PDA

View Full Version : What Protein mix should I use?

JayRich78
04-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Sorry if this is not in the right section as I am new. To start I weigh about 270 and am looking to lose weight while gaining muscle. I shot up in weight after I quit smoking. So now I am starting to work out to try and lose weight. The question I have is I have been trying to look at differant powders. I was looking at the whey proteins and also I am on a low budget. I saw that Wal Mart has one for about $15. Is this any good? Or is there something better for about $30 bucks max? Any help and suggestions are really appreciated and Thank you.

CajunPballer
04-11-2010, 09:10 AM
For the love of God don't get anything from Walmart.

Body Fortress and Six Star taste like liquid sand paper dipped in a toilet water after someone drank body fortress and took a massive dump in said toilet.

For $30 max, look into MGN whey isolate and EAS whey isolate. You can get 76+ servings of around 24g of protein for $30.

JayRich78
04-11-2010, 09:15 AM
and any links to online sites would be helpful as well.

Leigh91
04-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Sorry if this is not in the right section as I am new. To start I weigh about 270 and am looking to lose weight while gaining muscle. I shot up in weight after I quit smoking. So now I am starting to work out to try and lose weight. The question I have is I have been trying to look at differant powders. I was looking at the whey proteins and also I am on a low budget. I saw that Wal Mart has one for about $15. Is this any good? Or is there something better for about $30 bucks max? Any help and suggestions are really appreciated and Thank you.

'' bodybuilding.com/store/map/freakfix.html ''

Try that. Great quality whey protein. Only $30 on Buy1 get 2 FREE!!!! Awesome deal. Get it now before it goes! Im gettin me some! :)

JayRich78
04-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Any other suggestions or are these my best?

black0ut-
04-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Honestly Wal Mart brand is just fine to me. I LOVE the vanilla. Honestly I enjoy working out now just to drink it after. With that guys description I doubt he has actually tried it. 15$ can't go wrong in my opinion.

JayRich78
04-11-2010, 07:46 PM
What can be purchased from GNC that would be good as that is all that is local to me is Wal Mart and GNC?

Rain50
04-11-2010, 07:53 PM
A few of my friends tell me the Wal-Mart brands (Body Fortress and Six Star Muscle) taste terrible. But since protein isn't 100% about the taste, they get the job done and are CHEAP. Go ahead and get something from Wal-Mart but be prepared to force yourself to down it, unless you're a lucky one and don't mind the taste.

JayRich78
04-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the help and any more suggestions are appreciated.

SmashBash12
04-12-2010, 11:11 AM
I would say that Myofusion is definitely worth the price. The taste is UNREAL, and it's only 38.89 for 5 pounds on here on BB.com. Mixes well, tastes good, and has a decent nutritional profile.