PDA

View Full Version : nutritional degrees

shannonreicks
04-20-2010, 01:13 AM
HI,

I am thinking of making a career change, but haven't been able to find what I am looking for by googling it. I am thinking of changing from my degree in ultrasound to getting a bachelors in nutrition so that I may be a dietician. The point in this thread is so anybody who knows anything about getting a degree in nutrition, where I may find out which schools to go through, and the classes involved, could you please post here? Thanks so much!

Shannon

cheeseandrice
04-20-2010, 01:32 AM
HI,

I am thinking of making a career change, but haven't been able to find what I am looking for by googling it. I am thinking of changing from my degree in ultrasound to getting a bachelors in nutrition so that I may be a dietician. The point in this thread is so anybody who knows anything about getting a degree in nutrition, where I may find out which schools to go through, and the classes involved, could you please post here? Thanks so much!

Shannon

to be completely honest with you, the ultrasound cert will get you a job, whereas the dietician cert will not

your best course of action would be to finish out your ultrasound schooling, get your cert, so you atleast have something to fall back on, then try to pursuit the dietician thing

i am in xray for what its worth, even in this economy people in medical field are good to go for jobs

PBateman2
04-20-2010, 04:36 AM
If youre interested in nutrition the link below may help and can navigate from there. Good luck.

http://www.ulinks.com/nutritioneducationprogram-nutritionistdegreeschools.htm

snorkelman
04-20-2010, 04:42 AM
Alan put together a three-part series that may shed some light on things from a different perspective.

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2009/11/12/directions-toward-a-career-in-fitness-part-1/

Valjean
04-20-2010, 06:17 AM
Shannon, are you smart? If so, I would say go for biochemistry over dietician. You'll find a much higher paying job that way.