PDA

View Full Version : Carb up day on Palumbo Diet

MikeMcAlister
04-19-2010, 07:49 AM
I understand that the "cheat meal" on this diet isn't much a cheat meal as it is a carb up meal.

If I'm following the guidelines of this diet for a 200lb man, how many carbs should I consume on my carb day?

Also, when consuming the carbs, the fat and protein should drop as my carbs increase, correct?

Thanks.

MikeMcAlister
04-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Anyone?

Also, should these carbs be spread throughout the day? Or should they all be consumed in one meal.

ErickStevens
04-19-2010, 10:51 AM
On the Palumbo Diet, there is no carb up day. You're permitted one cheat meal of whatever you want for the last meal of the week.

MikeMcAlister
04-19-2010, 11:22 AM
On the Palumbo Diet, there is no carb up day. You're permitted one cheat meal of whatever you want for the last meal of the week.

Really? So what are the limitations of this meal? I mean, can I eat as much as I want, of whatever I want? Can I eat lots of carbs and fat in this meal?

Could you be a bit more precise?

ErickStevens
04-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Really? So what are the limitations of this meal? I mean, can I eat as much as I want, of whatever I want? Can I eat lots of carbs and fat in this meal?

Could you be a bit more precise?

Yes. Obviously you don't want to binge, but there's no limitations whatsoever on the macronutrient profile of said meal.

johnpagnolo
04-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Yes. Obviously you don't want to binge, but there's no limitations whatsoever on the macronutrient profile of said meal.

Ideally you do want some carbs....

I had a pizza and some nutella for mine yesterday.

ianianian
04-19-2010, 12:05 PM
an actual carb up works alot better on palumbo (yes, have done)

(considering youre 200 lbs)
600 simple to moderate carbs with minimal fat intake. IMO its much better to do this ove rthe course of a day.

if you're over 15% bf drop to 400-500 carbs. you can drop your protein 10-20% that day as well.

MikeMcAlister
04-19-2010, 12:25 PM
an actual carb up works alot better on palumbo (yes, have done)

(considering youre 200 lbs)
600 simple to moderate carbs with minimal fat intake. IMO its much better to do this ove rthe course of a day.

if you're over 15% bf drop to 400-500 carbs. you can drop your protein 10-20% that day as well.

So you're saying drop my fat to a minimal intake that day, then spike my carbs up to about 400-500?

Thanks to everyone for their helpful replies! :)

ianianian
04-19-2010, 12:46 PM
So you're saying drop my fat to a minimal intake that day, then spike my carbs up to about 400-500?

Thanks to everyone for their helpful replies! :)

ed zachary

yeah