PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else angry more than normal?

mkbell202
04-17-2010, 06:16 PM
I have been lifting for about 2 months and my wife said she has noticed that my mood has changed. I seem to be short tempered now more than I used to be. Is this from the new boost in testosterone or what? I am not on any supplements.
Will this go away soon or what. Can anybody relate to this?

CaptChip40
04-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Don't think working out can have this effect. Is there something else going on? How does your wife feel about you working out? Maybe she has some preconceived notions about BB's and steroids and lifting.
Do you see/feel she is right? Maybe lifting is taking time away from home life. Only you and her can answer, but like I said don't think lifting can "make" you angry.

mkbell202
04-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Don't think working out can have this effect. Is there something else going on? How does your wife feel about you working out? Maybe she has some preconceived notions about BB's and steroids and lifting.
Do you see/feel she is right? Maybe lifting is taking time away from home life. Only you and her can answer, but like I said don't think lifting can "make" you angry.

I don't know, I do seem to be ill more often but I can't think of anything else that has changed maybe my stress level is getting to me. Thanks

SR800
04-17-2010, 06:37 PM
I have been lifting for about 2 months and my wife said she has noticed that my mood has changed. I seem to be short tempered now more than I used to be. Is this from the new boost in testosterone or what? I am not on any supplements.
Will this go away soon or what. Can anybody relate to this? The only thing that needs to go away soon is your wife's damned whining and bitching, training calms you the FUK down and if you don't believe me we can take it outside and get to some cyber beatdown time brother!!! What the fuk is she ragging about, she needs a serious talking to in a loud voice, don't let her treat you like a bitch, I mean it you muther fkr!!! Got that ;) :D

WTF kind of an answer is that? You saying something to start something, well if that is your intention then you said the right thing, working out makes me CALM and RESERVED you know-it-all SOB ;) :)

CaptChip40
04-17-2010, 06:46 PM
I don't know, I do seem to be ill more often but I can't think of anything else that has changed maybe my stress level is getting to me. Thanks

Ok you changed it a little here. If you are ill more often you may be over training, or maybe dehyrdrating, maybe even not eating enough. Could be a lot of thing. Keep track of your feelings and moods, see if you can detect a pattern. Good luck.

jeffaus
04-17-2010, 06:50 PM
The only thing that needs to go away soon is your wife's damned whining and bitching, training calms you the FUK down and if you don't believe me we can take it outside and get to some cyber beatdown time brother!!! What the fuk is she ragging about, she needs a serious talking to in a loud voice, don't let her treat you like a bitch, I mean it you muther fkr!!! Got that ;) :D

WTF kind of an answer is that? You saying something to start something, well if that is your intention then you said the right thing, working out makes me CALM and RESERVED you know-it-all SOB ;) :)Your comments have had an instant calming affect on me LOL

yakabebe
04-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Maybe your wife has turned into a whinge?

Seriously...test can make you a little "testier" as the saying goes and if you are lifting well I'd like to think theres been a rise in that hormone

Also if your lifting hard working on your goals are 100% focused and someone around you isnt then that at times can lead to a charged atmosphere

Then the wrong word, the wrong look..... hell the wrong vegetable served at night can trigger it.

David Wiggins
04-17-2010, 06:59 PM

Training usually gives me a mood RELEASE. Can't say I've ever known anybody to have temper issues from lifting.

Now I do admit my "mood" in the bedroom is enhanced, which my darling spouse says is already too much, WHICH DEFINITELY INCREASES MY STRESS LEVELS.

Overtraining, lack of calories can cause this, but it sounds like there may be something else in the mix ( stress, finances, ECONOMY, marital bliss, etc)?

BTW - Good to see another Ga. boy here.

-=FLEX=-
04-17-2010, 07:02 PM
I can't answer your question, because I've been short-tempered and angry since I was born.

I have a good job, a great woman, and between us we have 4 fantastic kids, a nice home, and a kickass car, and yet I hate the world.

Go figure.....

