We still have Hasselbeck and he has WAY more weapons to work with now, 9ers are obviously set to be a running team

Cards relied on the passing game... they lost Boldin/Kurt, Rams are just gonna be bad for a while

Hasselbeck will be injured by October.

Shangius
04-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Hahaha apparently Whitehurst and Smith are just locks to be great QB's.

Yeah I think the Cards have the best QB situation. I think at least one quality starter can emerge out of DA/Leinart with all the weapons they have on O.

Lean88
04-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Seahawks have had a great few days, good picks and trading for Washington/White.

49ers have had a great draft too, picks lots of big tough physical guys.

But like someone else said, its gonna come down to the QB's, can Leinhart and Smith do it? can Hasselbeck stay healthy?

Sick96stang
04-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Yeah I think the Cards have the best QB situation. I think at least one quality starter can emerge out of DA/Leinart with all the weapons they have on O.

I hope so. I have more faith in DA doing something than Leinart though.

jdo1
04-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Homo

i have a feeling early doucet is going to have a break out year

GetBigyo
04-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Sam Couch aint' gonna lead the Rams to anything except the basement of the division.

thacalikid911
04-24-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm loling hard at people sleeping on Smith

Talk to me when he's in the pro bowl discussion ***gots

melanimal_old
04-24-2010, 03:08 PM
na not really

BNR
04-24-2010, 09:59 PM
the whole division did very good

Anthb7210p1
04-24-2010, 10:21 PM
49ers did a good job building a dominant O line, but they still haven't addressed the QB position. They will only go as far as Alex Smith takes them. He definitely has some solid weapons with Crabtree, Davis and Gore. Their D now is looking dominant, can you imagine having to go over the middle as a receiver with Willis and now Mays back there? They should be the favorites as long as Alex Smith plays well.

The Rams did what they had to do by drafting Bradford and should have the best QB in the division within a year or two. They still need to get him weapons, failing to fill their need at #1 WR and a speed RB as the heir aparrent to Sjax. Their D should step up next year as it will be Spag's second year and the players will have the new system. Also, they should have one of the best O-lines in football with Jason Smith at LT and Safford at RT for the next 10 years, and Jason Brown locking down center.

The Seahawks had a great draft, but failed to get a QB, and they will go nowhere with the scrubs they have back there. They remind me of the rams a few years ago by failing to realize they cannot win without a QB. They are probably holding out for Jake Locker next year, but will have to get the #1 overall pick in order to nab him. It'd be a dream scenario for Seattle. Still, I think they would have been better off picking up Clausen this year.

And that brings us to Arizona who is on the decline. Losing Boldin and Warner will kill this team. But they did have a solid draft.

Next year: 1st - 49ers, 2nd - Rams, 3rd - Cardinals, 4th - Seahawks

squirrell751
04-24-2010, 10:32 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/m edia/3/bertstare.jpg

HAHAHHAA THIS! Hey before anyone continues to talk **** can we look at the QBs in our division? Please the only half decent one that was in there was Kurt and now he's done.

Homo

Bottom line is the truth as much as you're in denial folks

Hasselbeck will be injured by October.

I was going to post that....

Needless to say Seattle is going to **** **** up this season

21Classic
04-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Homo

Lost Kurt and that does hurt but guys really got to get past Boldin

He didnt play half the season and im almost positive we won every game accept 1 without him

I understand nobody knows who Steve Breaston or Early Doucet are, but I can promise you we are hurting in NO way in the WR department

Im confident the Cardinals are still the team to beat in the NFC west.

the Seahawks a very close 2nd, they had an impressive draft. But the Cards defense is still better and we have more overall offensive weapons

like all things, the success of the team comes down to Leinart and we just cant say whats going to happen, maybe he fails, maybe he turns out to be Kurt 2.0+ scrambling abilty

49ers had a good draft in the way of solidifying their O line, except for the fact that they now have an Oline to protect nobody special.

Rams made steps in the right direction, im afraid considering Staffords medical history and the Cardinals pass rush ridiculosness theyve added this season (Porter, Baggs, and Daryl Washington +we still got Dock, Cambell and A dub), ALSO considering the Rams Oline, hes going to be KTFO the 1st time these teams meet

And im interested in how that shiny new 49ers o line holds up to the Cards new pass rush option. 2 new guys wont be able to stop 2 new guys of equal skill AND our vets who are of greater skill.

Walther_p38
04-24-2010, 11:33 PM

He didnt play half the season and im almost positive we won every game accept 1 without him

I understand nobody knows who Steve Breaston or Early Doucet are, but I can promise you we are hurting in NO way in the WR department

the Seahawks a very close 2nd, they had an impressive draft. But the Cards defense is still better and we have more overall offensive weapons

like all things, the success of the team comes down to Leinart and we just cant say whats going to happen, maybe he fails, maybe he turns out to be Kurt 2.0+ scrambling abilty

49ers had a good draft in the way of solidifying their O line, except for the fact that they now have an Oline to protect nobody special.

Rams made steps in the right direction, im afraid considering Staffords medical history and the Cardinals pass rush ridiculosness theyve added this season (Porter, Baggs, and Daryl Washington +we still got Dock, Cambell and A dub), ALSO considering the Rams Oline, hes going to be KTFO the 1st time these teams meet

And im interested in how that shiny new 49ers o line holds up to the Cards new pass rush option. 2 new guys wont be able to stop 2 new guys of equal skill AND our vets who are of greater skill.

agree 100% with everything you just said.

KingCanuck
04-24-2010, 11:35 PM

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z270/IK2121/TI.gif

wsuwarrior
04-24-2010, 11:39 PM
They might be legit like 5 years from now, they have a lot of catching up to do. Would not expect a Superbowl win from that division in a while.

