PDA

View Full Version : To bulk or cut?

EddieMusicLA
03-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Hey everyone,

Im 17, 5' 11'', weight 185 and my main goal is to loose fat and in the same time frame gain some muscle in the process. The thing Im trying to figure out is if I should focus mainly on cutting the fat first and then building the muscle after or should I do both together? Im completely new to this and Im not sure what the best course of action would be.

Best,
Eddie

breadfan1982
03-28-2010, 10:50 AM
I've always been one for the "bulk up, then cut" type of program, but to each their own. As you can tell I may have let my last "bulk" cycle get a bit out of hand (8 years out of hand), and now I'm paying for it.

It is definately an option to bulk up and cut body fat at the same time though. You could do HIIT training for cardio, and strength training for your workouts and just pay attention to what you eat. Increase protein intake, and eat enough complex carbs so that you can really push yourself during workouts.

SEAviator
03-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Hey man how's it going? I think you're eager to learn... Read this bro...

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_truth_about_bulking;jsessionid=1F24AAD99184A44 7C853FB54D09030EB-hh.hydra

The only person that decides that is you man.. If you're fat cut and then bulk.. If you're not, just bulk....

bunbunVI
03-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Bulking is always better if you don't have a base, but don't get too fat on your bulk! Going slow at your age is not a bad idea.

coolspin27
03-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Bulking is always better if you don't have a base, but don't get too fat on your bulk! Going slow at your age is not a bad idea.

Agreed.... most will tell you to cut then bulk.

JJ-
03-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Since it is nearing summer time I would cut. I like to cut for summer and bulk durring winter. Just my thoughts

EddieMusicLA
03-28-2010, 02:18 PM
In everyones opinion,

What do you feel is THE most efficient diet/work out routine to simply cut the fat and get some toned muscle mass. Im not looking to get big, just toned with 6 pack showing and some noticeable muscle.

EddieMusicLA
03-28-2010, 03:42 PM
In everyones opinion,

What do you feel is THE most efficient diet/work out routine to simply cut the fat and get some toned muscle mass. Im not looking to get big, just toned with 6 pack showing and some noticeable muscle.

anyone?!

JJ-
03-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Lift heavy weights 3 days per week and cardio 3 days per week. You are not going to get big overnight lifting weights. It's just not going to happen. It will however help you cut the fat faster than diet and or diet/cardio alone.

Gusthebus
03-28-2010, 04:57 PM
cut first get a low bf % then bulk like a beast

RicG777
03-28-2010, 05:28 PM
I had an operation go wrong and have been in bed for almost 2 weeks. A certain ammount of hypertrophy has occured, but there would be no increase in strength. I worked hard for 5 months and was very lean. I am bulking now while I am down and will hit the gym 3 days a week (as opposed to 6 days usually) and do lots of roadwork (11klms a day, maybe 22klms) and cycling 40klms a day when I am back on my feet. I will let you know how things work out, so mine is "bulk then cut", this is "not by choice".