PDA

View Full Version : Am i eating enough?

biomarburg
04-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Here's my diet:

2 tspn of peanut butter- 16g protein, 14 carb

1 breakfast nutrition bar- 15g protein, 22 carb (may run out soon)

and for dinner

2 eggs- 12g protein, 2 carbs i think

1 can of tuna- 12g protein, 0 carb

1 bag of sunflower kernels- 12g protein, 10 carb

Workout includes:

Bench press- regular, incline and decline, 3 sets of 10

curls- both dumbell and preacher, 3 sets of 10

Seated military press- with both dumb bells and bench bar, and 3 sets of 10

bodyweight recently went from 175-168. Good drop?

Also 5'6, and will be 25 in may

And soon to start running, playing basketball, pushups, and endurance training on punching bag. Im trying to go towards the adkins diet affect, but then again don't wanna starve myself literally and physically. Please review and thanks a bunch

goldmank
04-15-2010, 06:07 PM
holy **** you eat absolutely nothing

NO YOU DON'T EAT ENOUGH! have a normal breakfast and eat the peanut butter and protein bar before and after your workout atleast brah

PJR23
04-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Yeah man, Think you need to up the cals quite a bit. How quickly did you lose all that weight?

There are tons of threads on here that will show you a great diet for what ever your plans might be, but I don't think what you are doing now is healthy.

determined4000
04-15-2010, 06:12 PM
thats about 800 calories
I am pretty sure infants need more to survive

ironraider52
04-15-2010, 06:23 PM
ya man...add at least 1 k to our daily calories. maybe way more depending on if you bulking or not.

biomarburg
04-15-2010, 06:28 PM
I lost that weight in about a week. Plus im usually drinking about 16 oz of water through out the day, and definetley after meals, and sometimes a glass of milk if i have any.

I was trying for the carb/keto/adkins diet but i did something wrong here didn't i lol? Ok so what exactly should i up?

Oh and i take supplement pills, the one a day vitamin from nature valley, and a 600mg calcium pill with vitamin d

biomarburg
04-15-2010, 06:30 PM
trying to bulk but go lean btw, like a boxer or fighter

ChecksandGiggles
04-15-2010, 06:36 PM
trying to bulk but go lean btw, like a boxer or fighter

either bulk or cut, you can't do both. By the way, if you're on 800 calories a day, you can only cut. Hell, small females maintain on more than that. Are you a small female?

Also, your routine sucks. Get on starting strength.

goldmank
04-15-2010, 06:38 PM
to be quite honest I'm surprised you're still alive

start by upping your cals so you get atleast as much protein as your bodyweight

biomarburg
04-15-2010, 06:39 PM
either bulk or cut, you can't do both. By the way, if you're on 800 calories a day, you can only cut. Hell, small females maintain on more than that. Are you a small female?

Umm....last i checked no lol

determined4000
04-15-2010, 06:43 PM

My three year old cousin probably weighs 30lbs and eats twice as much

goldmank
04-15-2010, 06:43 PM

lol then eat more!!!

get a real breakfast going oatmeal/eggs/cereal

and eat ****ing lunch man

biomarburg
04-15-2010, 07:01 PM
ok, i'll try and work out a better diet tonight, and start working on a lunch meal. Post the info tomorrow. Thanks a bunch =)

Chimpy1993
04-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Holy crap!! Are you really only eating 2 meals?! First off, eat a bigger and more balanced breakfast. Add lunch and a post and even a pre-workout meal. Oats, fruits, and some nuts at breakfast are awsome. Sandwiches and fruits for lunch are good. If your not doing post workout meal, buy whey protein powder(whey isolate is best), and pound out a scoop or two of thart with water or milk. If you want to bulk and gain lean muscle, you gotta eat!

Addiction
04-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Like everyone else said, you need to eat WAY more. Also, throw in a couple whey shakes and maybe a casin shake before bed and that should bump you up too.