Quarterback driven league and the NFCW has no good QBs.

wynner64
04-25-2010, 12:40 AM

*scratches crotch profusely*

You were right about that son. GJDM.

HumptyBrah
04-25-2010, 01:02 AM

BeanieWells
04-25-2010, 01:29 AM

Remind me again which offense got shut down last season at Qwest Field?

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/20/smiley.gif

KingCanuck
04-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Remind me again which offense got shut down last season at Qwest Field?

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/20/smiley.gif

1. Seahawks offense got shut down by almost every team last year
2. Cards probably had the worst defense in the league last year brb giving up 100 points to the Packers, brb giving up 50 to the Saints
3. You lost two good players
4. Seahawks defense was battling injuries all year, Tatupu missed more than 10 games, Hill missed 6, Trufant missed 6, etc..
5. Earl Thomas.

21Classic
04-25-2010, 11:37 AM
2. Cards probably had the worst defense in the league last year brb giving up 100 points to the Packers, brb giving up 50 to the Saints
4. Seahawks defense was battling injuries all year, Tatupu missed more than 10 games, Hill missed 6, Trufant missed 6, etc..
5. Earl Thomas.

Cards replaced those 2 players with 4 really good players

the Combo of Porter AND daryl washington >>>>> Dansby and the scrub LBs he had to be with

Plus we now have Dan williams being shoulder to shoulder with Dockett (FAPFAPFAP at that)

and Rolle was overated as shiit, I personally like Kerry Rhodes more

Cards defense >>>>> this year than last year

Seahawks defense is old and riddled with injuries, and congrats on thinking your saftey is going to carry your defense to the superbowl

we shat on Troy and the steelers, what do you think Earls gonna do? It was our DEFENSE that broke down

and now its upgraded and ready to backup our always nasty offense

stylin

SteezeFactory
04-25-2010, 11:45 AM
*scratches crotch profusely*

You were right about that son. GJDM.

When you predict that half of your team is going to make the Pro Bowl every season you're bound to get one right. And people had been predicting VD would breakout ever since he's been in the league. This is the same kid that said Shaun Hill would make the Pro Bowl...yeah.

wynner64
04-25-2010, 01:41 PM
When you predict that half of your team is going to make the Pro Bowl every season you're bound to get one right. And people had been predicting VD would breakout ever since he's been in the league. This is the same kid that said Shaun Hill would make the Pro Bowl...yeah.

It was meant as a joke, lol. Although he really was right about Vernon Davis breaking out.

So...what you're saying...the next pro bowlers will be:

Mike Iupati
Anthony Davis
Taylor Mays
Navarro Bowman
Their compensatory pick, Kyle Williams

Well...maybe not all of them, but at least one of them!

....I see what he did dere.

KingCanuck
04-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Cards replaced those 2 players with 4 really good players

the Combo of Porter AND daryl washington >>>>> Dansby and the scrub LBs he had to be with

Plus we now have Dan williams being shoulder to shoulder with Dockett (FAPFAPFAP at that)

and Rolle was overated as shiit, I personally like Kerry Rhodes more

Cards defense >>>>> this year than last year

Seahawks defense is old and riddled with injuries, and congrats on thinking your saftey is going to carry your defense to the superbowl

we shat on Troy and the steelers, what do you think Earls gonna do? It was our DEFENSE that broke down

and now its upgraded and ready to backup our always nasty offense

stylin

Stopped reading here.

wynner64
04-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Stopped reading here.

I know, why does everyone always get that misconception? Everyone did that for awhile with the Rams too, which irritated me seeing as we are actually one of the youngest teams in the NFL (much younger now with Little about to retire and Bulger gone) Kerney was old, but he's retired. Grant (if you guys even have Grant anymore) and Trufant are old, but that's about it now. I honestly think they might have one of the youngest defenses now.

bigcc
04-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Seahawks defense is old

wat

bigcc
04-25-2010, 05:11 PM
I know, why does everyone always get that misconception? Everyone did that for awhile with the Rams too, which irritated me seeing as we are actually one of the youngest teams in the NFL (much younger now with Little about to retire and Bulger gone) Kerney was old, but he's retired. Grant (if you guys even have Grant anymore) and Trufant are old, but that's about it now. I honestly think they might have one of the youngest defenses now.

Grant was old but he's gone

Trufant is only 29

BeanieWells
04-25-2010, 05:23 PM
5. Earl Thomas.

So you're going to use our games against the BEST offenses in the league last year to prove that we have the worst defense in the league? lol? The Green Bay defense also gave up the same amount of points in the game so I guess they also have one of the worst defenses in the league. :rolleyes: Half our defense went out with injury against the Saints and we were forced to play scrubs like Hamzah Abdullah who had only been with the team for 2 weeks.

Rolle = replaced with a top 5 FS
Dansby = potentially replaced

Your team is always injured so I don't understand why you keep on using that excuse. Tatupu hasn't been the same since 07 and Hawthorne looks like a capable replacement to me, Trufant is garbage, Leroy Hill only above average.

One safety isn't going to fix your defense. I know first hand that having a allpro safety surrounded by garbage in the secondary and Dline (Adrian Wilson pre 07) doesn't make your defense good.

Sick96stang
04-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Next year: 1st - 49ers, 2nd - Rams, 3rd - Cardinals, 4th - Seahawks

Rams 2nd......... joke is funny.

Sick96stang
04-25-2010, 07:23 PM
5. Earl Thomas.

Cards finished 14th in PPG given up on defense not sure how that's even close to worst defense in the league, especially when you consider they had the 8th most defensive plays.

melanimal_old
04-25-2010, 07:25 PM
this is like watching a bunch of guys argue minor league baseball

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b85/cool_dude100/popcorn.gif