PDA

View Full Version : Fruit.

JKnockawitz
04-22-2010, 08:09 AM
How many servings of fruit does everyone eat when bulking up or cutting, and what are your 3 favorites?

I usually eat about 3 servings a day. My favorites are..

1. Banana
2. Green Apple
3. Mixed Berries

watermelon_2001
04-22-2010, 08:21 AM
I love fruit, and the idea of ever cutting it from a diet seems ridiculous to me, even when cutting. Banana's, for me, are the number one, closely followed by apples. I'll throw some raisins in with mixed nuts on occassion, and grapefruit is awesome with breakfast. I'd eat strawberries every day if I could, but anywhere I try to find them prices them really high...

master_no_name
04-22-2010, 08:36 AM
1.Bananas. Can't live without them. They go on toast with PB, in my oatmeal every morning, after workouts etc.
2.Since I'm now living in a tropical climate, mangos. Cheap and oh-so-sweet and delicious. I also cut them up with bananas and eat them with oatmeal or as a dessert.

rigglemg
04-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Once per day for breakfast, usually cantelope, strawberries, or a small banana.

Sporto1633
04-22-2010, 10:18 AM
I love fruit, and the idea of ever cutting it from a diet seems ridiculous to me, even when cutting.

The primary reason that fruit is removed from a diet is because fructose goes to replenish liver glycogen, not muscle glycogen. So it's really not ridiculous, there is a reason for it...although I doubt it would make much of a noticeable difference for someone who isn't competing or below setpoint.

Sporto

sharkey
04-22-2010, 10:34 AM
i usually eat 3-5 servings whether bulking or cutting, 3 favorites are:

1. Strawberrys
2. Blueberries
3. Kiwis.

Jeclavad
04-22-2010, 10:42 AM
I eat them while cuting or bulking
1. Bananas (4-5 a day)
2. Apples
3. kiwi

But I like all of them

fni
04-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Love fruit.. I could eat fruit all day but had to remove them from my diet due to the amount of carbs they hold :(

xlb57
04-22-2010, 10:59 AM
I am at about 2-3 servings per day:

-Blueberries
-Apples
-Bananas

snorkelman
04-22-2010, 11:07 AM
So it's really not ridiculous, there is a reason for it...although I doubt it would make much of a noticeable difference for someone who isn't competing or below setpoint.

Can you explain how eliminating fruit from one's diet entirely (if that's what you meant) would make a difference to someone who is competing vs. someone is is not competing? Does someone who is competing not desire to maintain liver glycogen? It would seem that the liver glycogenolysis that takes place due to intense exercise would be an issue to those competing (from the standpoint of anabolic / catabolic signaling which would be provided from glycogen-mediated liver cell swelling).