PDA

View Full Version : Protein before or after?

Shockme56
04-22-2010, 07:07 PM
I know this maybe a simple question and answer but I am just looking for a few different opinions. I currently take my protein (universal real gains) within 30 mins of my workout. I only take it once a day, but I am wondering if I need to take my protein before my workout, or afterwards?
Thanks to all!

Winger
04-22-2010, 07:14 PM
I'd take it right after, but make sure you have a good meal with carbs and protein before

Hightower8
04-22-2010, 07:30 PM
I know this maybe a simple question and answer but I am just looking for a few different opinions. I currently take my protein (universal real gains) within 30 mins of my workout. I only take it once a day, but I am wondering if I need to take my protein before my workout, or afterwards?
Thanks to all!

After.

You may find that working out with a Gainer sitting in your belly could be a little nauseating and cause you some discomfort.

Gainers are better off being used throughout the day to fill Caloric deficits, though it is fine to use post-workout....Won't provide as high of an Amino Spike as an Isolate Protein though.

koatliki
04-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Before and after (with some carbs).

Good link: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/muscle-growth-and-pos-workout-nutrition.html

Shockme56
04-23-2010, 03:22 AM
After.

You may find that working out with a Gainer sitting in your belly could be a little nauseating and cause you some discomfort.

Gainers are better off being used throughout the day to fill Caloric deficits, though it is fine to use post-workout....Won't provide as high of an Amino Spike as an Isolate Protein though.

I also take my BCAA's on average 2 times a day. I know they are a big factor in muscle growth. I do need a Isolate Protein though, I just did not pay attention when I bought the gainer. Thanks guys