PDA

View Full Version : Back / Shoulder / Traps workout

Gpow3r
04-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Ok so you guys helped me so much on my arm workout about a day ago so i decided i might as well changed my back and shoulder workout. Heres what i have tell me what you think i just re wrote the whole thing.

Military Press 4 Sets
Reps: 10,8,6,6

Bent Row 4 Sets
Reps: 10 8 8 6

Dumbel Shoulder Press
10 8 6 6

T Bar Negatives ( Work out i made up where i use the t-bar and do 10 total reps for example. Out of those 10 reps 5 reps are all by myself normal slow tempo reps. The last 5 i have my lifting partner put downward steady pressure on the bar while i resist. Of course i increase weight after each set)
Reps: 10 8 8

Pullups 3x failure

Dead Lift 4 sets
8 6 6 4

Barbell Smith Shurgs
10 10 8 8

Tell me what you think and how i could tweak it in any way!

Gpow3r
04-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Me again. :)

I'd alternate different days for the military and the dumbell presses, but not do them on the same day. 8 sets in a setting imo is too much overhead work. Not sure about the benefits of doing negatives on the t-bar, but I have never done them so maybe it could work. I prefer to do them the old fashioned way, but I am a work in progress :) Also, try your shrugs behind your back (with a barbell) once in a while if you aren't already. It is a wild ride. :)

The rest looks decent.

Lift, eat, rest, repeat.

Thanks for the advice again! I couldn't think of another shoulder exercise that i could use heavy weight on so i just went with the dumbel press. I have never tried shrugs behind my back, i've done forearms but never shrugs... I for sure will try that! If you have a suggestion for another good mass building shoulder exercise it would be great cause the dumbel press was all i could think of haha.

Brackneyc
04-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the advice again! I couldn't think of another shoulder exercise that i could use heavy weight on so i just went with the dumbel press. I have never tried shrugs behind my back, i've done forearms but never shrugs... I for sure will try that! If you have a suggestion for another good mass building shoulder exercise it would be great cause the dumbel press was all i could think of haha.

The behind the back shrugs are some of my favorites. I like both movements (military with barbell and dumbells), just not on the same day.

There are some really good (and some not so good) videos on You Tube showing proper form for the military press. Take a look and see how they should be done. Same with rear shrugs.