PDA

View Full Version : fun and exciting upper body and core strenght training

nathan1975
04-10-2010, 04:32 PM
i was just looking for some ideas on some upbeat and fun core stability and upper body streangth training programes, for someone who cycles 32 k a day and is just looking for that little bit extra when it comes to stability on the bike. thanks

beerbellyUK
04-11-2010, 04:29 PM
i was just looking for some ideas on some upbeat and fun core stability and upper body streangth training programes, for someone who cycles 32 k a day and is just looking for that little bit extra when it comes to stability on the bike. thanks

32k to commute? If you do 32k as training then why 32k, everyday? - could try and add a few shorter harder efforts, and do some medium/long lengthed rides.

Anyway, core stability is something I found greatly helped me on the bike - along with core strength, and I wouldn't disregard flexability either - especially hamstrings.

My favourtie one - the plank. Do this for as long as you can, rest a minute, repeat, rest, repeat. You can try it with feet/arms on a stability ball if you like.

Sit ups on a stability ball - infact any excersize on a stability ball. Even replacing the bench with a stability ball whilst lifting will hit the core stability muscles (though you will have to lift less weight)

SwollShelor
04-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah! planks are amazing for your core. Another plus for planks is the different variations they offer. For example, reverse planks, right and left planks, and alternating planks.

You can also use resistance bands and do left and right side pulses to help you as well.