PDA

View Full Version : Am I eating right for my bulking phase?

eegarza
04-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Hey guys, I was just wonering since this is my first time bulking, if im doing this right, my friends tell me I need to eat a lot (of the good stuff of course) im 5"10 143-46 around there and I workout 5 times a week for about an hour to an hour and a half. This was my log for the week, since I just started on tuesday, im not sure about the calorie taking cause im not too good with that, couting and stuff...anyways here goes

Tuesday 4-6-10
8:00am Bowl of Oats w/ fat free milk wtih a tablespoon of Natty Peanut Butter
11:00am 2 Steaks and boiled white rice
3:00pm Subway Grilled Chicken sandwice 6" no cheese w/ avocado and all the veggies
6:00pm 2 Lage Tilapia Tostadas w lemon

Wed 4-7-10
8:00 am Bowl of Oats w/ fat free milk tablespoon of Natty Peanut Butter
11:00am 4 grilled chicken strips and a baked potato
3:00pm 4 grilled chicken strips with boiled white rice
6:00pm 4 tilapia tacos w avocado and pico de gallo

Thurs 4-8-10
8:00am Bowl of Oats w/ fat free milk and scoop of Natty Peanut Butter, WW Toast, 2 Eggs (one egg white, one with yolk)
11:00amWhole Wheat Spagetti with Half LB of lean meat, Natural Tomato Sauce
3:00pm Same as 11:00am
9:00 Large Bowl of Cereal W fat Free Milk (got out of work very late, and I didn't want to eat a full meal, settled for this)

Fri 4-9-10 (Today)
8:00 am Bowl of Oats w fat free milk and scoop of Natty Peanut Butter, 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg
11:00 2 Sirlion Steaks with Boiled White Rice

I'll have my next meal around 2-3ish

Mind you everything I cook, I do myself, and I use no oils, just cooking spray

I have a pretty good workout program, a combination of Volume, Strengh, and Power that was given to me by a trainer, am I doing everything right?

eegarza
04-09-2010, 11:06 AM
anyone?

PBateman2
04-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Its hard to tell what your total cals/macros are due to lack of portion sizes. Have a rough estimate? What is your estimated daily calorie goal?

I would aim for 2200-2400 cals per day based on your weight and training scheme. Just looking at your foods for Tues and Wed not sure if you are hitting that. Hard to tell.

If you are not hitting your daily calorie goal, maybe add one more meal after 6:00pm. Cottage cheese/fruit, whey shake, etc.. All of the foods you are eating are good clean whole foods. That is excellent.

Need to track your cals/macros daily or at least have a general idea. Since you cook your foods tracking should be doable.

Good luck. Train hard.

eegarza
04-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Its hard to tell what your total cals/macros are due to lack of portion sizes. Have a rough estimate? What is your estimated daily calorie goal?

I would aim for 2200-2400 cals per day based on your weight and training scheme. Just looking at your foods for Tues and Wed not sure if you are hitting that. Hard to tell.

If you are not hitting your daily calorie goal, maybe add one more meal after 6:00pm. Cottage cheese/fruit, whey shake, etc.. All of the foods you are eating are good clean whole foods. That is excellent.

Need to track your cals/macros daily or at least have a general idea. Since you cook your foods tracking should be doable.

Good luck. Train hard.

Yeah i wanna hit somewhere around 2500 cals a day; I find it kinda hard to figure out how many cals are in steaks and stuff since it doesn't have nutritional values on the packs, and I get sort of confused with oz's and figuring out how many cals are in a chicken strip stuff like that, i try though, to maintain it, and I dont eat junk food

PBateman2
04-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Cool deal. Try this link. Has calories on tons of food:

http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/

avenged1
04-09-2010, 03:12 PM
thanks for the website bro! i've been looking for something like this but didnt even think it existed

TitanFB11
04-09-2010, 03:13 PM
if your gaining 1-2lbs a week. your diet is enough cals.

make sure you got at least 2-3g carb per lb bw and 1-1.5g protein per lb bw. the rest should be fats.

eegarza
04-09-2010, 05:32 PM

thanks man, ill bookmark that site

TehMan
04-09-2010, 05:51 PM

Good luck. Train hard.

http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/

repped!