PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here plateaued during a cut? how did you break that?

PublicFapper
04-06-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm plateauing right now... been doing light cardio, and carb cycling... no carbs the last 2 or 3 meals of the day. What did you guys do to get lower bf after you've been stuck? Diet changes? more cardio?

paolo234
04-06-2010, 09:48 PM
refeed? go around maintenence calories, keep protein the same, lower a little fat, and the rest of good carbs. could be beneficial, heard alot about refeeds, personally haven't done any myself, because i seem to splurge and binge on goodies :D haha, but thats just me.
but ive read some succesful refeeds, you may gain some pounds the next day but thats just water weight, it will flush away in a matter of 1-3 days, and added to that, will be more weight loss then where you previously stared BEFORE the refeed. Just my .02

volcomkid
04-06-2010, 09:51 PM
depending on what's your deficit right now. i would try to drop another 100-200 calories and see if that changes. you could also up your cardio by a little. skip cheat meals/days and stay strict.

i personally just up my cardio intensity and do a refeed meal and eat what i've been craving for awhile when i plateau, it helps for me. it also keeps me sane :)

paolo234
04-06-2010, 09:54 PM
nice username btw. haha....

Ryanmckd
04-06-2010, 11:58 PM
You've been doing light cardio?

Increase cardio sessions

Insight
04-07-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm plateauing right now... been doing light cardio, and carb cycling... no carbs the last 2 or 3 meals of the day. What did you guys do to get lower bf after you've been stuck? Diet changes? more cardio?

cut cals by 200 or so. or burn 200 more via cardio. whichever you prefer and is easier.

in my experience refeeding won't get you past a plateau alone. you will have to cut cals. however, refeeding regularly can make a lowered caloric intake more pleasant to deal with (probably has to do with leptin levels).

RyouBakua
04-07-2010, 12:02 AM
shouldnt be plateau-ing

increase weights
increases cardio
cut food

any of those should do it

and why are you carb cycling?

Azgoodazitgetz
04-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Add 10 mins to every cardio session, did it for me.

Gx7Pyro
04-07-2010, 12:57 AM
if you are only doing light cardio, add some intensity; not a whole lot, just make the last 5-10 minutes of your cardio burn you out.

if that is not enough, lift weights (if you are not doing so already). add a full body excersize to the workout; i like power clean + press. targets many muscles in your body while expending alot of energy.

mikeyparkster
04-07-2010, 05:39 AM
taken from

http://rsardinia.elite-fit.net/

When you are on a low carb diet for a long period of time you may notice that your weight loss has stalled. You were at first losing pounds a week and then all of a sudden you are losing nothing while eating the exact same thing. You try eating even less to lose weight and you still canít seem to lose any weight. Well its at this point that you want to throw in a refeed with your diet. This is a weekly or bi-weekly meal day depending on your metabolism and body fat percentage (low body fat percentage people will probably want to do this bi-weekly).

So what is a refeed day? The simplest way to explain this from what Iíve learned is that you want to double your carbohydrate intake. You will drop your protein intake a bit and even your fat intake as well. Hereís an example of what your macros would look like. If you were taking a macro split of 250p/150c/55f on your cut, your refeed macros would look like this: 200-220p/300-350c/45f. These numbers can be played around with to fit your individual needs but ultimately you want to throw in a huge influx of carbohydrates to your system while taking in a moderate amount of protein and fats (relative to your cut diet numbers).

So what does a refeed do? Well after you are dieting for a sustained period of time your body will begin to think its dieing and will hold on to all the weight it can. Your metabolism slows and your body goes into survival mode. What you are doing by throwing in this huge influx of carbohydrates is telling your body that you are not dieing and to jump start that metabolism again. You may notice yourself being a few pounds heavier on the scale the next day after a refeed but thatís only due to increased water retention due to the higher levels of carbohydrates in your body. After 2-3 days you should see the scale drop below the level you were stuck at.

Donít confuse a refeed day with a cheat day. A refeed day is a calculated number of food intake for you to take to spark your metabolism while not screwing up your diet. A cheat day is typically eating whatever you want all day. If you ever track your foods youíll realize that most the stuff we eat that tastes really good is super high in calories, fat and carbohydrates. If you take in too much for the day your body will store the excess as fat and thatís the last thing you want when you are dieting. Cheers to getting ripped :)

SEAviator
04-07-2010, 07:40 AM
to what I've read, broscience, and my understanding...

lose 1-2lb per week.. When not losing decrease another 250 from your calories until you lose the same amount per week.. You may also increase cardio time or intensity a lil till you lose same amount...

**** will get real when getting below 10%.. there you gotta put more effort in both the diet and cardio and use fat burner..

darkshines
04-07-2010, 09:34 AM
I consumed less energ/ate less. Other times I used more energy/exercised more. Sometimes I did a bit of both.

Take your pick.