:D

-=FLEX=-

tmonkey
04-17-2010, 07:03 PM
try taking a multi vitamin every day it may help esp. if you are not eating right.

TooSlow
04-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Did you get a physical before starting to lift or any advise from a trainer/experienced lifter? Just asking because you could be overtraining, which may be a cause for more frequent illness, which may make you try even harder. No doubt my advise is to work through it, but make sure you're doing it effeciently and effectively. Best wishes.

Oceanside
04-17-2010, 07:16 PM
i take creatine, and traditionally it has always shortened my temper.

god........ I love these boards !

Byakuya
04-17-2010, 07:18 PM
I get that way if I start having caffeine withdrawal.. but not from working out.. if anything, I think that getting in better shape has made me more mellow because I feel better..

KLR650
04-17-2010, 07:19 PM

Face it - YOU'RE JUICING AREN'T YOU!!!! (just kidding...)

In fact I have the opposite effect when lifting - I find my mood improves dramatically. All that anger and stress from work just melts away. I also sleep wonderfully - which only helps my mood.

tmonkey
04-17-2010, 07:25 PM

how very true

I think i would really look at diet

bodyhard
04-17-2010, 07:59 PM

LMMother-f'ckingAO!!

Karl_Hungus
04-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Every now and then, we get posts asking about all the unstoppable rage people have from weights raising test. I think this is mostly a placebo effect fueled by sh!t people have read in the media about testosterone fueled rage. In actuality, high test is usually associated with a feeling of well-being, not rage. In fact, irritability is associated with low test.

lol....me too. Creatine? WTF?

kimm4
04-17-2010, 08:03 PM
I've always been an angry bitch...has nothing to do with my training...:)

ntrllftr
04-17-2010, 08:06 PM

So you're telling us that you have always been on teh creatine?

StressMonkey
04-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Every now and then, we get posts asking about all the unstoppable rage people have from weights raising test. I think this is mostly a placebo effect fueled by sh!t people have read in the media about testosterone fueled rage. In actuality, high test is usually associated with a feeling of well-being, not rage. In fact, irritability is associated with low test.

I've noticed this gets asked once in a while too.

Lifting has done nothing but make my life better.

fitmom43
04-17-2010, 09:14 PM

Lifting weights does not make you angrier, for me it puts me in a fantastic mood, where I crave the adrenaline rush I get from working out all the time. As far as you getting sick more, if you are working out 2 or more hours a day, and not feeding your body properly, and not taking supplements you will get sick! Exercise is only one part of the equation, diet, hydration and supplements is the rest. I do find I get more impatient when I don't get the support I want from my family and friends when it comes to my working out, but that's more because of their ignorance.

*STEVE*
04-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Your comments have had an instant calming affect on me LOL

lol

I take Creatine, and traditionally it has always shortened my temper.

dat der cell tek rage :rolleyes:

this ^

LMMother-f'ckingAO!!

this ^

we like you that way though ;)

lol

this thread is bringin the sat night lulz :)

IronCharles
04-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Well, I used to be a lot more laid back, before I started lifting iron. I've noticed a lot more aggressiveness in myself, and it has made me somewhat quicker to lose my temper. I always attributed it to natural raising of testosterone from the training, but now I see it must be teh creatinez! (j/k)

As far as wives go...... my wife is the best motivator I could possibly have in my life. She is a pessimistic, glass half empty type..... the exact opposite to my optimistic nature. When I tell her I want to get on stage someday and compete, she says, "You wanted to be a professional golfer, you wanted to be a professional bowler, but you never went anywhere with that, you never followed through, and you're not going to win any bodybuilding contests, you're not going to have any trophies, you don't have what it takes to be the best at anything.... yada, yada...." And I hear the words, and it makes me more determined to prove her wrong!

Yeah, I didn't have the talent to be a professional golfer, or a professional bowler, but I can look in the mirror today and tell myself "You've come this far in 15 months.... this is something you can do! It doesn't take a lot of talent, just the willingness to work a little bit harder than everybody else!"

