PDA

View Full Version : Advice on home made shake?

Mr.Serpent
04-19-2010, 07:20 AM
I want to move away from mass gainer supplements and start making my own shakes. Here's what I'm thinking of using right now, criticism welcome.

Cals - 1208
Protein - 80.4g
Fat - 38.79g
Carbs - 82.29g

Ingredients:
500ml of full fat milk
Scoop of protein (Nutrisport 90+ protein)
Egg x2
Olive oil x2tblsp
Oats 50g

beeeyandizzle
04-19-2010, 07:23 AM
looks good to me, but IMO i'd switch the olive oil for some natural PB instead just cuz it'll taste better.

peanut butter is high in cals, has good fats for you, and tastes a whole lot better than olive oil in a shake

Mr.Serpent
04-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Cheers for the tip. Not sure if I'll take out the olive oil since I've never had a problem with the taste. BUT, I haven't actually bought the protein powder listed here so it might taste different when I get that one.

Rep'd.

Mr.Serpent
04-19-2010, 01:05 PM
BUMP

Mainly I'm worried about how much protein I can realistically use at once. I don't buy into that 30g per meal stuff, but is 80g too much?

lucasrd
04-19-2010, 01:08 PM
BUMP

Mainly I'm worried about how much protein I can realistically use at once. I don't buy into that 30g per meal stuff, but is 80g too much?

How much was in your weight gainer shake? I'm guessing more than 30g..right? I typically eat about 30 to 50 grams per meal... however, if you're worried about too much, ditch the protein powder..that would put you around 60g and save you some cash...plus it would all be coming from natural foods...

Mr.Serpent
04-19-2010, 01:17 PM
How much was in your weight gainer shake? I'm guessing more than 30g..right? I typically eat about 30 to 50 grams per meal... however, if you're worried about too much, ditch the protein powder..that would put you around 60g and save you some cash...plus it would all be coming from natural foods...

Most mass gainers I've used hover around the 50g mark, and they were huge serving sizes as well. This protein I've ordered has 45g per 50g serving, which blew my mind. You make a good point, I might only use half scoops, still leaves me with nearly 60g, and the supplement will last longer.

Cheers brah.