PDA

View Full Version : Overall nutrition?!?!

wahoo92583
04-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Okay, so I am extremely frustrated. I feel like I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I feel like I will never be able to achieve my goal(s). My overall goal is to become lean and build muscle at the same time. Currently, I weigh 173 pound and I have a body fat percent of 19.4.

Is it even possible?

How do I achieve my goal(s)?

How many calories should I consume? Out of those calories how many calories should be "good calories" and how many should be "bad calories"?

What kind of fat is considered a "good fat"? What types of fats should I avoid?

How many carbs should I consume on a daily basis?

What is considered a good carb? What type of carbs should I consume (simple, complex, fast acting) and when? What kinds of food contain the carbs I need in order to build muscle?

jrsonico
04-22-2010, 09:09 PM
good fats.. (olive oil, nuts(especially walnuts), fish like salmon, egg yolks, flax seeds)
my carb choices are wholewheat bread, oats, and potatoes.
when, breakfast, pre, post for me.

less calories? cardio? train hard.

determined4000
04-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Okay, so I am extremely frustrated. I feel like I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I feel like I will never be able to achieve my goal(s). My overall goal is to become lean and build muscle at the same time. Currently, I weigh 173 pound and I have a body fat percent of 19.4.

Is it even possible?

How do I achieve my goal(s)?

How many calories should I consume? Out of those calories how many calories should be "good calories" and how many should be "bad calories"?

What kind of fat is considered a "good fat"? What types of fats should I avoid?

How many carbs should I consume on a daily basis?

What is considered a good carb? What type of carbs should I consume (simple, complex, fast acting) and when? What kinds of food contain the carbs I need in order to build muscle?

Answers:
1. Hard work
2. Figure out how many you have been eating and reduce 15% a week until you are losing
3. Good fat=nuts, pb, olice oil, fatty fish, avocado
4. Dont let that cause you to go over calorie need
5. good carbs=fruit, veg, whole grains, oatmeal