I love my wife.... she has a way of motivating me (intentional or not) like nobody else on this earth can! :D

fitmodeltrainer
04-17-2010, 10:30 PM

If you're training hard, it will be much more apparent when your blood sugar is low. If I don't eat every three hours when I'm training a lot, I feel irritable and cranky. Not the case at all when I'm slacking off more. Not getting enough sleep will cause more noticeable problems when training hard as well.

BackwoodsGa
04-18-2010, 07:15 AM
I can't answer your question, because I've been short-tempered and angry since I was born.

I have a good job, a great woman, and between us we have 4 fantastic kids, a nice home, and a kickass car, and yet I hate the world.

Go figure.....

-=FLEX=-And i thought i was the only one.

Mark1T
04-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Fish oil gives me the rage.

Frank87
04-18-2010, 08:52 AM
I find that I'm more confident as a result of working out hard, never angry.

Could be you're over-training as some people have said, or not eating the right nutrients. Training is a form of self-love, so it should never make you angry.

Brackneyc
04-18-2010, 09:19 AM
lol

dat der cell tek rage :rolleyes:

Of course I only added this because besides some whey, it is the only thing I have added which would account for a mood change. My diet is the same, my training is changed only by the movements, and not the intensity. Of course, it could just be those around me brining it out, and the creatine is just a coincidental issue.

I'd rather attribute it to something I can eliminate, rather than just think I am a man with a bad attitude, which I have also been accused of. :) Far easier to stop taking some off the shelf supp (which may or may not even work), than to change my entire self from the inside out. :)

2nd_chance
04-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Angry like this?

http://larryfire.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/lou-ferrigno-incredible-hulk1.jpg

kimm4
04-18-2010, 11:49 AM

oh yes, that must be it...;)

chodan9
04-18-2010, 12:05 PM
for me it happened at 2 months training also

I suddenly realized I was a god among men,
and I began to look down on their petty mortal concerns with disdain, which turned quickly to anger.
I soon began unleashing my holy vengeance upon the hapless mortals in the form of natural disasters yet they would not cease their incessant whining.
I have recently come to the conclusion that mankind must cease to exist if I am to have peace in this universe.
prepare yourselves for the end.

btw OP hows your sleep patterns?

mkbell202
04-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks for all the advise I will check my diet I know I am not eating right.

2nd_chance
04-18-2010, 05:34 PM
and yet I hate the world.
-=FLEX=-
I love the world. It's people I can't stand.

hookrunner
04-18-2010, 05:46 PM
how did i miss this gem of a thread..

creatine=the devil...

-=FLEX=-
04-18-2010, 07:13 PM
I love the world. It's people I can't stand.

LMAO. I hate the people too. :D

-=FLEX=-

OutOfStep
04-18-2010, 08:33 PM

I feel like this this sometimes myself. I find that killing someone and then hiding the body out in the woods under some leaves and sticks helps to take the edge off. Try that. Hope this helps! :)

BrotherWolf
04-18-2010, 08:52 PM

Eat more...

BrotherWolf
04-18-2010, 08:56 PM
this thread is bringin the sat night lulz :)

Ya!! I was angry............... but now I am laughing, how's that possible??

gbg
04-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Pretty pathetic eh?

SR800
04-19-2010, 05:13 AM
I feel like this this sometimes myself. I find that killing someone and then hiding the body out in the woods under some leaves and sticks helps to take the edge off. Try that. Hope this helps! :)

That is absolutely terrible advice!!! How could you leave out the slow brutal torture first? :mad:

snoack
04-19-2010, 07:46 AM

nah man, you gotta bury it. Somebody's going to be out there walking with their dog and the dog's going to bring back a hand or something.

...besides, digging the grave is good cardio...:D

Centennial80015
04-19-2010, 08:00 AM
When I started training I also found it affected my moods.
It affected my sleep, and my diet which I suspect made me irritable.

At first I was short tempered, but over time the training transitioned to a calming effect.
I find that I am much more focused and even-keeled than before.

However, given the range of responses to your question my experience may not reflect the norm. :-)