PDA

View Full Version : weight gainer on a cut?

mike67cmaro
04-21-2010, 11:16 AM
I have realized that Im not getting enough calories into my diet on training days. Im only able to eat about 1800 calories everyday but when I work out and do cardio I might be down to 1000 calories left at the end of the day. Its been hard for me to eat lately, Im not sure if its stress or what. Im in college full time and I'm 5'9" 155 pounds and from what I can tell about 13- 15% bf. Should I or could I use a weight gainer to my muscle while mainting a caloric deficit? I lack definition and have been told the more muscle I have the more fat will be burned with a good cardio and lifting program. Any thoughts?

jorgerod
04-21-2010, 11:25 AM
I have realized that Im not getting enough calories into my diet on training days. Im only able to eat about 1800 calories everyday but when I work out and do cardio I might be down to 1000 calories left at the end of the day. Its been hard for me to eat lately, Im not sure if its stress or what. Im in college full time and I'm 5'9" 155 pounds and from what I can tell about 13- 15% bf. Should I or could I use a weight gainer to my muscle while mainting a caloric deficit? I lack definition and have been told the more muscle I have the more fat will be burned with a good cardio and lifting program. Any thoughts?

Run FAR FAR AWAY!!!

Not because of the calories, but because you can gain the same amount of calories with far tastier, better, actual food.

Jorge

B-ryminD09
04-21-2010, 11:32 AM
uhhhhhhm could u fit it in to ur calories? idk, u tell us. but if u need more calories, and thats what u want to fill them w/ then by all means go ahead. personally i would fill it w/ whole foods, but i'm hungry all the time.

mike67cmaro
04-21-2010, 11:34 AM
But I dont always have time to eat or even feel like eating. I dont know how to explain it but I have been living on protein shakes and fruit for almost a month now. I have dropped 45 pounds since january. I cant put on any muscle and dont know what to do. I do feel like eating once a day and when I do its clean..grilled salmon and a vegetable or some other fish. I feel like Im just not getting enough calories and thats why I ask about the weight gainer

mike67cmaro
04-21-2010, 11:39 AM
uhhhhhhm could u fit it in to ur calories? idk, u tell us. but if u need more calories, and thats what u want to fill them w/ then by all means go ahead. personally i would fill it w/ whole foods, but i'm hungry all the time.

Like I said I only eat 1800 calories a day and Im not really hungry. Sure I could fill them in with a weight gainer. Something like a 600-700 calorie gainer 2 times a day on work out days plus my protein shakes and what ever fruit I can grab. My school cafateria is awesome and I do feel like eating there. They have salmon and sushi and vegetables and fresh fruit. I was thinking on work out days to up my calorie intake to maybe 2500 and then be able to work out and cardio and wind up with maybe 1800. but would it build muscle? Is it even smart to do on a cut? I feel like Im a hard gainer because I have been working out for almost 2 years and I look the same but skinny fat. Im about 13-15% bf with NO DEFINITION!!! Should I say screw the cut and try to get big first? I can feel muscle right the under neath my skin. Im pretty tight but it just doesnt show

jorgerod
04-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Like I said I only eat 1800 calories a day and Im not really hungry. Sure I could fill them in with a weight gainer. Something like a 600-700 calorie gainer 2 times a day on work out days plus my protein shakes and what ever fruit I can grab. My school cafateria is awesome and I do feel like eating there. They have salmon and sushi and vegetables and fresh fruit. I was thinking on work out days to up my calorie intake to maybe 2500 and then be able to work out and cardio and wind up with maybe 1800. but would it build muscle? Is it even smart to do on a cut? I feel like Im a hard gainer because I have been working out for almost 2 years and I look the same but skinny fat. Im about 13-15% bf with NO DEFINITION!!! Should I say screw the cut and try to get big first? I can feel muscle right the under neath my skin. Im pretty tight but it just doesnt show

You should always find time for Ice Cream and Peanut Butter and Jelly.

Jorge

mike67cmaro
04-21-2010, 11:58 AM
I havent had either in months hahah

mike67cmaro
04-21-2010, 01:42 PM
should I just do a bulk until I have more muscle? Clean bulk that is..

B-ryminD09
04-22-2010, 12:41 PM
should I just do a bulk until I have more muscle? Clean bulk that is..

thats up to u. 18k is pretty low, so u might wanna do a short clean bulk to get ur matabolism back up to speed.

if u wanna keep cutting and use a weight gainer, go for it. just remember food>shakes.