As for your workout routine (or lack thereof)
Check this out, pretty good...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/12_week_daily_video_trainer_main.htm

goldmank
04-15-2010, 07:07 PM
alright everyone since his question has been answered and is well on his way let's direct our attention over to my thread.

it's about corns & beans, I need some advice

thanks guise

jrsonico
04-15-2010, 07:25 PM
thats about 800 calories
i am pretty sure infants need more to survive

lol.

JDkeystone
04-15-2010, 07:42 PM

o rly?
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv154/pumped4life82/n00b.jpg

update your profile then, missy (and double your calories while you're at it):p

MAGnitude
04-15-2010, 09:03 PM
I lost that weight in about a week. Plus im usually drinking about 16 oz of water through out the day, and definetley after meals, and sometimes a glass of milk if i have any.

I was trying for the carb/keto/adkins diet but i did something wrong here didn't i lol? Ok so what exactly should i up?

Oh and i take supplement pills, the one a day vitamin from nature valley, and a 600mg calcium pill with vitamin d

dont even think off doing these crap diets. just go 40/40/20 and UP your cals. your going to be doing damage to your body if you keep up the way your going, hopefully you haven't done so already.

Pavlik89
04-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Your entire meal for the day is what I have for Dinner alone + more

GavinT
04-16-2010, 03:44 AM
eat to grow.

thats like an anorexic diet compared to what bodybuilding dictates.
your metabolism must be crying. poor thing.

biomarburg
04-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Ok so i upped my diet to:

One bowl of cereal for breakfast

One piece of fruit post workout

One piece of Mazarella post work

One scoop of EAS Soy Protein Powder after workout

I bought both Soy and Whey Protein powder, The Soy is from walmart made by EAS, and the Whey Protein powder i got from a brand named Kroger.

Also as for my post workout i plan to stick with the cheese and fruit, but maybe not the cereal cuz im not a big breakfast eater. And as for the powder intake i was planning on alternating it like:

Mondays and wendsedays: post- cheese and fruit and after-Turkey sandwitch with whole grain bread

tues and thurs: post- piece of fruit plus cheese and after-protein powder

See thing is im usually off to a college gym by about noon or so then besides the gym, spend my time studying or looking for a job, so by the time i get home its usually 9-10pm, and thats why i can only handle the eggs, tuna, sunflower seeds in one serving

biomarburg
04-20-2010, 06:12 PM
And also whats wrong with diet? im trying to building shoulders, triceps, and chest mostly, and thought alot of benching was good not only for the chest, but arms overall

jrsonico
04-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Here's my diet:

2 tspn of peanut butter- 16g protein, 14 carb

1 breakfast nutrition bar- 15g protein, 22 carb (may run out soon)

and for dinner

2 eggs- 12g protein, 2 carbs i think

1 can of tuna- 12g protein, 0 carb

1 bag of sunflower kernels- 12g protein, 10 carb

Workout includes:

Bench press- regular, incline and decline, 3 sets of 10

curls- both dumbell and preacher, 3 sets of 10

Seated military press- with both dumb bells and bench bar, and 3 sets of 10

bodyweight recently went from 175-168. Good drop?

Also 5'6, and will be 25 in may

And soon to start running, playing basketball, pushups, and endurance training on punching bag. Im trying to go towards the adkins diet affect, but then again don't wanna starve myself literally and physically. Please review and thanks a bunch

You aint eatin anything. :D add em up is like my breakfast alone.

JJ4NU83
04-20-2010, 07:02 PM
I thought I wasn't eating enought lol! That's definitely starvation mode.

biomarburg
04-20-2010, 07:06 PM
im trying to cut before i bulk i guess. With the new addition hopefully its enough.

Btw can anyone confirm the myth that if you drink alot of water after you eat, it helps in losing weight?

ChecksandGiggles
04-20-2010, 07:21 PM
so you obviously aren't listening to any advice offered to you. All right man. Keep eating like you are. Enjoy the gains.

biomarburg
04-20-2010, 07:40 PM
so you obviously aren't listening to any advice offered to you. All right man. Keep eating like you are. Enjoy the gains.

no im listening, and even added to my diet

and so far nobody has told me whats wrong with my workout