PDA

View Full Version : Please give me basic nutrition tips.

laflsyl10
04-19-2010, 07:07 AM
Hi Al, first of all, i'm sorry if this has been covered before. I'm basically looking for tips on nutrition. Basically i eat normal (breakfast, lunch and dinner with a couple of snacks in between.)
I'm looking at a quick list of what you guys eat to sorta give me an idea on what to eat. I rarely eat out at restaurant and i mostly make my lunches daily. I really feel like nutrition is more important than lifting but i'm lacking in that department.

Example of today meal include the following.
7:30 am, coffee at office
8:00 am, 2 toast with nutela and peanut butter.
10:45 am, yogurt with ceral in it.
Noon, chicken ceasar salad, apple and banana.
4:00 pm, granola bar with peach/
5:00 pm workout
6:30 pm whey protein
6:45 pm diner Probably pasta and desert
8:30 -9:00 pm...small snack.

I need help, please tell what what other things i should include in my diet, i'm looking at a clean bulk. Im 165lbs and i really want to be 175-180 lbs by the end of 2010. thanks

jorgerod
04-19-2010, 07:25 AM
Hi Al, first of all, i'm sorry if this has been covered before. I'm basically looking for tips on nutrition. Basically i eat normal (breakfast, lunch and dinner with a couple of snacks in between.)
I'm looking at a quick list of what you guys eat to sorta give me an idea on what to eat. I rarely eat out at restaurant and i mostly make my lunches daily. I really feel like nutrition is more important than lifting but i'm lacking in that department.

Example of today meal include the following.
7:30 am, coffee at office
8:00 am, 2 toast with nutela and peanut butter.
10:45 am, yogurt with ceral in it.
Noon, chicken ceasar salad, apple and banana.
4:00 pm, granola bar with peach/
5:00 pm workout
6:30 pm whey protein
6:45 pm diner Probably pasta and desert
8:30 -9:00 pm...small snack.

I need help, please tell what what other things i should include in my diet, i'm looking at a clean bulk. Im 165lbs and i really want to be 175-180 lbs by the end of 2010. thanks

You seem to have a general idea of what you want. My recommendations are to look at lean meats and specially look at meats with a high protein concentration per ounce, like scallops, octopus, etc.

Fats are important, good sources are avocados, nuts, Olive Oil,

Try to get the most nutrients from actual food, supplement the rest with protein shakes etc, not the other way around.

Hit the weights hard and heavy.

Jorge

jmstoge
04-19-2010, 07:52 AM
This is actually a really good start. PM me if you want me to switch a few things around for you that might suit your goals a little bit better.