PDA

View Full Version : The Phillies Lineup, Doctor Halladay, & my opening day.

B_Nelley35
04-06-2010, 04:44 AM
Was at the Phils Nat in DC yesterday. Woke up at 3 am. Drove to buddies house, left his house at 4:30am with a few guys to head to tailgate party. Got the bus at 5:30. 11 buses went down to DC. Got 2 hours of sleep since I couldn't sleep, and didn't feel that good, but started drinking around 7 am lol...HUGE open field with free BBQ/beer taps up until game time.

Saw Obama throw out the first pitch. Nationals got booed in their own stadium. We had to be at least 30k phillies fans strong it seemed.

ROY DOC HALLADAY: After shaky start settled down with a

7 IP - 6H - 1 ER - 9 SO - 1.29 ERA

People who don't live in a baseball town do not realize how awesome opening day/baseball season is. It is crazy tailgating with 30k phils fans at an away stadium. Hearing mostly boos when the Nationals get announced at their own stadium.

I'd have to say Phils fans, this could possibly be the best lineup in the HISTORY of the franchise. Replacing Pedro Feliz with Polanco creates some MONSTER depth. Now you get Victorino who was our #2 hitter last year batting 7th in the lineup. They are going to bat around plenty of times this year.

Polanco's line yesterday? 1 run 3 hits 6 rbis

Ralph Wiggum
04-06-2010, 05:00 AM
At this rate, every player in the lineup (except the pitchers) will have 100 bats each by the end of next week.

STA1011
04-06-2010, 06:25 AM
Thread is relevant to my interests.

Inb4 phillies national league 3-peat and another world series championship

KingCanuck
04-06-2010, 06:57 AM
in b4 Halladay Cy young

B_Nelley35
04-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Ralph Wiggum is that you from Easternuswx?