PDA

View Full Version : 20+ lbs in 5 weeks...any suggestions?

C_Geezy
04-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi,
I'm 23 years old, 5'11, and weigh 200lbs. I used to weigh ~180 a year ago before I tore my ACL in a soccer game. I'd like to return to this weight.

I did p90x for 3 weeks and barely saw any results. I lost patience and ended up back to doing no exercise and eating unhealthy.

I am going to start "Insanity" by beach body, tomorrow and try to stick to their 5 meal a day plan.

I can foresee this meal plan being difficult as I am a full time student and work on campus as well. Being able to carry around fresh food in my back pack doesn't seem like a good idea. I am looking forward to trying it but am afraid that I will end up with little to no progress again.

Please give me any suggestions that have worked for you so I can lose 20 pounds or more in 5 weeks or less.
Thank you

draybin
04-18-2010, 07:59 PM
I see you are new to this forum. It is going to take a ton of work to loose 4 pounds a week, thats a 2,000 calorie defecit everyday just so you know. You will also not loose all fat.

C_Geezy
04-18-2010, 08:03 PM
I see you are new to this forum. It is going to take a ton of work to loose 4 pounds a week, thats a 2,000 calorie defecit everyday just so you know. You will also not loose all fat.

From when I did P90x, I wore a heart monitor and would burn about 1000 cal on average per session. If I did this again on a daily basis and added in a spin class, or 1 hour of cardio at the gym, would it suffice?

draybin
04-18-2010, 08:06 PM
haha you dont have to create your whole defecit on exercise, you can also eat less. If you could stick to that much volume, more power to you, it will not be easy

Acer76
04-18-2010, 08:10 PM
I would try to be more positive first of all. If there is a will, there is a way.

Try to be more realistic too, 4 pounds is a lot to drop in a week. Aim more for 2Lbs but if you lose more, it's a bonus and you won't feel bad if you don't hit the 4Lbs a week.

Eat high protein and stay away from direct carbs. Get them from your shakes and veggies.

Too much cardio & you will lose muscle too so be sure to lift heavy and you'll do fine.

Good luck!

brutalpl0x
04-18-2010, 08:34 PM
you need to put in more than 3 weeks, be patient

mynameisuntz
04-18-2010, 08:42 PM
If you're dropping 4 lbs./week, then you can pretty be sure you're sacrificing muscle. In which case, you're not getting any closer to the ultimate goal of leanness. You're just lowering the weight at which you will be lean.

username-newbie
04-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Lyle McDonald has some cutting techniques and a starvation diet. look into his ultimate diet 2.0 and see if thats what your interested in doing.

word of warning though, you'll feel like **** and exercise will be the last thing you'll want to do when you go low calorie. also you'll lose weight but not all of that weight will be fat. a slower approach is optimal to retain as much lean muscle mass as possible.

it'll take more time trying to rebuild muscle then it does losing fat so don't be to nutty about the diet.

csb5731
04-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Lyle McDonald has some cutting techniques and a starvation diet. look into his ultimate diet 2.0 and see if thats what your interested in doing.

word of warning though, you'll feel like **** and exercise will be the last thing you'll want to do when you go low calorie. also you'll lose weight but not all of that weight will be fat. a slower approach is optimal to retain as much lean muscle mass as possible.

it'll take more time trying to rebuild muscle then it does losing fat so don't be to nutty about the diet.

RFL is his "starvation" diet actually. UD2.0 is more of a cyclical low-cal recomp diet with integrated lifting.