PDA

View Full Version : V lat shape % bf ?

quartz75
04-08-2010, 06:41 AM
done a quick search but if someone can say....

what sort of bf would start to show ? pullups are probably one of my best exercises, altho i'm not heavee. Can do about 8-10 with up to 20kg on a belt. tx

PBateman2
04-08-2010, 07:07 AM
For a good V Taper, hard to predict a BF%. Everyone is different. Usually around 12%-13% BF, you can start to see a nice shape provided you have the mass/structure. Speaking in general.

Pull-Ups are good. I even suggest weighted pull-ups every now and then to really stretch the lats. Barbell Rows (reverse grip), Lat Pulldowns, and T Bar Rows will give you nice size and shape. Also, spend 10 min or so after every back workout stretching your lats. That helps a great deal.

csb5731
04-08-2010, 07:10 AM
The v could van be apparent at just about any %BF. If you store a lot of fat in the midsection, though, it might get diminished. Genetics will play a part, probably.

That's pretty good on the pullups, btw. I'd think that you'd have the "V" already, with that height/weight and lat strength.

KowboysUp
04-08-2010, 07:30 AM
It really depends on how big your lats are and where you keep your fat, like others have said. I would imagine the BF% you start to see it at can go from anywhere between 13-20% depending on how big your lats are.

Rectify
04-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Like others said it depends on the person. I store a lot of fat in my midsection so the lats didnt flare much when i was at 19%. I've lost about 2% of fat but the fact i've been working my back hard has made them pop out quite a lot more. I find if you're working them enough they tend to 'wake up' and come out of hiding.

foXs
04-08-2010, 07:51 AM
For a good V Taper, hard to predict a BF%. Everyone is different. Usually around 12%-13% BF, you can start to see a nice shape provided you have the mass/structure. Speaking in general.

Pull-Ups are good. I even suggest weighted pull-ups every now and then to really stretch the lats. Barbell Rows (reverse grip), Lat Pulldowns, and T Bar Rows will give you nice size and shape. Also, spend 10 min or so after every back workout stretching your lats. That helps a great deal.

Stretching muscles after workout helps?

PBateman2
04-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Stretching muscles after workout helps?

Helps me. After a good workout muscles and joints are heated up and tight and can stiffen and as you know can become sore a few hours later. This can be minimized if you do take a few minutes to "cool" them down with some post exercise stretching. I like to slow things down and gently stretch to relieve the tightness in muscles and joints that have built up during the workout.

th3pwn3r
04-08-2010, 09:20 AM
This can be minimized if you do take a few minutes to "cool" them down with some post exercise stretching. I like to slow things down and gently stretch to relieve the tightness in muscles and joints that have built up during the workout.

The anti-pump :D Don't wanna look too jacked&tan now do we?

PBateman2
04-08-2010, 09:22 AM
the anti-pump :d don't wanna look too jacked&tan now do we?

lmao.

quartz75
04-09-2010, 03:29 AM
cheerz guys