View Full Version : Courses/Schoolwork?

03-27-2010, 11:04 PM
does anybody know what courses and if there are any online I can take to get some sort of credentials to do sports performance training?

03-28-2010, 04:20 AM
Also interested....

Maybe start with a PT course?

Jhawk Fitness
03-28-2010, 10:25 AM
I got your email but I see you posted your question here as well so I'll answer it this way in case others have a similar questions...

If you are interested in a career of sports performance coaching some of the majors you can choose from at the college level include exercise science, exercise physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics and strength & conditioning (S&C is not a very common major and only available at a small percentage of colleges). There are probably a couple I'm forgetting the names of at the moment as well.

After getting your degree you can further your education and reputation by getting certifications such as NSCA's CSCS (Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist) or the NASM PES (Performance Enhancement Specialist). Both require 4 year degrees, at the moment I think the CSCS is still open to any 4 year degree while the PES requires a health-specific degree. Those are generally regarded as the "gold standard", though many other agencies offer their own version, it just may not be as well respected. If you get the opportunity you can also be certified by the CSCCA but I believe you have to have been employed at the collegiate level for 2-3 years before you can test for theirs.

I hope that helps answer any questions you might have.

03-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the info, I had posted this before I had decided to message you. Hmm I figured i'd have to return to school lol, i did a couple years of arch but its just not me. This fits my life much better Im going to do some research if you don't mind ill message you what I find to see what you think