PDA

View Full Version : Late night snack

psukines
04-13-2010, 04:01 PM
I've been eating a pbj and a protein bar about 60-90 minutes before bed. I was wondering on whether or not I should just substitute a protein shake for that meal because I'm trying to cut weight and that would knock off a lot of calories. I've been doing it for the last few weeks and have lost about 8 lbs. over that three week period. Any advice helps.

Emma-Leigh
04-14-2010, 01:33 AM
I've been eating a pbj and a protein bar about 60-90 minutes before bed. I was wondering on whether or not I should just substitute a protein shake for that meal because I'm trying to cut weight and that would knock off a lot of calories. I've been doing it for the last few weeks and have lost about 8 lbs. over that three week period. Any advice helps.
If you cut out food/ calories - you'll lose weight faster.
If you replace those calories you cut out for more food earlier in the day - your weight loss will continue on the same trajectory.

addictR3
04-14-2010, 01:46 AM
add some cardio if you are worried.

psukines
04-14-2010, 03:03 PM
So I eat 5-6 meals a day. I lift 3 times a week. I do cardio 15 minutes immediately following on the days I lift and for 30-45 three other days of the week. I've been making good progress but still have weight on my stomach, specifically my love handles. I was thinking that this late night snack might be adding to my struggle and wanted to see how others felt. Sorry I didn't really explain my situation fully.

goldmank
04-14-2010, 03:07 PM
depends how quickly you want to go. obviously you are losing weight. If you want you can increase the amount of times you lift/cardio or you can substitute that bar for 1 tablespoon of natty pb or cottage cheese. less calories and you'll still get a bed time snack