PDA

View Full Version : Your take on this?

ronaldlabby
04-19-2010, 06:04 AM
I got a thin biceps with 36 inch waist and weigh 167 lbs and 24 percent body fat..i have just started training and i want to build my muscle and lose my mid section fat by august.... Am not sure if i should cut down my calories and reduce my mid section first, or if i should bulk first, add some mass and then cut down...

jorgerod
04-19-2010, 07:13 AM
I got a thin biceps with 36 inch waist and weigh 167 lbs and 24 percent body fat..i have just started training and i want to build my muscle and lose my mid section fat by august.... Am not sure if i should cut down my calories and reduce my mid section first, or if i should bulk first, add some mass and then cut down...

First of all thinking you can lose weight from a specific area is a misconception, this in addition to the fact that belly fat is usually the last to go. If you start cutting you will start losing weight from your entire body. The problem with bulking up if you are already have the muscles covered by fat is that your progress does not immediately show even if it's there. I would personally recommend you cut first, see what you have to work with and the bulk cleanly.

Jorge