PDA

View Full Version : Losing fat gaining muscle same time (it's possible)



ol matey
04-19-2010, 01:52 AM
So if you maintain the same amount of calories, have been lifting for years but have always had a **** diet and change your calories to "clean" foods, i.e. low-GI, no booze, plenty of protein, healthy fats, rather than the crap you were eating before, you will lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. No beginner status, same caloric intake, same weight, different stats.

dizzay20
04-19-2010, 01:52 AM
brool story co.

GavinT
04-19-2010, 04:26 AM
It IS possible. just the most INEFFECTIVE way to bodybuild.

Im a walking example. Anyone who wants to argue this, just talk to me. My life demonstrates the ability to lose fat and gain muscle. Also the BEST documentary to further suggest this process: "i want to look like that guy". DEFINITELY worth a watch,

C29i
04-19-2010, 05:02 AM
It IS possible. just the most INEFFECTIVE way to bodybuild.

Im a walking example. Anyone who wants to argue this, just talk to me. My life demonstrates the ability to lose fat and gain muscle. Also the BEST documentary to further suggest this process: "i want to look like that guy". DEFINITELY worth a watch,

He bulked first, that was the lift and eat whatever you want period.

ol matey
04-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Where is this vid?

GavinT
04-20-2010, 06:41 AM
It was made in 2009. Very recent.
You should buy it.

Or stream from the internet from online streaming sites. Or Torrent search it.
I cant suggest any as it is illegal in most countries and dont want to encourage it but im sure you know what im talking about :)

plumher
04-20-2010, 08:40 AM
I dont buy into the whole bulk-cut mentality. Yo-yo dieting cant be very healthy. You gain fat with muscle as you bulk, then restrict calories to strip fat(but you lose some muscle too)

Slow and steady wins the race IMO. If you want to try the bulk/cut thing, fine. Mosty people use a bulk to eat whatever and whenever and end up actually in the same place where they started.

!. Lift heavy weights(heavy for you-5-8 reps to failure)
2. Get at least 1 gr protein/lb bodyweight
3. If you lose weight at the calories you're currently at, raise them 250 week until you stop losing weight.
4 . get adequate rest. Muscle are made(grow) outside the gym as you recover.


These few points will give you 90% of your results. The other 10% takes too much time, money, and effort to find out what works as everyone's body is slightly different

Time2BulkUp
04-20-2010, 08:54 AM
I dont buy into the whole bulk-cut mentality. Yo-yo dieting cant be very healthy. You gain fat with muscle as you bulk, then restrict calories to strip fat(but you lose some muscle too)

Slow and steady wins the race IMO. If you want to try the bulk/cut thing, fine. Mosty people use a bulk to eat whatever and whenever and end up actually in the same place where they started.

!. Lift heavy weights(heavy for you-5-8 reps to failure)
2. Get at least 1 gr protein/lb bodyweight
3. If you lose weight at the calories you're currently at, raise them 250 week until you stop losing weight.
4 . get adequate rest. Muscle are made(grow) outside the gym as you recover.


These few points will give you 90% of your results. The other 10% takes too much time, money, and effort to find out what works as everyone's body is slightly different

I was always told to never trust a man with a mustache. ha ha ha... just kidding.

I agree with ya! I did the whole bulk/cut thing, and actually ended up back to where I was when I started. I'm still now cutting down to the last few lbs. to weigh exactly what I did. It does take longer, but it's worth it in the end. You wanna look great all year around. Time and patience to see what works is the key in both diet and workout routine!

kusok
04-20-2010, 09:02 AM
It IS possible. just the most INEFFECTIVE way to bodybuild.

Im a walking example. Anyone who wants to argue this, just talk to me. My life demonstrates the ability to lose fat and gain muscle. Also the BEST documentary to further suggest this process: "i want to look like that guy". DEFINITELY worth a watch,



Many people like models (or just sexy bitches like me) can't afford to lose abs while bulking. What if you're offered a job or photoshoot and you're fat? lol

plumher
04-20-2010, 09:48 AM
I was always told to never trust a man with a mustache. ha ha ha... just kidding.



I've been told I looked like a 70's porn star. Trust me, though its just the mustache that gives me that look. I've since grown a foo man choo.

bodybuilding should be a slow and steady progression. We get caught up and want results right away(me included) and end up shooting ourselves in the foot. There is NO shortcut to the body you want. Companies make billions off the gullibility of people thinking they can get abs in 6 minutes 3 times/week. You can have a bowflex body in 3-20 minute workouts/week. I CAN believe the ads like p90x. However, what they dont tell you until you buy the program is the diet part..............DUHHHHHH!!!!!

Abs are made in the kitchen

GavinT
04-21-2010, 06:17 AM
i personally prefer taking it slowly and body building gradually.

Though i totally disagree with statements that dis cutting and bulking cycles. It obviously is most effective, as proven and carried out for decades by professional body builders who require sculpting and building their bodies to the best of standards in a very short time. Hence they would use the most efficient methods: bulking during off season and cutting pre contest. If losing fat and building muscle simultaneously was decently effective, then it would have been utilized world wide since the start of bodybuilding.